• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

The day after heavy drinking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

wasrbonk

Greenlighter
Hello,
sometimes, when I spend night drinking lot of hard alcohol I experience weird state of mind the day after. I just feel amazing, lot better and clearer state of mind than on actual alcohol. Im happy, euforic, funny, anxiety free and social. Do anyone know why is that? It lasts all day, with no hangover.
Thanks

You could just still be drunk.

Have you ever experienced an afterglow from psychedelics or empathogenics? Is it similar to that?

You could just still be drunk.

Have you ever experienced an afterglow from psychedelics or empathogenics? Is it similar to that?

Definetely not still drunk. It lasts all day and its lot different than being drunk. I never experienced afterglow, but it could be that. I once read something about glutamate,glucosamine release to brain or something similar, but I cant google it anywhere.

Maybe it's something to do with having an enjoyable night off and having a good time plus a day off after just feels good.?

I get bad hangovers so can't relate but it takes time to get the blood alcohol down to zero so unless you breathalyser yourself then it's probably still affecting you.

Sounds to me like the holy grail of solutions to a night out of heavy drinking. Clearly you very luckily or something else is going on. Are you any other meds when the binge drinking happens?

i have experiened this when i was younger after i night of drinking getting this afterglow when sobering up it didnt last all day though and i always just just attributed it to swithing from a foggy mind to clear

This is certainly a fun, existential/philosophical question to ask, but, unfortunately, it possesses no real value in terms of Harm Reduction. In fact, we don't want folks to start drinking at a heavier rate simply due to the fact that they saw this thread and though they would achieve enlightenment.

Status
Not open for further replies.