• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

The Big Buvidal Thread - Buprenorphine Extended Release Injection

Hey, (I think) this is my 1st post here and would like to share my experience and will cladly answer questions, since I think I can.

I'll continue later today, some of my specs here:
  • 49 yrs, male, FIN
  • +25 yr history with most opiates
  • ~10 yrs of methadone 80-95mg daily dosage
  • Started ramping down from mthdne late Feb. 2021
  • Signed in drug treatment clinic 2nd of June 2021 for start of Buvidal jabs @55mg mthdne
  • Got down to 30mg mthdne in 2 days in the clinic
  • 1st buvidal 16mg 30 hrs after that
  • Was kind of sick but not as sick if you miss a mthdne dose, could eat fine and was not expecting that!
  • 8mg booster jab after 24hrs
  • Not sick, but a bit down and feeling blue.
  • 8 mg booster shot 48hrs after last one
  • Felt ok, not complete
  • 24mg shot 6 days after the 1st (16mg) jab
  • 24 mg after 7 days (so could see if methadone still was affecting as an "antidote".
  • 24mg was close, but last 2 days were slacking. Not sick at all, no real withdrawal symptom and same as with the 1st 24mg
  • 32 mg jab 7 days from 24mg
  • It's been 6 days 3 hrs from that and cannot complain!
  • Will get 32mg again and out tomorrow
  • Feeling good physically and mentally, not scared of relapsing with benzos, or extra bup.
Will post again, just read the other posts and was happy to notice that especially member THECATINTHEHAT's could be my experience and writings!

Hi @Kape Fear and welcome to Bluelight! Thank you so much for sharing your very valuable experience with us in this thread <3 I hope you continue to get good results from the Buvidel shot. Are you getting any kind of counselling whilst you're getting clean? Keep us updated!

Hi @Kape Fear and welcome to Bluelight! <3 I hope you continue to get good results from the Buvidel shot. Are you getting any kind of counselling whilst you're getting clean? Keep us updated!
Friday 9.7.2021
Hoping I got the quote correctly, 1st time using quote on this platform.

Anyway, thank you (🙂🤘) for the warm welcome, I'm doing very well! I haven't been in a place so good with myself in ~10 yrs., so it's difficult to think of anything negative to say.

What helps me a lot is that luckily nobody is pushing me to back drugs/meds and at the moment (at least), I have no pull towards that. And the lacking "pull" is something like 50% my motivation. The other 50 is by buvidal, which is blocking the "opiate receptors" well enough, I feel no need/cravings towards that now.

I started writing this post yesterday (thu) but didn't it completed b/c had to start packing my bag for a trip to my dad's cabin. He is probably watching me closely not believing I'm doing fine because of the past. I hate that, why not look at the bright side and maybe even be a bit happy to see son living life again and being active, happy?! Well, we are doing fine here and I'm sitting in the sun next to a lake right now.

Life feels so good that I'm a bit worried because of my past, more closely benzo relapses when I was with methadone. As I wrote before, methadone made me lazy&weak so when I had to do something mandatory, I ran myself to a wall and reseted myself with benzos which I don't normally need and am not addicted to. I am positive I can now do those in advance or have enough energy so I won't crash like I used to. We'll see if I'm right...

So, I'm very lucky to be alive and finally have a feeling that the nurses&doc at the clinic finally heard me (I started methadone again in a other city after a 2 yr break of 6 months sober, 18 months f*cked with oxy and morphine, there is no good heroine to get for OK price in Northern&Central Finland.

Thursday 8.7.21
(Didn't get this ready yesterday)
Sorry for "disappearing" from here right after posting the 1st info about my experience — life has just been too good without daily ups and downs.

Counceling is required by law here (I think) and it's provided by the Finnish healthcare system(=free for the patient). The norm over here is monthly meeting with a professional you are assigned to so it's kind of good but the skills/knowledge of the person you get naturally varies.

Methadone was just taking a toll too large for ME compared to the advantages.
I know well that methadone is a good drug for many addicts that I personally know, just want to make that clear, but I'm here to talk about my experience, life quality in overall, with buvidal 32 mg.

I got the 1st outpatient injection today, now it was in my arm and I've been out of the drug treatment facility for a week now, living my life free from the daily grind to the clinic to get my mthdne dose. The reason I had to spend a month in the clinic is that they never start mthdne/sbxne unmonitored in a treatment facility, I think this is true in all cities in Finland (not 100% sure.)

Later,
Me

Hey @Kape Fear glad you found bluelight and that buprenorphine is treating you good. :)

I was on buprenorphine for 3 years with 6 months of methadone between. I totally understand that methadone could make you not motivated and lazy. It did that to me. It also created huge emotional wall between me and everyone else. Buprenorphine was way more forgiving in that manner. I am not taking a shot at methadone. It is a great painkiller and medications for opioid use disorder, but it just wasn't for me. Buprenorphine is also great in a way that there is no chance of getting high on other opioid while you're full of it. That makes cravings even more tolerable. When the only option is "wait for 7 days and then try to get high" compulsions tend to dissipate. Youre doing great and I hope you will keep us informed. :)

I'm on the weekly 16mg Buvidal and it has completely changed my life for the better.
I do miss using and I have some methadone to try to get an effect from tomorrow(1 day after I would usually go to dose) but I no longer am tied to a clinic. I can sleep in. I can go doofing or on holidays. I save money on transport, my teeth are better off, and I have actually almost stopped using heroin. I've used maybe 2-3 times in 4-5 months which I almost can't believe.
I have started using much more ice and G but I feel it is at this point, a better alternative to continuing a 15 year heroin habit. But I still have a soft spot for heroin & all opiates.

Friday 9.7.2021
Hoping I got the quote correctly, 1st time using quote on this platform.
Yep, it sure did, worked perfectly :)
What helps me a lot is that luckily nobody is pushing me to back drugs/meds and at the moment (at least), I have no pull towards that. And the lacking "pull" is something like 50% my motivation. The other 50 is by buvidal, which is blocking the "opiate receptors" well enough, I feel no need/cravings towards that now.
That's great man, 50% motivation and 50% the medication. You always gotta make sure that there's a very large percentage of motivation pushing you forward <3
I started writing this post yesterday (thu) but didn't it completed b/c had to start packing my bag for a trip to my dad's cabin. He is probably watching me closely not believing I'm doing fine because of the past.
Ahhh yes, the TRUST thing.....unfortunately that shit takes time to heal and rebuild. But it will. Your dad wants nothing else but for you to be happy and healthy and clean <3
Thanks for the update, enjoy your time at the cabin, and let us know how you're doing!

I've recently come off Buvidal, I'm nearly speechless, 60 days since my last dose and I've had no withdrawals whatsoever. It's felt like a get out of jail free card.

I've recently come off Buvidal, I'm nearly speechless, 60 days since my last dose and I've had no withdrawals whatsoever. It's felt like a get out of jail free card.

Could the 1 month Buvidal dose act like a slow taper when the released amounts of the drug slowly decline over many weeks? I think there should be such an effect, levels will drop very slowly and evenly over a few weeks, mimicking a very disciplined taper.

Best thing that ever happened to me. I get dosed 3 weekly on a monthly dose of 128. I’m in Australia all it costs it’s the appt with my GP, which is like 55 bucks after the Medicare rebate and I generally need to see him about other stuff anyway so that’s fine.

Apart from my first dose, which literally just took me out of withdrawal and to totally level within 3-4 hours, I feel totally normal like not a high at all. In saying that you will DEFINITELY notice it’s there when youve had quite a bit to drink or a fairly high benzo dose, I’d almost call it like an activation switch for feeling opiated again. So from a HR perspective, obviously be careful with downers as you would when you’re on any other kind of opiate.

Only downsides for me have been that it’s insanely dehydrating, like I constantly and I mean constantly have to be chugging water. On top of that I sweat like a motherfucker all the time, I thought that would pass as I got on it in spring/summer in Australia but it’s coming on winter and as soon as I get a bit hot it’s like a tap.

Oh yeah and as mentioned it can hurt like an absolute motherfucker when being injected. Massive as pre filled needle, you kind of feel a slight scratch as it goes in, a big sting while it’s being put in and a massive sting for a good couple of minutes after that sometimes leads to a bruise and some blunt pain for a few hours. But in the big scheme of things who cares?

Overall all just such a weight off the shoulders though.

Could the 1 month Buvidal dose act like a slow taper when the released amounts of the drug slowly decline over many weeks? I think there should be such an effect, levels will drop very slowly and evenly over a few weeks, mimicking a very disciplined taper.
Well it isn’t formulated like that. So released dose first day and last day should be same. In practice it isn’t exactly like that but it’s close enough.

I went a year after my last Buvidal hit and had no withdrawal, or hint of withdrawal whatsoever. It's magic, the hardest part is your first 2 weeks on it. After that it's up and up, doesn't feel like a taper, just makes you feel normal. I got onto Heroin again a few months ago and kicked it without needing to go back to the clinic after a short and sharp experience that left me with much more guilt than ever before considering it took me 7 years to get off opioids last time, fortunately I quit in time I hadn't forgotten what it was like to feel normal.

I went a year after my last Buvidal hit and had no withdrawal, or hint of withdrawal whatsoever. It's magic, the hardest part is your first 2 weeks on it. After that it's up and up, doesn't feel like a taper, just makes you feel normal. I got onto Heroin again a few months ago and kicked it without needing to go back to the clinic after a short and sharp experience that left me with much more guilt than ever before considering it took me 7 years to get off opioids last time, fortunately I quit in time I hadn't forgotten what it was like to feel normal.

Hey, question, I've been just a month off 64mg buvidal per month but prior to that I was on 128mg each month for 4 months, then just said fk it I wanna get off and be clean, which I did and haven't touched H since. Overall it's 9 months on budivdal and I'm no longer taking any more shots.

It's been a over a month since my last 64mg dose. And I just recently smoked some H again just once, got smashed. I read it takes hundreds of days for the buvidal/bupe injections til you notice withdrawal symptoms (im scared of PAWS). Do you think that I used H that one time which was yesterday fkd everything up and went back to square one? Or the buvidal which Ik is still in my system and for hundreds of days til I'll notice effects,

So my concern and question is, that one time h use which was yesterday wouldnt effect my quitting stage?

I did wake up with a headache and almost migraine like, but took panadol which helped a lot. I'm never gonna use H again I just did it cos I wanted to see and experiment.

Thanks