• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Terrible experience after taking a valium before bed

Gothicgirl

Greenlighter
I'm so scared... I pray it's a dream but, I don't think it was... so, I took a TEVA 3927 blue pill. Right before going to bed because, I was stressing out and full of anxiety. Well it worked and I decided to go to bed even though I did take a 4 hour nap earlier. (I've been sleeping a lot lately for whatever reason) well all went well I fell asleep peacefully at 1am. Well I just woke up at about 3am... but what woke me up was very scary. When I was asleep I became conscious and I felt like I was falling too deep into sleep. My face was tingling but, I couldn't open my eyes no matter what. I started to panic. I stuck out my tongue to see if I could move it and I could. Then i put my right arm to my face and tried opening my eye lids but, it wouldn't work. I finally got myself awake after a few minutes. I feel disoriented and light headed. (Also I had this happen again but, earlier and I made myself get up faster but, turn to another side and fell back to sleep then it happened again and it's what I just described.) No I am not prescribed valium and yes I have took it before. This is my third time taking one. I took a whole one yesterday but, it was like at 3pm and everything went fine. Anyways, please please please forgive me for all the spelling and grammar mistakes. It's hard to type this on my phone because, I'm panicking and I'm so confused and lost and keep losing my thoughts... help... am I dying? Did I almost die? Was this like some sort of sleep paralysis? Did I get too relaxed? What happened, somebody explain? I'm so lost..

Oh and also I've slept on Xanax a few times before (almost a whole bar) and I didn't have this issue.

Definitely sounds like sleep paralysis. It may or may not be linked to the Valium, but probably is. it is absolutely terrifying when this happens, I've never been unable to open my eyes, but I've had it happen a few times. I don't think it was due to benzos with me, I can't remember if I was using them at the time. Try not to worry about it and if it happens more often with your benzo use, it may be worth stopping.

I got sleep paralysis multiple times on benzos. One times I took hundreds of milligrams of xanax to try and avoid fentanyl withdrawal. I remember waking up but I could not move any part of me. I thought I was surrounded by people. I tried screaming. I tried desperately to move around but I could not. Then I fell back asleep for a couple more days. It was terrifying.

It happened a couple more times when I took more traditional dosages. googled sleep paralysis as a side effect and sure enough, it was.