• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

THC, CBN, AND CBD when Vaping? Can someone recommend a few products and educate me.

Leaf Breeze

Greenlighter
I'm wondering, when you vape do you get THC, CBD, AND CBN? Smoking mostly THC can make you paranoid and I'm wanting to know if I can get all these chemicals from flower herb when vaping from a small device (pen or small hand held vapor machine). I want to get all the medical goodies along with the high.

I'm also wanting to buy a vape pen or small vapor machine (hand held) that I can use around my house, but stay in the under 50 dollar range when I buy it. I've seen ALOT of products and I'm a bit over whelmed to be honest.

What are some universally known products that fit my cannibinoid requirement, and also fit my price range and size request. And what temperature is standard with that device overall with most customers.

I'm also wondering how you know when it's cashed (just by looking?) I've heard taste will tell you as well. Also, do you get more 'high' out of vaping? I heard it takes longer to get high with a vape pen, but does it take more bud? or does it just take more hits to get going? (like is a joint's worth gonna have the same effects as a joint's worth inside a vape pen for example)

Thank you SO MUCH guys. I'm completely lost in all the information.

Last edited:
oh shoot, haha I guess I'll have to wait a while. What are some good brands that are reasonable? Also you didn't answer my question about CBD and CBN.

Salutations Leaf Breeze,

Also you didn't answer my question about CBD and CBN.

Actually i believe i did but that part of my reply simply wasn't understood. All good things come in their own time anyway.

;)

What are some good brands that are reasonable?

M'well, lets begin with the tag-price. Fifty bucks may sound OKay for an e-Cig though i can't realistically promote similar avenues...

Even trippling the amount would still sound too restrictive, not to mention it's not about money but function meeting expectations. Throwing bunches of cash at the problem may still fail if your choice is a carbon-copy of total strangers you know little about except for their reputation. If you had asked me which brand/model i'd want to evaluate next then i'd want to reply anything with Inlet Self-Conditioning integrated in a portable.

%)

For all i know so far, the VapoCane supports 2 modes and 1 of those happens to belong to this category i just mentioned (refering to my own terminology again). Additionally, i suspect the VapMan may support that same mode although i never got further details allowing me to clear the matter. Which somehow makes me think of the NimBinVap and Triihouse products as they sure look like that's at least an option with them.

:?

Once again, personnally, i face no restrictive temperature limit with my user-customized VG pipe; it even paved the way to some dab-like tokes that were serious enough to recommend having a friend present and/or a good chair... But that's a lot more than 50 $ because it requires tools, time & effort as the manufacturer can't be expected to support voiding their warranty with user-moddifications as radical as mine.

In any case i can't use electric-dry devices so it's simply impossible for me to recommend you the usual popular candidates: they just don't offer what i require.

By chance your mileage may vary. Good day, have fun!! =D

I haven't had any luck with cheaper models of vape pens, the better ones will work for a few months before breaking or crapping out. If you are a relatively light user, then a lower grade pen will last you quite some time. My buddy gave me his old pen that he had for a year or more and I burned it up in a matter of months. How much you are using it will really effect the life.

Out of all the pens I've used, I only really like 2 of them. They were both over 100 bucks but bellow 200. IMO, worth the extra money because of how much more use I have gotten out of them. Most pens are made so that you can swap out the tip, the part that holds the oil. The tips are usually fairly inexpensive but can add up, in the $5-30 price range. If cleaned and cared for they will last some time but can get dirty very quick. The battery pack and charger are the heart of the pen. This is not something I would cheap out on because I've had so many break a month into use or less where as I've had good pens for over a year and it still kicks.

Shop around, go to a few different head shops and ask what pen they would recommend.

OH and if you don't already know, they make vape pens for flower and vape pens for oil. Most won't do both. Vape pens for flower are usually a bit pricier.

I have had the best experience with the vaped brand pen and the wickless carts that wrap the coil around a ceramic bar that acts as a heat buffer vs hash soaker making burning the hash in the pen hard. This is a concentrate only solution that does not have variable temps. For prefilled carts get a pull n puff vs button activation pen as they have a lower temp output generally.

Look into Pax or firefly for a cheaper portable vapor device for flower although those just use a heated chamber vs pulling heated air through a chamber of loaded herb and is a bit more expensive as well as not very precise in temps. I remember an ad in a cannabis mag recently, but forgot it yet will post it if I find it.

I recommend getting a CBD tincture from cannibis or hemp to use to counteract the anxiety from excess THC as THC releases compounds from storage while CBD recollects them to storage.

Vaping I find does not compare to smoking as it does not easily get a heavy concentration of active compounds unless you're vaping tricomb glistiening resin soaked buds the vape clouds do not get thich enough for an overwhelming hit like a fat rip. I have had good rips loading shatter into the vaped cart.

Ediy: The Atmos Transporter has a ceramic element and meant to vape flower. A bit more expensive is the armos astra.

The davinci ascent is closer to 250, but the best portable flower and concentrate vape. I would highly recommend it.

Last edited:
Haha, thanks for the long reply. I guess I'll have to save up a bunch more and do some good research. I'm just getting done with a temp job, that's why I'm so stingy hahaha. But soon I'll have a full time job again. I got laid off for a while because the company I was working for failed HARD. haha. Anyway, I'm more excited than ever :D Happy days and high times. Thanks for your time dude.

Leaf Breeze, are you looking for something strictly to vape flower herbs? If you would want to vape wax, you could look into the Atmos Kiln, and could get just about any mod (the box/battery part or the vape) that would support the resistance of the Kiln. The Atmos site could give you an idea of the mod you could get for it, I believe they have them on there. They recommend a couple for it on the product page. If not there are various vape sites that you could browse reasonably priced mods. The Kiln run around 40 dollars and you could even catch the sale if you got there before the end of October ;) you'd only need about 10-20 watts to use it, or on a temp. control, 300-400 degrees. A mod with the those specs would be quite cheap. As for the effects as apposed to smoking regularly, it depends on if you got a vape that actually vaporized the herb. Many of pens that I've come across just combust it so it's similar to smoking just little at a time because of the amount that fits in them. Using wax would avoid that, because it's concentrated.. Blah blah, I'm sure you know that. Hope I could help. Good luck and happy vaping :)

Hi, I paid a bit more for my portable vaporiser, bit over 200 I think, but it's been really good. It's an Arizer Solo. It's rechargeable and does a great job. They also have a newer model called an Arizer air. Check them out on youtube, tons of reviews on there.

As for the cbd/thc etc I never know what I am getting (or have got) not even the strain name but that's the way of the blackmarket hey.

It only fits .1 of a gram in the dry herb chamber? No thanks. My solo I put about .6 in each session and it lasts 15 minutes or more depending on the buds.

The idea of only being able to put in .1 into it seems rather silly to me, that shit wouldn't last very long or do much for me.

It only fits .1 of a gram in the dry herb chamber? No thanks. My solo I put about .6 in each session and it lasts 15 minutes or more depending on the buds.

The idea of only being able to put in .1 into it seems rather silly to me, that shit wouldn't last very long or do much for me.

I saw that one, It was one im considering...after doing more research I'm really considering the solo. Have you had any problems with it? I just wanna use it around the house.

I've had my solo a few years now and nothing has gone wrong with it. I bought some accessories for it when I got it, the vape case (hard case with foam inside and air tight seal) I also bought a car charger. The glass stems are probably the easiest thing to break but so far mine have escaped damage.

Have you been to fuck combustion? (google it) it's all about vapes and vaping, it might mention the pen you are also interested in. But some users on there were saying the newer Arizer Air is slightly better than the solo, but I havent tried the air yet as I dont need to, the solo does the job for me.

I mainly use my solo around the house as well, but being portable makes it easy to use anywhere, I've taken it away on holidays with me and I also use it out in my back yard a fair bit.

The unit would probably break if dropped from a height onto concrete but so would alot of them. If you do get one dont over charge it too much or the battery loses it's life faster. You can use it whilst it's plugged into the power tho.

There's a huge thread on them over at fuck combustion, along with just about every other well known vape.

You can also get all sorts of attachments for the solo, check the thread to see some of them, like a water attachment and probably wax or oil ones too, but I just use it as is with buds (I chop them up a bit first).

I found a dealer selling his 30 bucks less than most, so I'll probably just get his. From what I've read, the Air is only better in that, it's easier to change the battery and the battery life is longer, and seeing as though I only smoke like once every couple months, wont be a problem for me.

Also the Air has only 5 temp settings, and the solo has 7. Not a big deal, but I'm mostly going with saving a bit, for what people are saying is basically the same thing.