• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Test kit question

Tpchan85

Bluelighter
I have a question about test kits. If you test pure MDMA with marquis reagent it goes deep black. If you test methylone and other RCs they tend to turn yellow / green. What happens if you test MDMA cut say 50/50 with an RC? In other words a purple to black result is that an indicator that there is just some amount of MDMA present or that it is overwhelmingly MDMA present?

I'm not sure 100% if this is how it works, but you'd presume that if say marquis goes purple then it's cause the sample is predominantly MDxx, and that if it was say a weak purple with hints of yellow you'd maybe assume that that sample was more likely to be mdxx+methylone mixed than say a sample that went very deep black. It's not an exact science unfortunately and this area is where test kits fail somewhat, but in my experience I can say that when a purer material was used (I subsequently have had some samples analysed at a lab), that a darker, faster reaction occurred with more fizzing/smoke. Though bare in mind that samples that reacted slower and less violently still contained only MDMA, just at a lower purity

I think this is why it's recommended to use marquis, Mecke, Mandelin and Simons in conjunction to give a more accurate sign of what the sample may contain

This is one of the downfalls of the kit but, here's how I go about determining what's in my reactions.
1. Try to test on a white plastic spoon.
2. Use the whole kit not just a marquis.
3. Watch the initial flash of color very closely until puddle is fully reacted.
4 check the outer ring of the puddle. 5.This is when spoons come in handy swirl it around a little then look at the spoon.
if I'm not 100 with the colors I'll pass. This method kept me good for awhile now just make sure your kit isn't expired.