Site Feedback thanks for deleting a good thread

red22

Bluelighter
This quote comes from one of the most intriguing anticholinergic (e.g. datura) trip reports I've ever come across. I had it saved to my computer but I lost it in a hard drive failure. I had copied and pasted this one selection to another message board, so I still have this one selection.

i can see these people appear and have conversations sometimes with me too, sometimes this girls face appeared close to my face, she was hot
i kept making out with her but then she would vanish and come back later and make out, felt so real.

http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/threads/620196-(Scopolamine-aka-Hyoscine-Hydrobromide-1.5mg)

The reason I find it to be so intriguing is because of the sexual item. I've also come across evidence that the chemicals in datura can boost the sex drive:

“In magical beliefs, the thorn apple is used as an agent for producing ecstasy. For example, the priests of the sun temple in the Peruvian city of Sagomozzo would chew the seeds of this plant in order to achieve the inspiration that was the prerequisite for divination. Thorn apple extracts play an enormous role both in witches’ ointments and in narcotic magical incenses. It is generally known that the so-called asthma cigarettes have stramonium as an additive even today. Various people have told us that those in the know smoke these asthma cigarettes because they allegedly stimulate the sex drive.”

Hirschfeld, Magnus and Richard Linsert. 1930. Liebesmittel [love agents]. Berlin: Man Verlag. p. 175

"The skin acquired an unimagined sensitivity. A simple, light caress became a tender, fulfilling experience. The blood collected in our lower abdomens so quickly that it demanded we join. The normal sexual functions were extremely heightened. Every form of erotic exchange and sexual activity had a special deliciousness. The time to orgasm was much longer, and the orgasm itself appeared to last for minutes. During the phase of sexual activity, we were both pleasantly free of thoughts, uninhibited, and very much focused on the moment. The effects lasted the entire night, so that there were many couplings. The next morning, after a short sleep with erotic dreams (!), we awoke with a clear consciousness, a very pleasurable warm sensation in the body, a still overly senstive skin, and a dry throat."

Rätsch, Christian, and Heinz Jürgen Probst. 1985. Xtohk’uh: Zur Ethnobotanik der Datura-Arten bei den Maya in Yucatan. Ethnologia Americana 21 (2), Nr. 109:1137–40.

The above report describes the effects of four leaves of Datura inoxia smoked together by one couple.

Here's a statement by Asante that says datura can be used as an aphrodisiac. This comment was posted on The Shroomery and the subsequent discussion is via private messages. Date: 2/26/13

Hyoscyamine, but not scopolamine, rubs your Dopamine receptors just right for sexual frenzy. It has to be felt to be believed.
3 Datura stramonium seeds make me go off like a rocket.

[I asked Asante for the source of his statement.]

Source is direct experience. Its freakin unbelievable :)

Have you compared isolated hyoscyamine to isolated scopolamine?

Not directly, but Datura stramonioum is almost pure hyoscyamine, especially in the mature leaves.

So can you get this effect from a sub-hallucinatory dose? If so, will there be mild visual distortions? Is it similar to amphetamines? I get a potent libido boost from amphetamines. The pepped up feeling, of course, plus a whirring of my brain's sexual motor.

I bought scopolamine pills from Britain and took as high as 600 mcg, I believe, and didn't feel shit.
[shrug]

Definitely a subhallucinogenic amount. Of Datura stramonium seeds, three seeds is all it takes. (about 0.3mg hyoscyamine)

So why'd you guys have to delete a unique thread?

Nice report that portrays the disparity between anticholinergic experiences (e.g. going from delerium to spiritual experiences):

I've done datura 4 times. And will not do it again, for a long long while - if ever.

It is the ONLY substance i've had a bad trip on.

It was freezing cold, at night, on a deserted beach.
I remember feeling I was in the desert in the blazing heat of the sun. It was light all around me. I was stumbling around in my underwear. I couldn't see my friends - I had no idea I has even been with anyone at all. My memory was swiped, and I was an entirely new person. I headed towards the water because to me, it was like an oasis. One of my sober friends ran after me, and grabbed me to keep me from wading into the rough west coast sea. I thought he was a vulture, his claws digging into me - and I felt like my torso and legs were gushing with blood. I was stricken with fear. Absolutely stricken.

On a brighter note, I also had a glorious trip - where I was looking at the world. There was complete darkness around me, and I could see the entire globe, spinning before me - as if I was viewing it from space. I saw giant rainbows, and doves, circling the world. Gorgeous technicolour patterns flowed from certain points of the darkness. I can't explain how incredible it was... It felt like another dimension.

Datura is not a drug. It transports you to an entirely different place. It is far above me, and far bigger than me. Datura demands respect. She's a beautiful, but unforgiving entity - and she will fuck you up if you fuck with her.

20-05-2009 - cosmicfrequency - The Big & Dandy Datura Thread

Last edited:
KoOxFNt.png

which specific link on which specific page are you clicking when you see that error?

alasdair

that's because it was deleted! Oopsy! To us mods a deleted and a non-deleted thread appears quite similar, I hope you'll excuse the error.

I restored it.

sekio

the thread was deleted by the thread author. not the bl staff. but thanks for just assuming it was us :)

alasdair