• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

temperatures of medications specifically morphine

BenzOpiophile

Greenlighter
Hello blue light, I have what I thought is an interesting question. Where I live gets extremely cold in the winter. Most nights it will get under 20 degrees. One day I was hanging out with a friend and I had some instant release morphine pills that were 15 milligrams. I'm an IV user I decided to try and draw back one of these pills in a syringe. I was unsuccessful at finding a vein after a long binge and my friend advise me to put the shot away and save it for later. To make a long story short I left town for a weekend and left the syringe in my car. And as I stated above it gets below 20 degrees every night. I have always red on the pill bottle labels that you should store medication at a certain temperature. My question is is there any active ingredients left in the syringe or is it possible that the extremely cold temperatures could have ruined these active ingredients. It was only it 3 days . I basically want to know if I put this in my arm will it be a waste of my time or is there a chance any active ingredients are left. If the answer is no and there are not any active ingredients left in this solution what exactly is the temperature that morphine and even other drugs now that I'm curious about it would lose active ingredients.

The cold temperatures really shouldn't effect that chemical composition of the Morphine. It's actually common to store bottles of liquid Morphine/Laudanum/Paregoric in a freezer or refrigerator to maintain the quality of the product before sale. I'd like to here from someone with more knowledge on the subject though, specifically, would there be any serious degradation of the Morphine just from being in solution, as opposed to being in the cold?

Well I guess there's only one way to find out. I have the solution in a syringe right now that's been sitting in 20 degrees for 3 days. The warmest it got was maybe High 30s. Definitely probably enough to freeze this solution. But hey it won't kill me I'll go ahead and give it a shot (HAHA LITERALLY) sorry bad joke.

^Yes, a terrible joke indeed. I'm afraid that joke falling flat has earned you an infraction... In all seriousness, I really think it's fine and probably didn't degrade at all.

^lol my bad just tryin to add some humor to what most would think is a dull topic. Anyways. Tried it. Definitely some active ingredients in there. But still with you on wanting to know from someone with further knowledge.