• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The extraction of DMT has taught me more about myself, than the actual usage.

Psychonautical

Bluelighter
Hello there everyone. I've been doing so many experiments with Acacia lately.
I've found that i am a hasty, mean spirited, aggressive sometimes over arching character.

When i exhibit those traits while trying to extract dmt. I do not get DMT. i barely get NMT.
This whole entire experience has taught me about patience. Controlling my emotions, and how if i throw negative energies at something.
I will get nothing except negativity.

Every night, i have had something freeze precipitating in my freezer i've had some of the most amazing dreams and Hypnagogic hallucinations upon waking up.
This is truly an art, if you want it to be.

That's great, from my experience extracting DMT I learned I am a hopeless, lazy procrastinator because I've never gotten around to it. Props!

Much like most tasks in life you leave your self at the door.

When in the lab you must be in "science mode" or there's no point in starting the experiment. Once you get inpatient or careless you basically ruined it from that point. With Proper time, tools, guide and notes 90% of the time you will succeed all the time.

I agree with szuko000. Trying to get to the usable drug without the actual science or methodology required and at least a basic understanding of the processes involved is going to be flawed from the start. Taking the time to assemble the required equipment can in itself be a test of patience. Cleaning said equipment and ensuring no contamination is also important. Having an interest in science does not mean you have no life, quite the opposite.

Indeed time in the "lab" or garage/basement is often your down time you'd spend with hobbies, painting, whatever and often I find evenings to be the best. Another point is your actually conducting basic chemistry and learning about chemical reactions as you further develop your skills: positive and negative ions and their role when a catalyst is added, molecular weight of substances and how that applies to say creating a salt from a base etc.

I must add that I have not been doing extractions for quite some time. A couple of years ago I would have happily sent you a collection with separatory funnel, a couple of ehrlimer flasks, glass stirring rod, ph paper, filter paper, a few beakers, retort stand with clamp, few test tubes... had quite a nice basic set up, good enough for simple acid/base extraction and purification work. All long since thrown away as I can't conduct this work in the garage of an apartment and still park my car lol. Been painting more now.

DMT extraction was something that I only got to a DMT freebase and then I would soak plant material, dry it and just smoke it. Harsh but hey why go further if it's just for your own use and your not intending to store it for any length of time? Just ensure the chemicals used dissipate and leave no residue and you should be fine. Wash may even be better. D-limone is apparently a non-polar solvent that is not too carcinogenic or toxic. If your Making DMT salt then excellent. Hope I'm not breaking the rules about tek here I'm not being specific??

Cocaine freebase might be an interesting next project if you have access to coca leaf tea or leaf. San Pedro to mescaline is also a challenging project. I think Cacti to mescaline was THE most challenging simple home chemistry project for myself. Thing is you don't need to be beside the retort 24/7. You can do some work and in some case you have to go do other things like meet up with friends, go to work, have other interests. Not everything is a one pot 45 minute synthesis.

Time, meticulous record taking and experience eventually pay off. Off course some processes do require completion upon starting the process in question but I found evenings to be the best. Evenings and a shed a decent distance from your nearest neighbour. Safety equipment is also good like gloves, gown, respirator and protective eye wear. Also a large bucket of H2O in case of chemical mishaps can be helpful.

Last edited:
Exactly it is art. Artists generally don't like anyone else fuck with their canvas.

It is their Canvas. Fruitful art is delicious to all the senses.

Haha yeah it sure can and best of all it's your own "home grown" fruit if you will. Like all art it only gets better with time and the more you make/create the greater the artistry becomes.

It doesn't help to only want to get DMT or shrooms, but it helps tons to actually enjoy working on the projects. I actually never even used any of my mushrooms or DMT the last times I made em, but of course I used plenty of homemade stuff in my life. I just love doing lab stuff, and will do it at home if I can't be at a lab.

Funny thread by the way, I like the self reflection but it sounds like you need an attitude change. The self reflection can be the start of that change, otherwise you are really doing something wrong. ;)

Funny stuff. Never have personally done a DMT ex, but I can certainly relate. It's good practice. a meditation almost. you have to get into a certain mindset to achieve a certain task that requires high precision and purity. I call it video game mode. You're calm, stoic, completely absorbed and nonreactive to mistakes...well, maybe not always. but you learn. i've also stopped playing video games since around ps2 came out, haha.

for me, a big part of it is being able to share something with another person that they never would without such amount of energy, focus, and effort put into it... for them. it really is an artform in this sense, that you are sharing it with them and they are relating to it in a very powerful manner. and it is fun in it's own way. you have lots of time in between to focus on other important areas of your life. it's a self-reflective journey in its own right. of course it also makes you highly wary of curious minds. selfish almost! haha. I'd imagine DMT is a lot more satisfying reward:work ratio...

yea, that cacti is a tricky one to interact with. i'm going to make a rule to never talk about extracts again without someone willing to ingest the tea first. The amount of effort needs to process cacti for the tea alone(properly at least) is enough to make a person realize the amount of effort put into the experience.

i get the same feeling from growing vegetables in a garden. preparing them, and eating them!

The Sistine Chapel wasn't painted in a day.
A Codex of Lost knowledge wasn't brought into fruition within a month.
A Garden doesn't grow over night.

Like, there really isn't any definition to define a ++++ experience sober.
Knowing that your simple actions produced not only physical results but spiritual results.
It's humbling. Honestly, exactly like meditation just as said above.
When you get into that stoic zone of humbled reality and awareness.
Those actions then produce something. One a spiritual level, on a physical level.
Everything is all connected through genuine vibration.
like i just feel like clutching my head and shrieking at the top of my lungs.
NO WORDS CAN DESCRIBE THIS AMAZING SENSATION, as it is equal to inside of my hemisphere, almost any ++++ i've ever had.
The Polarity inside of me is shifting. I feel it.

The Canvas and the Crock pot are one and the same.
The Garden and the Novel are also one in the same.
I grew a garden this year as well, with my girlfriend we had carrots and corn and tomatoes and kale and broccoli and cat nip.

Just sitting there peacefully, with a marijuana bowl in hand, (with a pinch of dpt or dmt in it).
You can literally hear and feel everything grow
and look back at it as a work of great joy that you put forth into the a small section of space.

Namaste
Gents and Gentilles.

Extraction of DMT from a plant medium is an endevour in science, not spirituality or meta-physics.
I suggest you focus more on yealding as pure a product as possible, rather than getting wrapped up in your own psychological facisination with the 'supposed' properties of the chemical.
Chemistry is not an exercise in philosophy, it's a very serious matter that should only be done with a clear mindset devoid of external agendas; whether they are conscious or not.

^^
entheo is 100% correct , and put it into words exquisitely.....

One can achieve very good results for all alkaloids [ not only DMT ] with little more than a crock pot and a turkey baster - the key to success is understanding what one is doing and why ...
Investing in a Soxhlet extractor and some assorted glassware can increase your yields dramatically - but safety is paramount ...

[ Zubrick's " Organic Chem Lab Survival Manual " is inexpensive , and will give one a good understanding of the principles of alkaloid extracting as well as keeping you safe . ]

I think you learn different things from extracting DMT and actually using it tho. Particularly orally.

I really love your post. A few years later, and it's still relevant.
Some folks like to go on talking about science, and the scientific process involved in the extraction process.
Yet, I read all over the posts in these forums that extraction is not rocket science; it is fairly easy, with the right tools and materials.
I am very familiar with oral ingestion of Ayahoasca. I am new to extraction, and am looking forward to trying some of the teks learned.

Personally, I am of the opinion that any activity involved in the circle of DMT, from extracting, synthesizing, or ingesting same, is an art form.
To me, art is a way of doing something, not any given thing that is produced.
Repeatedly, folks are asking the question: what happened? after getting poor results from extraction.

Its my experience that DMT is a higher power, a fource, or spirit of some kind, which can be repelled through poor emotions, or other bad vibes from the compounder.
I'm sure many would dispute this...YET, there's still a mystery to this.
There's still this area inbetween, where things may, or may NOT happen; a space for things to happen for the right spirit, despite whether or not, physically, all the ducks were lined-up in a row.

I personally feel you have the right attitude in this fine work, of searching, and questioning, and challenging yourself in this pursuit.
The shamanic path tells one that the voyage is as important as the ultimate destination.

I disagree whole-heartedly with you.
DMT is considered by many to be an entheogenic substance. From my experience ingesting hoasca, that the spirit that the pursuit of knowledge is taken in, is as important as all the mental space, the "pure science" that humans seek to impose upon it.
One can also get too wrapped up in the details, semantics, and physics of it, that he can chase the spirit of the Fource away.
It's important to be organized, and have safety as a concern, but to put too serious of a importance on it can yield you just as much nothing as if it were imporperly compounded to start with.
The fact remains, all the science is a thing of man. Once one blasts-off into hyperspace, or gets pushed through the material matrix; the one is now in the abode of the gods and spirits.
Despite all the complications humans impose on the entheogen, things become rather simple in this space.
All the affairs of science fade into the distance.
You are left contemplating all those energys that you tried to deny by keeping things entirely scientific and logical.
The pursuit itself is fairly non-logical to start with.