• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

The Dance lifestyle and MDMA / further drugs.

ants

Bluelighter
So guys,

I have a stupidly addictive personality, in the past it has been the gym, tennis, video games, cars, guitars and now? Deep House, techno and trance (I use to be into rock and heavy metal...)

Now with this comes (not for everyone), the choice to experiment with illegal drugs.

Over the past year (Aug - Aug) I've been to ibiza twice and frequented a lot of clubs in London. Over this time I have taken the below:

Around 20-25 doses of MDMA. I'm counting 1 x pill as 1 dose. A lot of this has also been in 0.5g doses of MDMA which I have taken all to myself a couple of times (very silly)

I've also taken around 6/7 grams of coke and a bit of ketamine over the past year...

Now 12 months on, I'm starting to notice something. My bank account has been depleted (when I go out, I also spend money on drinks, cabs, entry fees), I haven't purchased any new clothes or tech items and all in all, I seem to be getting a tad bored of it. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the feeling on MDMA, but I love it almost too much. I can't continue at that rate or I'll constantly have a comedown and no money. The main thing I love about it is how many girls I meet but I don't NEED MDMA on that...

I've sure had fun over the past 12 months but it's made me realise that there's more to life than going out and getting a short high....hobbies, relationships, friends, having a comfortable amount of money, feeling healthier etc

Sorry if this feels like a lecture but hopefully some of you can relate? Ibiza was a big binge and I know I need to take a long break from this. Moving forward, all I could ever really see myself doing is MDMA twice a year MAX and maybe the occasional line of coke...

I think something important to learn when using something like MDMA is the value of the substance. Once I stopped seeing MDMA as just a way to party hard, dance all night, more easily meet new people, have lower inhibitions and so on but in stead started to see it as a real tool, something to be used to better myself as a person and strengthen the bond I already had with reality, people close to me and life in general I understood how MDMA should be used. I have no problems anymore in controlling my usage. I realized this after I noticed some of the MDMA-effect was bleeding through in my sober life (empathy, openness,...). I noticed it slowly changed me in subtle yet profound ways

I put immense value in every single roll and have developed an enormous respect for MDMA because of what it taught me and how it changed me. And when you realize the value of the substance, you stop taking it just for fun, though that of course remains an aspect. You start treating every roll as special and as such you try to make every roll as profound as possible, by implementing HR and by spacing out your rolls. I've got an addictive personality as well, but this isn't a factor with MDMA anymore because of this new point of view. And of course because MDMA kicks your ass in half before you can say "comedown" if you abuse it

As for the cocaine, I don't view 6/7 grams in a year to be anything more than sporadic usage so no problem there I think. Same for the ketamine. But if you yourself think you should take a break from it, by all means do it, don't hesitate. At the very least start spacing out your rolls more, like you already said you are planning to do. Sorry for the long post =D

Last edited:
Don't worry about it too much. Once you use MDMA enough, it will lose its magic forever. Most people move on to speed at that point.

I think something important to learn when using something like MDMA is the value of the substance. Once I stopped seeing MDMA as just a way to party hard, dance all night, more easily meet new people, have lower inhibitions and so on but in stead started to see it as a real tool, something to be used to better myself as a person and strengthen the bond I already had with reality, people close to me and life in general I understood how MDMA should be used. I have no problems anymore in controlling my usage. I realized this after I noticed some of the MDMA-effect was bleeding through in my sober life (empathy, openness,...). I noticed it slowly changed me in subtle yet profound ways

I put immense value in every single roll and have developed an enormous respect for MDMA because of what it taught me and how it changed me. And when you realize the value of the substance, you stop taking it just for fun, though that of course remains an aspect. You start treating every roll as special and as such you try to make every roll as profound as possible, by implementing HR and by spacing out your rolls. I've got an addictive personality as well, but this isn't a factor with MDMA anymore because of this new point of view. And of course because MDMA kicks your ass in half before you can say "comedown" if you abuse it

I have not rolled much at all, still quite the newbie although have noticed this as well.

I am fairly self conscious when it comes to dancing, certainly tend to lean more towards the introverted side of things. Unless I start drinking or something.
I then started rolling and the very first time it was just something completely different and a truly amazing experience.

Last weekend went out to a big event which we had been planning for a long time, all of us were going to roll. I got sick a week before and decided to not roll as I was still not 100% and I ended up dancing and doing certain things I had only done while on MDMA. The way I interacted with people and enjoyed the whole vibe / scene.
The therapeutic effects of MDMA, something I cannot explain. You need to experience it for yourself.

The one thing though which a lot of the anti-drug people go on and on about when doing drugs is "Why do people need the drugs to have a good time?".
I thought about it a bit, I tried MDMA as I was curious and wanted to see what it was like. What it did for me just enhanced how much of a good time I was having and make for a far richer experience.
I guess I need not have to explain it to you guys as you already know what I mean and am referring to. :D

The EDM scene is often stereotyped with the use of MDMA; however it is portrayed heavily in the hip hop industry as well (ex. "Molly" by Tyga). The first time i rolled was at my first rave. I had social anxiety and was quite introverted. After taking MDMA, I was able to open up to people easily and started using it on a weekly basis. Despite enjoying the euphoria, I realized that the comedowns are worse than expected. After a while, I start to feel depressed as if i'm the only person in the world. I limited my use in regards to concerns from friends and family members. I've created a utopia for myself that was only temporary, only to be destroyed by it in the end

Don't worry about it too much. Once you use MDMA enough, it will lose its magic forever.

I disagree. I rolled ALOT from 18-24, at 1 point it felt like every 2 weeks for 3-6 months. I know, STUPID!

But years went by without finding SHIT, then when I found something credible and consumed, it kicked my ass just like the 1st time.
IF your ever in that position where you
"lose the magic"
Give yourself a good solid year off of it.
Next time you play ball, you'll be as good as new.