• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Temporary dysphoria during come-up

TageMyBoy

Bluelighter
Not too long ago a friend of mine took some molly. He took half the dose and then thirty minutes later took the other half dose. There's a good chance this molly was not actual mdma but rather a similar chemical. Anyways, about an hour after taking the first dose, during the come-up, he reports that he started feeling progressively more and more euphoric until all of a sudden he felt comedown-like emotions for about 30 seconds. A kind of general dysphoric feeling. However, the feeling soon passed and he returned to the basic come up where he continued to have a very enjoyable roll and a good night.I was just wondering if this has occurred to anyone else and if they knew exactly why. Not a big deal really, just thought it was an interesting occurrence.

short peroids of dysphoria aren't uncommon on the comeup. we often hear from people who take too much and become anxious or overwhelmed for a few minutes, but i also know (from dosing too low and spacing the individual doses rather far apart) that you can be stuck in the middle between sober and rolling for some time with some of the stimulating and physical side effects but a bit of dysphoria rather than euphoria. and i'd suspect that that's the case here, even though i find it surprising that your friend felt like that when the doses were only 30 minutes apart (i only know that from doing halves every 45-60min), but then again it only lasted a couple of seconds for your friend and not 15-20 minutes (until you start to feel the second dose).

I definitely get it now and then. Nothing I care about since it passes and the roll takes over :)