• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

The Drug War Is Over (If Obama Wants It)

i have a hypothesis that the bible is probably just a collection of bestseller-type material from that era. like if somebody a couple thousand years from now decides to make up a religion based on dean koontz and mary higgins clark novels they find when they dig up an airport kiosk.

There are so many things that didn't make it into the Bible. Like there's a gospel about Jesus as a toddler making little animals out of mud and bringing them to life through miracles.

And there's stuff like this, which would've been one of the most famous ancient memes if it had been included:

Gospel of Thomas said:
13. Jesus said to his disciples, "Compare me to something and tell me what I am like."

Simon Peter said to him, "You are like a just messenger."

Matthew said to him, "You are like a wise philosopher."

Thomas said to him, "Teacher, my mouth is utterly unable to say what you are like."

Jesus said, "I am not your teacher. Because you have drunk, you have become intoxicated from the bubbling spring that I have tended."

And he took him, and withdrew, and spoke three sayings to him. When Thomas came back to his friends they asked him, "What did Jesus say to you?"

Thomas said to them, "If I tell you one of the sayings he spoke to me, you will pick up rocks and stone me, and fire will come from the rocks and devour you."

Yes, making life decisions based on a two thousand year old book written by uneducated desert dwellers is a reasonable thing to do.
I'm glad you agree.. personally I have a pocket version that I consult on every major descion and in fact every descion I have the time to check. 8)

"All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others" -Animal Farm George Orwell

“That was when they suspended the Constitution. They said it would be temporary. There wasn't even any rioting in the streets. People stayed home at night, watching television, looking for some direction. There wasn't even an enemy you could put your finger on.”
― Margaret Atwood, The Handmaid's Tale

“Nothing changes instantaneously: in a gradually heating bathtub, you'd be boiled to death before you knew it."

“No empire imposed by force or otherwise has ever been without this feature: control of the indigenous by members of their own group."

This isn't the end, and it isn't even the beginning of the end.

It is, however, the end of the beginning.
+1

Religion is retarded it seperates us as humanity. Its also caused millions of pointless deaths and many wars.

When will people realize the we are all in this together and that makin laws to incarcerate people based on what you think is wrong is wrong.
Even more wrong and stupid is judging some one because they don't read the same fictional book as you and enjoy spending there short lives outside of a church.

As meechy darko from the flatbush zombies once said "fuck religion because religion is division. That's simple math hoe!"

They used religion before the modern government to control people and more people have died a violent death in the name of god than anything else. Religion fuck everything up.. its even trying to derail this thread about Obama getting off his ass and ending the damn drug war. kinda got the feeling he may have been puppetized by his time in washington.. same as it ever was.

If a "brain chip" ever becomes available which when 'connected' to my inner usb port causes a cascading release of endorphins... I'm so gonna pre-order one from Best Buy.

I'm not Stateside myself, but the same is true for any prohibition country: no politician would be stupid enough to fully legalise drugs -it would be political suicide, as the vast majority of people are scared shitless of "hard drugs". It's within the realm of reason that an outgoing president or PM would pass such laws as a "legacy" act, but IMHO their would be a public outcry, despite the fact that crime rates would almost certainly plummet overnight. (In my area, 70% of all burglaries and muggings are drug related.) Not to mention the fact that prison populations would drastically reduce and the state would save and make an absolute fortune on law enforcement and taxation; ending the insanity is THE only rational thing to do, but sadly it's highly unlikely to happen, at least until societal values change radically. Anyways, sorry for the rant there - this shit is a personal hatred of mine: I've had too many friends locked up and thrown in prison for possessing a drug that it should be their personal choice to use.

As posted above, religion has been used in the past to control the people, but we're in a secular society now; governments have perfected more modern means: it's called mass media.

Just a conspiracy theory, I know,but IMHO they'll never make cocaine legal until they can develop a synthetic substitute; coca only grows in Peru, Bolivia, and Colombia after all- can you imagine how rich and powerful these countries would become, judging by our appetite for coke? Shit, we'd probably be looking at a new Arab Emirates - I'm sure the powers that be would not want to see that happening anytime soon.

I don't see any reason why there can't be government-ran facilities that distribute marijuana to the public. It's the same exact thing as what some states already have for alcohol, except with weed.

Same

exact

thing

there is a reason, and it's also green, but they're fucking stupid for not realizing how much more they'd make from just being the dealer instead of busting the dealers/users

except pharmaceutical companies might get annoyed, and stoners generally don't contribute to political campaigns

OOooOOOOOoOOO I see what's goin on here.........

I don't see any reason why there can't be government-ran facilities that distribute marijuana to the public. It's the same exact thing as what some states already have for alcohol, except with weed.

Same

exact

thing

there is a reason, and it's also green, but they're fucking stupid for not realizing how much more they'd make from just being the dealer instead of busting the dealers/users

except pharmaceutical companies might get annoyed, and stoners generally don't contribute to political campaigns

OOooOOOOOoOOO I see what's goin on here.........

Yes, yes, yes.
Except that stoners also don't usually rise up and demand change, since they are too relaxed to do so.
So that works in the gov's favor as well...
Still, I also believe that the reasons that drugs are not legal are political, more than moral.
Politicians have used morality as an excuse.

Morality is an excuse, and one that always seems to work with the electorate; they see drug use as immoral, therefore getting tough on drugs is a cheap and easy way to score political capitol. And of course there are many forces with a vested interest in keeping drugs illegal: the pharmaceutical companies, the prison system (business) - shit there are entire government departments and appointments whose sole reason for existence depends on drugs staying illegal.

I am not bad mouthing religion. Of course, if people want to spiritually become vacuous like an atheist for not understanding anything about their supposed religion/god, let them.