• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

THC. Do some people just not get on with it ? ?

nuyorker

Greenlighter
I had to write this after having a proper 'spin out' on some hash cake last night. Let me explain.................

I'm starting the new year as I always do, by avoiding alcohol, and class A's (which I love, particuarly alcohol). As I always seem to crave some way of altering my perceptions, I decided to get me some hash. I've not smoked for many years (except sometimes after a hard class A session) as it makes my mind race and I find it makes me anxious. After doing some research, I came to the conclusion that I must have been smoking predominantly Sativa and that if I went for an nice Indica then I'd find myself relaxing and enjoying myself. Perfect alternative to drinking...........
As I don't want to smoke, I decided to make some edibles with my moroccan polm. I made some cannabutter and baked up some chocolate cake. I also bought some weed that was really high in CBD as that sounded perfect for me, no anxiety and none of the headfuck, I made some flapjack out of that.
So after a couple of nights getting a bit wasted on the tiniest bit of cake, I decided to eat a bigger amount last night, but to also eat a load of the CBD flapjack because I thought that would keep the headfuck away. BIG MISTAKE ! !
I started getting a bit wasted alot sooner than I had previously (within about 45 mins as opposed to about 90) and it kept coming and coming. In the end, I had to disappear off upstairs as there was no way I could hold it down in front of the wife or the kids. I lay in the bedroom getting more and more tripped out. I don't mind admitting it was a nightmare. I got a 5mg diazepam down my neck and hoped that would take the edge off. It didn't, so I had to take half a zopiclone (zimovane) as well. I gave that another half an hour and than took the other half, which after another half an hour or so thankfully started to make me a bit dozy.
The weird thing is, my neighbour has been eating big slices of the chocolate cake and loving it. I was in a state of tripping out on an amount smaller than he's been eating. I must add that he's a newbie to cannabis as well.
So, my question to all you experienced cannabis users is this...... Is it possible that some people just can't deal with cannabis ? ? ? I'm a bit gutted tbh as I was really hoping to swap drinking for eating cannabis. I will add that I'm a fairly hardened drinker, I do a bit of cocaine and smoke rocks occasionally (monthly or bi monthly). I've also done endless amounts of E's, a few trips here and there and magic mushrooms so I'm no drugs novice by any means.
Also, if anyones got any suggestions for other things I can do to hit a relaxed kind of high, then I'd be super interested. Don't suggest heroin though because I don't like it ! ! I can't quite bring myself to write cannabis off yet, I just can't be doing with the anxiety trip. HELP

it ain't for everyone

cannabis is a drug just like beer just like opiates

cannabis seems to have the fewest consequences with use compared to other drugs

but it's certainly not for everyone

i witnessed on two different occasions females having a psychotic episode due only to cannabis

no argument there fella !! As I write this, I'm slightly buzzing off the CBD flapjack which certainly isn't tripping me out like the indica cake did last night. That said, it's not really a relaxing, couch lock buzz so not ideal.
I'm so envious of people who get proper relaxed from it ;)

I drank a cannabis drink. The contents are: D9THC: 349mg, THC-A: 11mg, CBD: <5mg, CBN: 13.6mg, CBG: 14.6mg, CBC: 14.6
I got a really bad scary trip from it. I get quite relaxed off of incidia. But for some reason this drink freaked me out. I drank half the bottle before I felt anything. I probably just had too much.

You drank too much. You're clearly not THC tolerant so stop taking high doses of THC. Eventually you'll become tolerant but for now you'll continue freaking out if you continue eating high strength edibles. Honestly, I don't even know why you're eating so much. Didn't anyone tell you these are MULTIPLE doses?

For your consideration: The state of Colorado considers "1 dose" of edible cannabis 10MG OF THC.

I'm so sensitive to THC now that any amount is almost too much. Today I had a CBD capsule with less than 1% THC and I was uncomfortable, but once the peak settled I felt insightful and relaxed.

I'm naturally a heady person and so most of my lifestyle revolves around staying grounded. I find pot, no matter what the form, puts me in my head again. Sometimes it's useful but often it's too anxiety inducing. I have to be careful of anything that overstimulates me in general because it could put me out in orbit and then my day is fucked.

When I VERY first started it honestly wasn't my favorite. I would take one arrogant monstrous hit, and I would lay down feeling like I was about to die. I could feel every breath enter and leave my body like ice, time felt extremely slow, my head flet fuzzy/swimmy, and it flet scary to me. Then I would remind myself that no one has ever overdoses from smoking cannabis and it would calm me down.
I stopped smoking after maybe 3 times, put it down for a year, then tried again this time being more cautious.
I figured out food and giggling with friends is the bomb diggity. I fell in love instantly. Now, I smoke multiple times a day. It's by far my DOC.

You should really lower your dose and rethink your administration method. While edibles are the bees knees, they have a tendency to creep up on you. I prefer glass pieces. That way you can take a toke, sit for a few minutes, see how it affects you, and decide if you want more.

^^ this. I think you just need to try smoking a small bowl or even just a pinch and see how that goes at first. I've come to really enjoy the psychedelic aspect of weed but if you just want to relax try smoking a small bowl of kush.