• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

THC glycerin tincture

BustedUpBoarder

Greenlighter
What's happening guys. Just got my hands on some of this glycerin. He said to let it sit under your tongue sublingually. It's pretty fucking sweet and sucks to keep in your mouth. Question is can this be injested orally with just as good benefits?

I don't see why not, you might lose a bit to metabolism if it's swallowed, but you can eat more than you can hold under your tongue. Is it strong enough? I'm not sure how soluble thc is in glycerin. Does holding it under your tongue work?

So far holding under my tongue has been working great which was why I am hesitant to change. I do not have much knowledge on glycerin , just started coming across it, but think it is similar to alcohol as far a solubility? ? Anyone with more exp. On this and som info would be much appreciated. Thanks

Holding it under your tongue is more effective (by exactly what percent it's hard to say), but swallowing it is still effective. Differences will depend on what you have in your stomach, metabolism, and other personal factors.

Try swallowing some, it won't hurt, but you'll probably find the unpleasantness (minor imo), is worth the increase in effect from sublingual dosing (can be anywhere in the oral buckle).

Thanks a lot for the reply Monk. I kind of figured that much , but thought I'd run it past you guys. I will try just swallowing it and see how it goes. Will update with results. Happy smoking

Oral is slower onset and slightly longer duration maybe less bioavailability

Sublingual/buccual is faster onset, but shorter in effect as it's in and out of the system faster while bioavailability is probably a little higher.

It's really not all that different

I couldn't get it to extract effectively into glycerin, even using many different techniques. How long do you keep it in your mouth? How much do you have to use?

Have you tried Decarboxylation the herb before adding the glycerin ? Takes about 7-8 good drips for me. Held under tongue for 10-15 min if possible

I did the 3 month no heat extraction with decarbed weed and also with non-decarbed weed. Stirred both every day. I also did a heated extraction on the oven. None of them were effective. They did not work sublingually, and when swallowed they required about five times the dose required with fat based edibles or vaping. Because I was so exhaustive with these experiments I've been hesitant to waste weed trying again.

That is weird. And you were using glycerin? The thc would of had to be extracted you would think. Maybe there was not enough herb to glycerin ratio? I saw a few videos on you tube... might help ya out buddy.
I have still just been holding it under my tongue as I definitely get the best results that way. I just lay down on my back, Fire back some drops and hold it for 15 min.

If you wanna do it orally, just cook up a single serving in a lipid. I get a muffin tray, only need 200-300mg of bud for the level of medication I need, most people would want a few times more, grind it up, pour in enough coconut oil to just cover the bud, bake @ 325F for 20min is what I've found best over the years. Also, you'll want to bake your weed dry, no oil, @ ~220-230F for 10min or so to decarboxylate the weed. It basically unlocks a cannabanoid that's much more potent when eaten. You can take that oil and put it into any food you want (just don't go applying more heat to it, like putting it in a soup I dunno.). My standard way of consumption is to crush up some graham crackers and throw in some cinamono to the oil, tastes like weed/coconut flavored funnel cake. Takes a long time to kick in, but you get high for like 4-6hrs. I find the pharmacokinetics with oral ROA for cannabis is best for pain management use.

You can make multiple single servings at once too with a muffin tray which is cool. I never liked the concept of making one big batch of brownies or cannabutter -- mostly since you cant really accurately measure the dose. That's kinda important when used for medicinal needs and not getting high.

I wonder if bypassing first-pass metabolism via sublingual ROA could potentially cause you to miss out on certain cannabanoids being metabolized, especially that one (don't know what it is off the top of my head) I mentioned that's made much more potent when taken orally via decarboxylation.

NThere'd be second pass metabolism, likely creating these and more metabolites. Shouldn't be much of an issue, maybe some loss to alternate metabolic possesses. There's many cannabinoids in cannabis flower that it'll take decades to determine potency and effects of each alone. That'll be cool, demonstrate why synthetic THC (marinol) is lacking for most patients. We need the terpines and cannabioids that exist in the dozens (hundreds?) of varients in good flower.

Last edited: