The Firefox for Android problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

simstim

Bluelighter
If anyone visits the site with Firefox for Android none of the text formatting or emoji buttons work. They work fine in chrome.

I posted this work around to trick the server into thinking I'm using chrome and then all of the buttons work in Firefox.

Is it possible to modify the server so that the same version of the site is served to Firefox for Android as would be served to chrome so that my hack is unnecessary?? That should be possible right?

Thanks
-simstim

ya gotta hit the 2nd button with the 3 dots to get the smilies to pop up - i almost always use firefox on my android - all the tools are there

ya gotta hit the 2nd button with the 3 dots to get the smilies to pop up - i almost always use firefox on my android - all the tools are there
On mine everything is greyed out and nothing can be selected.

Hmmm...weird

yea i can do everything on Firefox for android that i can do on my laptop

im on an LG phone but that shouldn't make a difference

Have you tried toggling the [ ] icon? I believe it’s called BBcode if you hover over it on desktop

That can lead to graying out all the buttons if it’s not set right

Have you tried toggling the [ ] icon? I believe it’s called BBcode if you hover over it on desktop

That can lead to graying out all the buttons if it’s not set right
I logged in today to find that everything was greyed out again. I tried this and it's fixed!

Thank you! I dunno what triggered this as I have never even opened the menu where [ ] can be accessed before.

Perhaps in Firefox for Android it defaults to off?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.