Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Testing

infinitelov

Greenlighter
Hey everyone,

Does anyone know any way to test specifically for LSD on blotter? I know that reagent tests test for indoles including LSD but I cant seem to find a way to identify the chemical specifically. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!

No, it would take like a GC/MS which is expensive analysis with equipment.

Maybe theoretically antibody tests would be possible but that is not an option for at home at present time either afaik.

Ehrlich's is what you describe: it tests positive for indoles but that would also include 5-MeO-aMT or a random indole people might add to say 25I-NBOMe in order to make it show false positive with Ehrlich's. The way to help with that may be to also add Marquis test so that you could see if that is consistent with LSD as well rather than with phens present or other fakeness. Combining Ehrlich's with Marquis (not in the same assay!) is probably closest you will get.

Unfortunately even that wouldn't help to differentiate LSD from other lysergamides like AL-LAD, LSZ etc... for this you need a lab meaning at least something like the GC/MS. The compounds are just too much alike, and the colors the reagents will show as well. It would take very specific testing chems like maybe antibodies, to check those specific differences. LSD antibody for ELISA test exists, but to be perfectly honest I don't even know how it would respond to AL-LAD or LSZ.

Thank you so much, this is of great help. It's unfortunate that without the GCMS there's no true way to tell if I've been duped by something like 5-MeO-aMT. Legitimately considering investing in the equipment!

Thanks again

Last edited: