• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

thc-free cbd to reduce the chance of a bad mushroom trip?

tazz20

Bluelighter
I've read that taking CBD for a mushroom trip can potentially reduce the effect of a bad trip. I suffer from anxiety but would like to try tripping during a time where my anxiety is low. I've read somewhere that cbd can help with that, however it's advised to choose cbd without thc. I realize most cbd products contain like 0.3% thc. I realize that is a very small dosage of thc so I'm not sure how much of an impact that will have? anyone here have any experience combining the two substances?

I actually have only ever taken one gram of shrooms and had a few beers a big meal and even smoked some weed prior to taking them. While I realize that 1g is not a big dose I'd imagine I would've been "hit" maybe just a little harder on an emptier stomach. so essentially I guess I already have some experience mixing thc and shrooms. I took the dose not long after I smoked and the next time I trip I am looking to increase the dose to at leat 1.5g and maybe eventually work my way up to 2g.

I will often read that mixing alcohol weed and mushrooms is a bad idea. However when I am at the very least tipsy anxiety at least temporarily goes away for me so I am often tempted to take shrooms when I am at least partially under the influence of booze lol

anyone have any experience mixing cbd or even a small amount of thc to ease any anxiety of a bad trip? I'd imagine a small amount of thc won't do much harm but the guidelines on dancesafe.org say to go completely thc free.

I realize we're all different. I've had occasions where thc(marijuana doses) would either increase or decrease anxiety. I've seen benzos reccomended to help trip anxiety but idk how I feel about that for obvious reasons. I was on ssri medication for many years but went off of it due to issues with sex drive and I also was curious about potential medicinal effects of psychedelics. However I realize I may want to go back on antidepressants but the idea of not being able to experience a trip is a bit of a bummer. I realize I need to set my priorities straight, however reading how psychedelics have helped people is intriguing.

Even a little of bit of THC added into the mushroom peak can very quickly intensify it. If your worried about anxiety just eat the mushrooms by themself they clear up anxiety by their own nature cannabis into a trip is usually what gives people bad trips but i ate 1.5 g of some potent shrooms and lit up a fat joint and i got scared for a hour i was tripping so hard but it calmed down again.

Working your up way each dose in the manner you are about to go is a very good and safe way to get adjusted to each level without diving deep head first.

Could work, but as others have stated, even tiny doses of THC when taking a psychedelic quite often can lead to 'bad trips'. A lot of people recommend a small dose of something like propranolol ( beta blockers) to ease the physical come-up anxiety, without cancelling out the effects of psychedelics. It will also help with the come-down if you get bad vasoconstriction after it's over. I always get terrible vasoconstriction from tryptamines. Thought it was maybe just the synthetics that caused it because I don't remember getting it from mushrooms in the past, I've recently tried them again though, and they cause just as bad physical side-effects.

-My recommendation is that you take 2.5mg-5mg of Diazepan one hour before the trip. Why? Well, benzodiazepines will help you with anxiety, vasocontriction, muscle tension ... Why diazepam? Because it is a long lasting benzo.

-4mg of Ondansetron for dizziness and nausea is probably a good solution. It has an affinity only for the receptors involved.

-Try to administer the substance through the rectum. You will need half the dose (look for a dosage table) and you will not experience as many undesirable side effects. Keep in mind that part of the body load is due to certain metabolites that are produced in the liver.

-YOu must practice fasting, I will never tire of repeating it. You want to have the body and the mind with the minimum work.

-Unlike what has been said here, I think that trips with synthetic substances are more pleasant, or at least it is easier to take the dose further.

-Leave the cannabinoids for the end of the trip. After much experimentation, it is my recommendation. You don't want to dirty the psychedelic state with anxiety and paranoia, it's not worth it. On the contrary, towards the end of the trip it can enhance and bring back some nice aspects of the trip.

so do all these cbd products technically have thc even if they read 0%? feel like I should avoid benzos

so do all these cbd products technically have thc even if they read 0%? feel like I should avoid benzos

I bought CBD from a reputable EBAY vendor.
I never felt any effect. I ended up giving away the jar.

I suppose there will be traces of THC, because separating 100% two practically identical cannabinoids is very difficult. I wouldn't worry about it.
It is not a highly regulated market, I don't know what kind of quality control these products pass, but I would look for a seller with a certain reputation.

Try to administer the substance through the rectum. You will need half the dose (look for a dosage table) and you will not experience as many undesirable side effects. Keep in mind that part of the body load is due to certain metabolites that are produced in the liver.

Put the acid up your asshole, what like cut the blotter in half and place it up the bum?

I also want to trip and not get anxiety as the twice I have tried acid I had a bad trip, so I only want to try half a blotter and see how I go

So all the anxiety and thought loops etc is mainly from eating it and it needed processed through the liver?

I peronally found CBD completely worhtless. It contained no thc but it didn't calm me down one bit. My anxiety issues must be more serious than this cbd bullshit, i swallowed the whole bottle (5%) and the feeling was barely anything more than a placebo.
A waste of my money but hey, if people think it has beneficial properties that make people legalise weed, sure, keep going. but it is no help for a mushroom trip. I took a bunch of bromazepam (12mg) when i found the 2c-b-fly a little to hectic and that helped. have you tried a serious meditation session before you try tripping? Remember that preperations are essential and the right mindstate aswell. Keep yourself healthy with enough to keep you busy. have fun.