MAPS The Effects of Psilocybin & MDMA on Resting State Hippocampal Functional Connectivity

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Selective_serotonin_reuptake_inhibitor#Adverse_effects

Ho - Chi - Minh ..... SSRIs CAN CAUSE SEXUAL DYSFUNCTION NOBODY IN THEIR RIGHT MIND WOULD WANT TO PUT THEMSELVES AT SUCH A RISK

kidding, but forreal there are lots of awful aspects of such a "safe" drug treatment, especially withdrawal

what makes more sense, someone who takes an SSRI for depression, or someone who goes to therapy and finds the cause of their depression and takes Psilocybin to help them dissociate the negative emotional response from the stimuli causing it.

Hopefully one day we'll find out MDMA can "dissociate the negative emotional response from the stimuli" too, but until then i'm done arguing for it's therapeutic potential.

for psilocybin, we don't need to argue that it's therapeutic, we have scientific proof. :D

Well, that about sums up my arguments as well. I don't doubt that MDMA has side effects, but as with all medicines it's always a risk/benefit analysis... same with SSRIs as with MDMA. The difference being that MDMA would be applied only a few times in therapy while SSRIs are usually taken for a prolonged period of time. Anyway, that's just why I don't think researching MDMA is such a bad idea as Ho-Chi-Minh does.