• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Heroin Testing positive after 10 days

Bellapuppy83

Greenlighter
I go to a methadone clinic and had a recent relapse of using heroin 2 days in a row. 10 days later I tested positive for it at the clinic. I’ve had this happen once before. Most people have it out of their system in 3 days. I don’t understand how this is possible. Any have any ideas?

Individual metabolism combined with the fact that narcotics tend to slow metabolism could account for it. I am thinking that the confirmation they would have done to figure out whether what was taken was morphine, poppy seeds, or heroin (acetylcodeine) is most likely because the cutoff level is so low.

Did they say what exactly they found? Such as finding morphine metabolites and then confirming heroin by doing GC/MS to look for acetylcodeine (which has a cutoff of 10 ng/ml rather than the 2000 ng for morphine metabolites) and noscapine or papaverine to vouchsafe it?

They just do a typical panel test and said it was positive for opiates. That’s the only opiate I’ve used in years.

I find this to be true at probation too..sometimes I will fail and I know I gave myself a long enough window it just doesn't make sense sometimes.for instance I stopped smoking weed and literally I watched my levels go up three weeks in a row I knew they're about to violate me and finally the fourth week it went down and I passed I was so panicked! ..I have also taken Roxy and it been out in 3 days and then I was taking it and it show up five days later I'm healthy and then I just don't know! Weird