• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Thc vs. Cbd

afroman21

Greenlighter
Upon watching weed wars i found out of a cannabinoid in marijuana called CBD, and i learned that it is not psychoactive and is mainly used for pain relief. While THC is psychoactive and more or less for the "high". I find this very interesting! How many more cannabinoids in marijuana are useful if not them all? What do you think about them? I want to expand my knowledge on the cannabinoids found in marijuana. Anything and everything is helpful. Thanks!

There are roughly a hundred cannabinoids with all kinds of varying effects. Some dont effect the high at all, but provide important medcal benefits.The different CBNs are very complex, and bind to several different receptors in your brain, casuing varying effects. Many I think that are probably not completely understood yet. If you wiki cannabinoid it lists most of the cannabinoids with what I believe are even illustrations of their molecular structure. Play around with google and you should find more, but really I believe our understanding of the cannabinoids in the brain is far from complete as it stands. Instead, weve identified the biggies (THC, THCV, CBL, CBD, etc, and studied those somewhat extensively. Im sure our understanding of all the cannabinoids will come in time as science chugs along.

Cannabidiol is CBD. On the physical side of things CBD in cannabis relieves pain, kills or slows bacterial growth, reduces blood sugar levels (diabetes), reduces vomiting and nausea, reduces seizures and convulsion, reduces inflammation, reduces risk of artery blockage, inhibits cell growth in tumors/cancer cells, treats psoriasis, has a tranquilizing effect on people with psychoses, suppresses mucsle spasms, relieves anxiety, promotoes bone growth, protects nervous system degeneration, reduces contractions in the small intestines, and counteracts the negative effects of strong THC (panic, anxiety, paranoia, etc.). On a negative note, CBD reduces function in your immune system. I can provide sources for anyone skeptical about all those wonderful things about CBD.

Over the past few years, "grow/smoke the highest THC possible" ha sbeen a pervasive attitude in the cannabis culture. Several labs exist for pot dispensaries to send their green to, for the purpose of identifying the % of THC. Growers and pot clinics shoot for ever higher levels, dispensaries will advertise that "WE have the highest THC pot!". We now have pot existing that is 25-30+% THC, whereas our parents were smoking 3-7% THc in their weed. CBD was virtually ignored until recently.

Nowadays, people have recognized the ample benefits of CBD. People are actively breeding strains with higher and higher CBD, just like the THC nuts. That means that pretty soon, people who prefer more CBD in their smoke will have more strains to choose from and stronger desired effects in their weed. Already there are strains making names for themselves as CBD strains. Ive heard of the Harlequin and Cannatonic strains being touted as wonderful for people who enjoy CBD. I wouldnt be surprised if their are some smooth stoners out there already trying to cross those 2.

CBD is essential to the cannabis experience. Sam the Skunkman, a breeder and almost legendary figure on the cannabis scene a decade ago, made a smoke report for us on 100% lab grade THC, with no CBD or accompanying CBNs, etc. He said he got high for about 15 minutes and that the high was unpleasant. This makes me wonder which cannabis constituent, probably CBD and perhaps others, is responsible for lenthening the pot stone to 1-2 hours. (It would be awesome to breed strains heavy in that chemical, and get pot that lasts several hours in the future).

Last edited: