• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

THC ceiling effect

mike.vick

Bluelighter
Anyone else notice the THC ceiling effects. After a certain amount there seem to be no returns. I'm guessing it has to do with the partial agonist effect similar to how the max dose of Bupeproprian your body can absorb is 32mg. Although, there is no research on this.
It seems the ceiling dose for THC is around 300mg THC oral or equivalent. After that there is no amount of THC you can take for additional effect.

Well during a smoke session one's tolerance is building rapidly. So the way to maximize the high is to smoke as much as you can as you begin smoking for the day.

Other than that idk of the ceiling effect. Unless I been smoking all day and at the end of the day I take another, I'll notice that it barely fazes me. This is due to tolerance built.

The first toke of the day is ussualy the best.
I've always been curious about thc ceiling effects. I pressume they are different for everyone

I know what your talking about....sounds silly but ive smoked so much in a day me and a friend and others that we smoked ourselfs sober.....ever heard of that? my big homie said nah man we just at the other level....but i try not to get smoked sober anymore....

Well during a smoke session one's tolerance is building rapidly. So the way to maximize the high is to smoke as much as you can as you begin smoking for the day.

Other than that idk of the ceiling effect. Unless I been smoking all day and at the end of the day I take another, I'll notice that it barely fazes me. This is due to tolerance built.

if you're trying to get high as possible, wake and bake is definitely the way to go. Ceiling will not be your limit, you will go much further.

the rest of the day the high seems to be lacking or tolerance is way higher for some reason. I like it best when I start slowly in the day and slowly progress from their. Finf myself getting muc higher off of much less weed.

I've got 6 weeks of holidays per year to deal with, and it's usually wake and bake, and then smoke once per hour for 16-18 hours until I crash. Usually after 6-8 hours it's maintaining and nothing more unless you throw some hash, shatter or oil into the mix and then you elevate for an hour or so. But it can be repeated day after day.

In my opinion though, nothing is better than a fresh hot cup of coffee, the news, video games and some weed. Of course until lunchtime and the pizza shows up.

Tom

Can you tell me where you heard/seen this? Id like to read more

I honestly can't get any higher once I've smoked a joint or two by myself.

Smoking after that, for me anyway, is pointless. I never get higher than that, so it'd just be a waste.

& I hate to waste anything so good (;

I feel this is true, at least for me. After smoking so much herb in a session/day I stop getting higher. I don't necessarily smoke my self sober though. I typically will have a heavy smoke session, then wait a few hours+ until I smoke again. This way the ceiling effect doesn't really come into play.

I completely agree, depending on how often I smoke throughout the day, how high I can get plateaus very quickly. I've had delightful success with mangoes and juices containing myrcene though. You should look it up some time ;D

Can you tell me where you heard/seen this? Id like to read more

I have never read anything but a BL comment saying that tolerance builds rapidly during a session. This is how it is for almost ALL drugs. There comes a point where getting higher is a task for tomorrow. Through my own experience I proved this to myself. I can smoke personal smokes, maybe like 3 and get high each time to a lesser degree but after that it will plateau out and smoking at that point becomes unnecessary as the other cannabinoids gain their full grip and counteract the "high" from the THC. And by that time you're already so tolerant to the THC you have to change your ROA to something like a bong, vape or switch to oils to gain a massive flood of THC again that will budge the tolerance and then send it up even higher.

I can smoke all day and come home and then smoke my vape and get high each time.

I completely agree, depending on how often I smoke throughout the day, how high I can get plateaus very quickly. I've had delightful success with mangoes and juices containing myrcene though. You should look it up some time ;D

I've been unbelievably curious about this. I've attempted ingesting large amounts of mango juice but Im unsure if it had much effect. Are fresh mangoes better? can you say.. dehydrate them to be able to ingest larger quantities of fruit (in turn, larger quantities of myrcene) or is this impossible/pointless?