• ✍️ WORDS ✍️

Welcome Guest!

• Words Moderators: Mysterier

Poetry The Dark Mistress (An ode to Opium)

Hexenstahl

Bluelighter
I would like to share a poem with you guys that I wrote a while ago and originally shared on reddit. It is an ode to my great love, the opioid substance class, but I have chosen Opium for this poem because of the romanticism that is so deeply connected to the great mother of all opioids. Enjoy the read 😘

:heart8: The Dark Mistress :heart8:

Glorious thou standest, raised up high in the sky,

for you have been created by the one eye.

Round and full is thine head,

reminiscent of a woman's nurturing chest.
:heart8:
Although thou wearest a crown, a symbol of your divinity,

thou art as humble as your father infinity.

Opium, the lifeblood flowing through Lady Poppy's veins,

taking away our burdens and pains.
Oh dark and dangerous mistress,

the vapor of thy black milk giveth us the bliss for us to witness.

Body, mind and soul melting into a blissful whole.

Enveloping me with the warm, rose colored cloud that you are,

elevating my soul to a world of love and peace quite far.

Neither asleep nor awake, in this state of liminality,

romantic dreams of the most sensual nature pierce the veil of reality.
Oh sweet Opium, daughter of the baneful star,

putting adamantine chains on those who have fallen in love with thy comforting charm.

Woe betide to him who intends to leave you, for thou do not tolerate divorce,

and punish torturously his body, mind and spirit taking seven days in course.

Thy beautiful angelic face now shifting into a dreadful, demonic demeanor,

haunting your illoyal lover with excrutiating pains becoming deeper and deeper.
From the ecstatic heights of the golden age,

you have plunged him into the dark abyss of the iron age.

But no matter her cruelty, she forgives every time you go back into her embrace,

for she is Lady Opium, giving love to us in her devilish ways.

5p0tpfm.png

Oh wow, beautifully written. Your words are powerful.
It makes one feel the warmth embrace, the hazy clouds of pleasure waves, somewhat wary for you never know where it leads next, but ultimately give in as you have faith she will be good to you.
Well done! :heart7: :rellyhigh:

Oh wow, beautifully written. Your words are powerful.
It makes one feel the warmth embrace, the hazy clouds of pleasure waves, somewhat wary for you never know where it leads next, but ultimately give in as you have faith she will be good to you.
Well done! :heart7: :rellyhigh:
Thank you very much nocebo. I'm glad you enjoyed it ☺️

I joke to myself if I were to resort to using opiates it would be poppies preferably opium already made by someone who knows what they are doing, smoking somewhere legal Portugal is the easy answer but still not desperate enough to risk a habit to that already occupied with enough I can't seem to cut down on lol

Bonus points for stylizing it

Opium can be a friend or foe

If one falls prey to the siren's call they will eagerly slip deeper into a Medusa like chokehold over their entire being

Thought I'd add my quick poem I wrote today...

Haven't done this in a very long time, but I tried. It's about taking a nap on smack. lol And depression relief.
Would love to read a whole book of this kind of stuff.

||||[-In The Hand's Of Heroin-]||||

Wading, lost in the thickest black
In a barren land far away
It's beige spirit takes my hand
And leads me astray

Over the hills of my woes & worries
And rivers of endless pain
Over all that once was
Never to return again

In a palace of rosy hue and golden rays
A world of much delight
Enveloped in the warmth of a dying sun
An antidote to my plight

The mouth of the sky
Consumes me in it's wide embrace
Filling me with ravenous love
Transcending beyond time & space

It's here where I find peace
It's here I find the way
It's here I find acceptance
Of those lands drenched in grey

My tired eyes closed
And yet they still see
The magnificent beauty
Of all that's around me

This glorious place
Open and free
Bountiful & plenty
A cure for my insanity

As the cold night falls
Drifting away in a slumbering sea
Greeted happily by Morpheus
The light fading, as he awaits me

Waiting, No longer lost
My path has become clear
My restless spirit
Was always destined to be here,
Resting

In The hands.. of heroin

Last edited:
Thought I'd add my quick poem I wrote today...

Haven't done this in a very long time, but I tried. It's about taking a nap on smack. lol And depression relief.
Would love to read a whole book of this kind of stuff.

||||[-In The Hand's Of Heroin-]||||

Wading, lost in the thickest black
In a barren land far away
It's beige spirit takes my hand
And leads me astray

Over the hills of my woes & worries
And rivers of endless pain
Over all that once was
Never to return again

In a palace of rosy hue and golden rays
A world of much delight
Enveloped in the warmth of a dying sun
An antidote to my plight

The mouth of the sky
Consumes me in it's wide embrace
Filling me with ravenous love
Transcending beyond time & space

It's here where I find peace
It's here I find the way
Of those lands drenched in grey

My tired eyes closed
And yet they still see
The magnificent beauty
Of all that's around me

This glorious place
Open and free
Bountiful & plenty
A cure for my insanity

As the cold night falls
Drifting away in a slumbering sea
Greeted happily by Morpheus
The light fading, as he awaits me

Waiting, No longer lost
My path has become clear
My restless spirit
Was always destined to be here,
Resting

In The hands.. of heroin
I. AM. IN. LOVE. WITH. THIS. POEM!!!

Waaay better than what I wrote lol. My favorite part is this >>In a palace of rosy hue and golden rays A world of much delight<<
and this one
>>It's here where I find peace
It's here I find the way

Of those lands drenched in grey<<

It perfectly describes how opioids feel. It's like Hesiod's Golden Age, only internal instead of external. It's the Elysium of the heart.
Opioids make me super creative and always make we wanna write poetry. Samuel Taylor Coleridge said that it was thanks to Opium which put him into a state of "ecstatic reverie" that made it possible for him to write his famous poem Kubla Khan. There is just something about opioids that makes people want to write poetry. Drugs are more than biochemical reactions in my opinion. They elicit a corresponding spiritual response. They can open up gateways to states of consciousness that otherwise remain closed. If we ever write that book I told you about I'm gonna put both of those poems before the foreword. I think it speaks to something within us that we can't express intellectually. It will color the perception of everything which follows in a positive way.

You seriously have to write poetry more often. You are super talented dude! And please, post any and all opioid related poetry here in this thread. I'm sure fellow passionate opiophiles would love to read opioid-related poetry in one single thread instead of having to search for them all over the place. I wish you a wonderfully pleasant day on cloud 9 my dear friend :group hug:

I. AM. IN. LOVE. WITH. THIS. POEM!!!

Waaay better than what I wrote lol. My favorite part is this >>In a palace of rosy hue and golden rays A world of much delight<<
and this one
>>It's here where I find peace
It's here I find the way

Of those lands drenched in grey<<

It perfectly describes how opioids feel. It's like Hesiod's Golden Age, only internal instead of external. It's the Elysium of the heart.
Opioids make me super creative and always make we wanna write poetry. Samuel Taylor Coleridge said that it was thanks to Opium which put him into a state of "ecstatic reverie" that made it possible for him to write his famous poem Kubla Khan. There is just something about opioids that makes people want to write poetry. Drugs are more than biochemical reactions in my opinion. They elicit a corresponding spiritual response. They can open up gateways to states of consciousness that otherwise remain closed. If we ever write that book I told you about I'm gonna put both of those poems before the foreword. I think it speaks to something within us that we can't express intellectually. It will color the perception of everything which follows in a positive way.

You seriously have to write poetry more often. You are super talented dude! And please, post any and all opioid related poetry here in this thread. I'm sure fellow passionate opiophiles would love to read opioid-related poetry in one single thread instead of having to search for them all over the place. I wish you a wonderfully pleasant day on cloud 9 my dear friend :group hug:
I'm so glad you enjoyed it! :love:
I think both of our poems are great! Both manage to capture how opioids feel, both while being on them & the feelings they illicit in us for them.
And in a nice abstract way. Even just taking a nap can be a beautiful & spiritual experience. Humans live in so much suffering & pain & opium/opioids are here to help us see through that suffering & take a glimpse at the beauty of life again.

Plus, you inspired me to want to want to write this big time!! ;)
So thank you for the inspiration!

I need to check out Kubla Khan & Hesiod's Golden Age! I can't believe I don't know them already. Actually Kubla Khan sounds very very familiar.
About to go read about these two!

I would absolutely love to see these at the start of a book.
I'm hoping to eventually write something about stigma next, but I'll have to take my time on it, cause I really want it to be deep. lol
I can't believe we live in a world where getting sloppy, shit-faced drunk on alcohol is legal & totally acceptable, while the beautiful states created in an opiate haze are "forbidden".

That would be great to get a whole thread started here of poems! Hell, even if anyone's DOC isn't opioids, I'd still love to read some poems about what people enjoy/benefit (drug-wise) from the most. But of course my vote is for opiates. lol

Hope everyone has a delightful day! :)
Much love,
Cheers!