• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

The effects of MethAmphetamine on the human brain

luckys1evin

Bluelighter
Hi, first of all I just want to say I don't use the substance myself (Never liked it too rushy). My question is this, how many rumors (or facts) can we provide about Meth Amphetamine to people that don't know where (or whom else) to ask.

For example "Meth Mouth". Its to this day, never been proven WHY this happens sometimes to heavy users. I honestly beilive its do to addiction and lack of oral hygiene.

Then we have the "Neurotransmitter damage". Don't get me wrong i believe to much of any substance will help delplete or destroy the receptors they act on (depending on how much you use and how often of course).

I think this whole thing (I mean the HORRIBLE rep it has gotten is the same thing the U.S did with cocaine in the 70's 80's in my opinion). For example nobody cared about the coke that flowed in through the 70s/80s, but then "they" saw the money, Jealousy or trying to keep our economy stable led to "The War On Drugs" IDK for sure obviously.

All I can say is I know regular users, none of which have Meth mouth or even lost a toot for that matter.
Secondly, Cocaine and Meth Amphetamine both work similarly on the brains receptors (Dopa , Sert ect). So I don't see the "this is more dangerous than cocaine" connection between permanent Nero damage with use of the latter substance. There is just no scientific evidence (Same with Meth Mouth ) there are Theories, the most famous being its the stuff used to make it, is so caustic it does the work, but there's a problem with that theory imo. If you've ever been around a Pharmaceutical plant, Tylenol or opiates, you'd see that they use solvents, powerful ones and many other catalysts ect.

So, whats your opinion on this cause the government just (Again my opinion) wants to do the same thing they did in the 80's with Coke. Scare you away from it with lies. (For the record i'm not endorsing the use of this drug in any way).
Drugs kill. Examples idk Alcohol and Nicotine/tobacco.

Think about it, is it for our safety or theirs, I mean what if they taxed all sales of both in this country, that would mean they'd have to decriminalize it, and no politician would ever suggest that for their rep sake (Me either btw). When the Meth drys up in this country like the Cocaine did there will be a new, more powerful drug (Research Chemicals atm) and the cycle repeats. Definition of "Insanity".

So anyone have any thoughts on this discussion? :)

Is this the right spot for this post? No idea, so I'll plunge ahead as my bowl warms up, a current mis-user and blossoming addict.

You have to also consider class (at least in the US) when discussing drug reputation. And meth is the drug of poor white trash.
It's easiest to see with the "meth mouth" that everyone KNOWS is the inevitable outcome of so much as looking at a shard, despite no evidence besides anecdotes (as useful as the evil "Faces of Meth" posters you've seen, which might as well be labelled "Faces of Poverty" or "The Downward Spiral in the Criminal Justice System"). And the simple fact there's no reputation when it's kids abusing pharms. Millions of kids on stims, thousands abuse it, correct me if I'm wrong and there's a pediatric dentistry journal devoted to the crisis of meth mouth in ADD kids. Except kids whose parents can afford therapy also have dental coverage. And if you're unfamiliar, dental is worse even then mental health to get covered in any meaningful way in the US. (Medicaid is infamous for simply pulling them all, yes all your fucking teeth, and giving you dentures.)

In the US, the southern, Appalachian, and Ozark bumpkins have always been depicted as toothless hillbillies. If you see a homeless person, with bad teeth, you now assume meth abuse. The exception is when the homeless individual is African American, because THEN he's a crack addict, breeding crack-baby supercriminals, as the headlines in the 80s literally told us.

Neurotoxicity
This one is a problem though. There is evidence, mechanisms available, the real question is occurrence in humans at typical-use doses, and I can't give an opinion yet.

Uh, conclusion?
I can tell you after working long overtime shifts while high and interacting with family while high and doing all kinds of productive things, this is the most innocuous pointless drug I've ever encountered. I'm also a drunk, and I would never survive close to a bender like this one. Hospital or jail weeks ago. No more job, for sure.

So it had all the moral panic of tweakers eating their babies. It was a raging epidemic, spreading it's sickening death-clouds across the land, until:

Someone started doping heroin with fentanyl products and people started actually getting hurt and dying.
We're in a whole new epidemic of drugs again, conveniently forgot about meth, except for a bit when Breaking Bad came out. Back to confusing Oxy with heroin with this fenta-stuff in the news, ignoring some fucking serial killer out there and turning kids ON to an anaesthetic as a good high.

Is that OK s1even? I mean, I could go on, qualify some things, look up some meth data and brains. Say, "but no kids, it IS bad for you. Almost as bad as cigarettes. Listen to your government when it talks about drugs, and consider its credibility." I can even dial up the cynicism, that's not technically registering for me yet.

Ya very articulate, like I said wasn't looking for a answer per say. Just input, and opinions. So thank for responding. Also no dont blindly listen toeverything your tld by somone who is "more important" thank you, that makes you a sheep think for yourself but always be well informed. My opinion.