• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Photography The French Connection - THAT scene

Fertile

Bluelighter

So well done apart from one watches HOW something melts. Very few things, especially '89% pure smack' melts neatly. It happens over a temperature range and even the OFFICIAL value of 100% diamorphine hydrochloride monohydrate gives a range of 242-244C. When you get close to the listed temperature you go SLOW, not 1C/second as film (by guys count) is going.

But still a lovely bit of film.

I cannot see WHY it would be 89% except it was cut. Given sufficient acetic anhydride (or similar) then 100% of the morphine will be diacetylated. Codeine is the only impurity I can think of and even The Taliban remove the codeine and produce circa 87% pure material. I would expect a Corsican lab working with pure morphine to do better.

BTW in the UK a few addicts are given heroin. HAT (heroin assisted treatment) seems to work for those who are motivated so I've seen pure disamorphine. Interestingly, it's worth LESS than an equipotent dose of street heroin. One user said it's because the street stuff IS a mix, is 'warmer'. I can see that.

Last edited:
Heroin assisted treatment? Sounds interesting, I’m assuming it’s being used analogous to methadone?

HAT is only used in a few cases due to political pressure, sadly. It seems to be used again and again, but only as 'research'.

Interesting story about all the heroin from the famous French Connection case stolen from the evidence locker and being sold on the streets at the very time the movie was being shown across America.

Last edited:
It's amazing that they got away with it from 1937 until 1968. As far as I can mage out, H was seized and some couriers were caught BUT the people at the top weren't stopped until 1968! They were supposed to smuggle 90Kg every other week.

Of course, the bust also made the US push for the UNODC and global control of certain compounds.

But now we see fentanyl and NOBODY seems to have a strategy to deal with it. I knew a guy whose friend was making various fentanyl analogues. From what I understand, no amount of methafone will stop withdrawal (possibly because the N-phenylethyl binds at an extra site). I've read of other chemists who say they were in acute withdrawal for over a year. I know one guy who was caught making etonitazene killed himself because the withdrawal was so terrible. Scary stuff.

Oh, and obviously the acetyl ester derivative of R-4066 is the appropriate medicine. It's costly to make but then it's x212M in potency, so you don't need much.