Mental Health The Emotional Impact of my BL Account being Doxxed to my Family

Ketamania

Bluelight Crew
So, when I first started using BL I was 16. Just doing silly shit like DXM and whippets. I am forever greatful for BL and it’s harm reduction advice that I found early, otherwise I may have very well died. 4 years later at 20 I’ve done heroin, meth, RC’s, and pretty much every drug class in heavy doses but safely.

When I was first on this site, I could only post on school breaks, when I could go home, because it was a preparatory boarding school. It was extremely Christian, used physical abuse as punishment, and I astonishingly survived my whole high school career there. I am only the second student to have stayed the whole four years. I’m surprised it hasn’t been shut down.

Anyways, on breaks I would like to do DXM and sneak out of the house to get nitrous. Then, when they, my “evil” aunt and uncle (my legal guardians cause my parents died), went to sleep I would drown the pain of my past trauma with drugs (if you wanna hear my story I’m pretty sure it’s on BL somewhere). I would lay on the bed in an alternate universe where pain didn’t exist, and only the purple glow of my black light.

My addiction started with just DXM and nitrous. Then I found out opioids were amazing after my wisdom tooth surgery. I began stealing my guardians’ pain pills and performing CWE’s (thanks to Bluelight). I stopped opioids before I graduated that high school though. I even tried to smoke Amanita Muscara mushrooms lmao. But it was never hard drugs I did in their house.

My aunt and uncle always said I could stay with them after I turn 18 (and while in college) cause we’re family and I had nowhere else to stay. However, the week I came home from graduation my aunt kicked me out for LITERALLY “not mowing the lawn well enough”. She threw a wall divider at me, and said many terrible things, but worst of all, she still won’t allow me to see or talk to my little brother. She/He has also excommunicated me , they won’t speak to me. However, throughout that whole ordeal she never mentioned my drug use. Was it just something that was so shameful of “the family” it wasn’t discussed? Or did she truly not know (I always thought I was very good at hiding my use).

Well, I eventually found out she DID know about my drug use and my very private BL posts. Apparently my principal at that high school checked my phone (which she did often) and noticed a “Happy Birthday” automated message from BL. She then looked up my username and screenshotted everything I posted and sent them to my Guardians.

My question is: why did neither my Guardians or former principle talk to me about my drug abuse? Could this be the true reason she kicked me out? When I found the texts on my principles phone (she let me use it to look something up my last semester of school) I was so devastated. I thought my life was ruined. Yet, they never did anything.

I wonder if they did ever mention anything to me, I would’ve never been addicted to heroin or reached this “point of no return”.

I pondered this tonight. Should I contact my former principal and ask why? I told my former principal about my later drug use, and even then she never mentioned my BL.

But to be honest, BL was/is my “secret” safe haven. A place where I could be totally honest about my emotions and social taboos. For awhile afterwards, I didn’t post to keep my drug addiction still kind of a secret. I lived in fear.

But you know what I realized? My past evil guardians and principal can stalk my account. They will see who I *really* am then. Not the fake presentation I was forced into for so long; just for the sake of their own fantasy of life. This is me, flaws and all.

So, when I first started using BL I was 16. Just doing silly shit like DXM and whippets. I am forever greatful for BL and it’s harm reduction advice that I found early, otherwise I may have very well died. 4 years later at 20 I’ve done heroin, meth, RC’s, and pretty much every drug class in heavy doses but safely.

When I was first on this site, I could only post on school breaks, when I could go home, because it was a preparatory boarding school. It was extremely Christian, used physical abuse as punishment, and I astonishingly survived my whole high school career there. I am only the second student to have stayed the whole four years. I’m surprised it hasn’t been shut down.

Anyways, on breaks I would like to do DXM and sneak out of the house to get nitrous. Then, when they, my “evil” aunt and uncle (my legal guardians cause my parents died), went to sleep I would drown the pain of my past trauma with drugs (if you wanna hear my story I’m pretty sure it’s on BL somewhere). I would lay on the bed in an alternate universe where pain didn’t exist, and only the purple glow of my black light.

My addiction started with just DXM and nitrous. Then I found out opioids were amazing after my wisdom tooth surgery. I began stealing my guardians’ pain pills and performing CWE’s (thanks to Bluelight). I stopped opioids before I graduated that high school though. I even tried to smoke Amanita Muscara mushrooms lmao. But it was never hard drugs I did in their house.

My aunt and uncle always said I could stay with them after I turn 18 (and while in college) cause we’re family and I had nowhere else to stay. However, the week I came home from graduation my aunt kicked me out for LITERALLY “not mowing the lawn well enough”. She threw a wall divider at me, and said many terrible things, but worst of all, she still won’t allow me to see or talk to my little brother. She/He has also excommunicated me , they won’t speak to me. However, throughout that whole ordeal she never mentioned my drug use. Was it just something that was so shameful of “the family” it wasn’t discussed? Or did she truly not know (I always thought I was very good at hiding my use).

Well, I eventually found out she DID know about my drug use and my very private BL posts. Apparently my principal at that high school checked my phone (which she did often) and noticed a “Happy Birthday” automated message from BL. She then looked up my username and screenshotted everything I posted and sent them to my Guardians.

My question is: why did neither my Guardians or former principle talk to me about my drug abuse? Could this be the true reason she kicked me out? When I found the texts on my principles phone (she let me use it to look something up my last semester of school) I was so devastated. I thought my life was ruined. Yet, they never did anything.

I wonder if they did ever mention anything to me, I would’ve never been addicted to heroin or reached this “point of no return”.

I pondered this tonight. Should I contact my former principal and ask why? I told my former principal about my later drug use, and even then she never mentioned my BL.

But to be honest, BL was/is my “secret” safe haven. A place where I could be totally honest about my emotions and social taboos. For awhile afterwards, I didn’t post to keep my drug addiction still kind of a secret. I lived in fear.

But you know what I realized? My past evil guardians and principal can stalk my account. They will see who I *really* am then. Not the fake presentation I was forced into for so long; just for the sake of their own fantasy of life. This is me, flaws and all.

Wow honey, that is a lot.
It's so good to see you post again though. I hope you're doing okay <3
If you were to approach your old prinicipal about it, how much closure would it give you, and would it be worth it? I guess that's the main thing you have to consider.

I'm glad to see you escaped that toxic situation relatively unscathed besides the heartbreak of feeling betrayed by your principal and guardians.

How are you doing now? Have you been able to recover from being kicked out and find a safe place to live? In school? Working?

I have been fairly open with people about my use and presence on Bluelight in this iteration of my time on Bluelight. Having never cleared out my post history it has been quite the look back on myself. As far as anonynmity goes you could always go for a name change.

@ashwolf22101

I can relate to a lot of what you wrote here. I hate having to pretend to be someone I'm not because - what - if I was just myself it'd be so shameful. One of my brothers smokes weed, like me, and the other is an unpleasant alcoholic... The expectation is me and my brother must always hide weed. I can't talk about it near my parents. They know when I'm stoned. They know when my brother is stoned too. He lives with them and he smokes heavily. He's still doing what he used to do when we were teenagers. He has a whole routine to hide the smell. But my other brother can drink heavily in front of the whole family and nobody utters a word. It's fucking ridiculous.

I have struggled a fair bit in my life and my family made it a lot harder for me. Instead of helping me, they were more concerned about being embarrassed because I was a fuck up. Was it their fault? No. There's just something wrong with me. They stopped loving me as much as they used to. Now I am someone they tolerate because we are family. That's what it feels like. I don't feel the love.

No matter what my children do, I will always love them.

You don't abandon an addict.

You are clearly a victim in this situation. I think you should stop thinking about and/or interacting with (in any way) your school principal. It also doesn't sound like you need your uncle/aunt in your life either.

she still won’t allow me to see or talk to my little brother.

That's a tricky one... Depending on how old he is, there's not a lot you can do about it without repairing your relationship with your former guardians.

I even tried to smoke Amanita Muscara mushrooms lmao. But it was never hard drugs I did in their house.

Amanita mushrooms are the hardest of all drugs.

I'm sorry. This kind of thing completely sucks. A lot of people prefer and deserve their privacy if that's their motive while being here. A lot of places in the world aren't safe to be in the know, so if you're in some outside community which disrespects it - this is brutal.

This right here suggests to me that you definitely shouldn't reach out to your old principal to ask about this. If I were you I'd just leave it in the past, especially if this is how you feel about this person.
Oh that’s so true. Yes, I shouldn’t reach out unless I change my username.

@ashwolf22101
Amanita mushrooms are the hardest of all drugs.
When done correctly, yes. I didn't do 'em right though lol.

I am glad you replied and shared your experience w/ BL as well <3. It feels good ya know when you can relate with someone. I just now had the time to sit down and actually process it all.