• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Test Kit Storage

pastasweatshirt

Greenlighter
Not sure if this is the right forum to post this in, but I couldn't find the answer. I'm getting an MDMA test kit for the first time and was wondering if it needs to be kept out of the heat or anything. I'm concerned about it being left on my porch in the heat.

Not sure if this is the right forum to post this in, but I couldn't find the answer. I'm getting an MDMA test kit for the first time and was wondering if it needs to be kept out of the heat or anything. I'm concerned about it being left on my porch in the heat.
Indeed. You should keep it dark and cool. If it's properly sealed, preferably in the fridge. And even then it will go bad over time. It does differ between the different forms these testkits come in, the multi-use ones that come in a glass bottle with a screw cap will go bad faster than for instance the eztest single use ampules that are sealed until use and contain the reagent in gel form in stead of a regular liquid. I noticed in case of my multi-use testkit, it remained good to use for about 1 to 1,5 years in the fridge but went bad much, much faster at high temperatures and/or with sunlight. You can test if it's still good either by testing some drugs in your possession that you know to be good, or by using aspirin or sugar, which also should produce their own test result colors. Generally when the testkit is going bad, I noticed the reaction happens slower and the final color appears more dilute

Here is a handy chart, check the last two lines

72WSLBH.jpg

I take my out to festivals where there’s periodically hot cars, hot tents and hot backpacks as the storage. They survive. I even had some stored in my garage as a younger guy but would not recommend. Stored properly I use mine for couple years, usually 2-3.

-GC