• 🇺🇸󠁿 🇧🇷 🇨🇦 🇦🇷 🇲🇽 🇹🇹 🇨🇺
    The Americas
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • NSADD Moderators: deficiT | Jen

Opioids Terrible Times

Absolutely no choice. Been trying local clinics but they have no give due to me being on a split dose. Simple, quick answers, maybe a sorry, and have a nice day lol
My councilor said just do what you have to do and assured me I’ll be ok back home, but in the mean time…. Im so exhausted.

You didn't maybe pick up on the fact that your councilor was suggesting you get methadone (or whatever) from SOMEWHERE? I've had this. I cannot manage bup - I get such severe anxiety that I don't sleep... and have seizures. Plus I just did NOT need 16mg OR to be told I had to take it all at once.

So I got a pill cutter and just took 2mg TID.

But all with nod and wink by councilor. Often THEY know the system sucks.... so I presume assurance was 'I won't do urine test'. But I don't know them.

@RedRum OG what’s your dose ? And how far away is your clinic? How do you get there and what time do you go? Just curious thanks

It has all changed many times over the years. I used to drive 75 miles each direction from my university to the twin cities to get my 120mg daily. These days I have moved back to the cities, and the drive is short, like 15min. I usually go as soon as my place opens in the morning at 6 because I'm usually up at 4 pretty sick

It has all changed many times over the years. I used to drive 75 miles each direction from my university to the twin cities to get my 120mg daily. These days I have moved back to the cities, and the drive is short, like 15min. I usually go as soon as my place opens in the morning at 6 because I'm usually up at 4 pretty sick

Dude how?!? I never can understand how people do that daily. It blew my mind even if it’s 5min away. Do you still do daily?

I liked methadone better but bupe just works better for me logistically. I also feel bupe being less euphoric has saved me as well, easier to taper.

-GC

Man 75 miles! And damn dude if you wake up sick still at 4 am at 120 mgs that scares me man… I just got bumped up to 110 mgs today from 105 mgs I woke up at 3:20 am like you do. Isn’t the whole point to feel fine 24 hours? Have you ever felt well for that long? And do you get high when you dose in the morning or just feel normal for 8-12 hours?

Dude how?!? I never can understand how people do that daily. It blew my mind even if it’s 5min away. Do you still do daily?

I liked methadone better but bupe just works better for me logistically. I also feel bupe being less euphoric has saved me as well, easier to taper.

-GC

Withdrawal. I had a big boy habit at the time. Bupe wasn't enough. That was the closest one that was taking new patients.

And no, I have it much easier now thank goodness

Man 75 miles! And damn dude if you wake up sick still at 4 am at 120 mgs that scares me man… I just got bumped up to 110 mgs today from 105 mgs I woke up at 3:20 am like you do. Isn’t the whole point to feel fine 24 hours? Have you ever felt well for that long? And do you get high when you dose in the morning or just feel normal for 8-12 hours?

I think it’s BS when they say methadone will hold you 24hrs. Every methadone patient I’ve known is always in WD by the time they get to the clinic. Another reason I went bupe, I need a sustained lifestyle not up and down. I need to feel as normal as possible. Be prepared to wake up early, then pass out after your dose a couple hours. Super functional ;)

Idk I feel the whole methadone program is a joke. If people could dose just twice a day it would work so much better.

-GC

Everyone is different. Very long story short, I'm an outlier in multiple ways, physically. It wouldn't last 24 hours if I took 240mg. I wouldn't expect that to apply to you, though. Plenty of people do fine. I don't get high in the morning, if anything it's a little stimulating and weird. Then again, I've been on for over 10 years, so again, not quite the same situation, and i wouldn't worry too much about it applying to you

People given methadone chronically metabolise it faster - so it's USUAL for it not to last 24 hours.

While we are at it, oral bioavailability is 42%-73% which is a range that would prevent any new medicine from being licenced.

I think the theory is that even at a fixed-dose, it's action will decrease over time. So 'methadone maintenance is a lie.' You may as well decrease because to stand still would require increasing doses.

Don't US treatment centres go as high as 32mg of buprenorphine a day? That will be painful - but if you need 100+ mg of methadone to be 'well' for 12 hours, it's hurting anyway, isn't it. Their IS no easy escape route. I'm not blaming anyone or seeing it as a moral failing - but the other (and I have to say OBVIOUS) treatment is how it used to work in Mexico. They just gave hypes morphine. A whole months-worth of it.

Everyone is different. Very long story short, I'm an outlier in multiple ways, physically. It wouldn't last 24 hours if I took 240mg. I wouldn't expect that to apply to you, though. Plenty of people do fine. I don't get high in the morning, if anything it's a little stimulating and weird. Then again, I've been on for over 10 years, so again, not quite the same situation, and i wouldn't worry too much about it applying to you
I hope not man. You sound exactly like me actually. I have a ridiculous tolerance because of benzos, gabapentin, clonidine, somas, tizanidine, and 3 pack (3grams fentanyl) a day I’ve been on methadone 2 months I’ve never felt 100% a single time yet and it worries me…

I can’t keep sitting around the apartment watching the days pass. I have to start working I have no money for bills left. I hope take homes make some sort of mental relief. I’m going to keep increasing the dose as much as the clinic lets me idgaf

Well - your funeral. I knew a guy with a 20 minute fentanyl habit (redose every 20 minutes) and NO dose of methadone worked. Not a surprise since fentanyl binds at an extra site (as does bupe).

But it's GOT to be cheaper. The path you go down is a dead end. Who knows if your methadone will be cut overnight? What's the plan?

If you can get codeine - it's possible to make PURE desomorphine (don't use P4!) but that's worse.

So either lose ALL your assets and THEN panic - work out a plan.

None are nice - but nobody arrives at 100+ methadone a day unknowingly.

BTW the guy with the 20 minute habit got a bunch of MXE and after a line, he had someone give nasal naloxone. He did it for a month and it helped a lot.

What is MXE? And why would my methadone be cut… lol

What extra site does fent bind to?

The N-arylethyl moiety. A few other compounds also bind such as phenopridine, R-4066, BDPC (& C8813) & etorphine analogues. Possibly azaprocin, but that lacks one of the 4 usual sites.

That is why they are all so potent. Buprenorphine also does, which is why it has advantages when treating fentanyl dependence.

Bro no one is making pure desomorphine from codiene. You’re talking to a Belarusian/Russian immigrant. Still haven’t explained what receptor site fent binds to. Also, bupe is literally the worst for fent. Just because drugs bind in similar sites doesn’t mean they are better used for treatment, in fact you’d want to activate less sites and worry more about symptom control. Bupe was exactly what didn’t work for fent with me. I tried 32 mgs inducted 3 weeks after quitting still felt awful. A full agonist is a full agonist I don’t care about bupe and kappa

If you got a big boy habit then yeah you're always going to have a horrible few months in the middle before the methadone dose gets high enough.

Idk if you're familiar with manipulating liver enzymes to get a longer half life out of opiates (GFJ, tagamet) but that's an option (to use very carefully)

Good luck out there my dude. How goes it?

Bro no one is making pure desomorphine from codiene. You’re talking to a Belarusian/Russian immigrant.

Anyone can make pure desomorphine. The fact most people don't is down to expedience. A simple A/B was removes the junk. I would certainly not use RP. People using that route end up breathing in phosphine gas.