❤️ Welcome Guest! ❤️

Posting Guidelines Bluelight Rules
  • SLR Moderators: axe battler | xtcgrrrl | arrall

That's Not His Name

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikumiku

Ex-Bluelighter
Last year, my Boyfriend and I stopped by one of my friends houses, and they met him for the first time in July and then the second time in December. Both times my friends kept calling him Michael instead of his real name Brian. So my Boyfriend didn't like this and felt that me and my friends were being rude, and they should have known who he was. To me, it didn't bother me at all, they just mistaken his name no big deal but it was a big deal to him. So I am left with asking, what should I do, if other friends of mine, that I introduce my Boyfriend too, make this mistake and this whole thing happens again? What would you do?

It may raise alarm bells for him because he could be thinking "is Michael her other/ex boyfriend's name?"

If I was with my girl at her friends' house and they were all calling me some other dudes name, I would correct them.

The real question is: why didn't YOU correct your friend(s)?

Last edited:
seriously? how hard is it to just correct them and say "actually, his name is brian. thanks"?

alasdair

He did the correcting himself, but next time we go see these friends of mine, not sure if they will remember his name since I only see them once a year.

Last year, my Boyfriend and I stopped by one of my friends houses, and they met him for the first time in July and then the second time in December. Both times my friends kept calling him Michael instead of his real name Brian.
He did the correcting himself, but next time we go see these friends of mine, not sure if they will remember his name since I only see them once a year.
Sounds like you already broke the "once a year" record last year.

Seriously?
I would've picked you as a lot younger.

I agree. According to this thread and mikumiku's other threads there seems to be a lot of needless drama manipulation and games being played. Just my two cents

To me, it didn't bother me at all, they just mistaken his name no big deal but it was a big deal to him.
Alright... why exactly do your feelings on this subject matter?

Like, if I'm at a bar at someone calls the guy next to me Dave when is name is Frank, why would I be offended?

Well I told my Boyfriend sorry it happened and will talk to those friends more and bring up his name more so they know who he is.

sounds like the beginning of a Seinfeld episode or something.

also, he gets called by a wrong name the entire evening and neither him nor you correct it? lol

I think they were just purposely fucking with him because they thought it was funny. Brian doesnt even sound like michael.

Status
Not open for further replies.