• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Temazepam or alprazolam

Fentanylbliss

Bluelighter
My doctor has given me the choice of 60-90mg of Temazepam or 2mg of alprazolam to take at night and I was just wondering which one to start taking. So basically what I'm asking is that if your doctor gave you a choice of one or the other which one would you go for?

FentanylBliss out

Xanax is more of an anxiolytic benzo, meaning it's better for reducing anxiety, calming you from panic attacks and everything related in that nature. Temazepam is a hypnotic benzo, which means it's more for sedation and bedtime. So it's really your personal choice on what you think you need it the most for.

I've never been on Temazepam, just Alprazolam, 1mg twice a day. It worked wonders for my agoraphobia. I found that I could actually leave my house after I took the meds. One time I tried to use it recreationally and ended up passing out, so I don't recommend it for those purposes unless you have a moderate tolerance.

Isn't 0.5mg of Xanax supposed to equal 30mg of Temazepam? So 2mg would put you at 120mg of the latter. I don't know, IMO I'd take the Xanax.

I'd go with the temazepam first as it tends to have a nice little euphoria attached to it compared to other benzos if you want a nice little bonus. That's a decent dose too. Both would probably do the trick especially if you toss 25-50mg of Benadryl into the mix.

i thought the highest dose prescribed was 30mg im gonna have a talk with my doc. anyway go for the temazepam but try the lowest dose first then you have "extras"

i thought the highest dose prescribed was 30mg im gonna have a talk with my doc. anyway go for the temazepam but try the lowest dose first then you have "extras"

The highest dose is 30mg for Temazepam, you're correct. I'm sure the OPs doc would've prescribed them to take "2 or 3 capsules at night" not all in one pill.

well ill have to bring this up next appointment as 30mg only allows me an 8 hour sleep if i have 6-8oz of vodka with it. ill leave out the vodka part and just say im not getting the sleep i used to. he did mention "if someone were to take 60mgs they would be sleeping most of the day" another thing he said in our appointment "they re is no max dose of restoril" he contradicts himself sometimes. anyway to the OP GO FOR THE TEMAZEPAM as i would kill to be offered a dose that high.

I've been on about 8-10 different benzodiazepines at one point or another, not including z-drugs, including temazepam, and I've never gotten any sort of euphoria from any of them. Nothing that even remotely compares to heroin, meth, or even mediocre cocaine. If anything they induce the opposite of a euphoric rush.

But anyway. Temazepam is a good choice for insomnia, it's a decent hypnotic. But alprazolam is a more versatile drug...it'll settle you out at night but it's also good during the day. I'd probably choose alprazolam...my insomnia is primarily a factor of my anxiety, though, so a primarily anxiolytic benzodiazepine would work well for me (I've been prescribed Xanax before, currently on Ambien though)

Honestly, if I were you, I would talk to your doctor about how your insomnia affects your daytime anxiety.
After speaking about my insomnia problem with numerous doctors, I finally found a doctor (after about 4 doctors and 12 months of searching) who
would script me ambien, but it was only 5mg/day. After about 6 months, I got that increased to the standard 10mg/day.
Then, one day, I brought up how my anxiety and insomnia correlate, and yadda yadda yadda, I also got 1mg klonopin/day.
If you legitimately have these problems, then it's not hard to get the scripts from a doctor.
The issues arise when you are "pretending" to have these problems, and at that point, you are just playing an act that is hard to believe.
Don't even act like you're trying to convince your doctor, because you legitimately have these problems.
Just tell him what the problem is and what you are comfortable/uncomfortable with taking.

I've been on about 8-10 different benzodiazepines at one point or another, not including z-drugs, including temazepam, and I've never gotten any sort of euphoria from any of them. Nothing that even remotely compares to heroin, meth, or even mediocre cocaine. If anything they induce the opposite of a euphoric rush.

Same here man but I shit you not the temazzy did give me a euphoria (nothing compared to opioid euphoria or even weed). It can pretty much be described as being in a really good mood, almost giggly. It's only happened for me about twice out of the handful of times I've taken it. A pleasant surprise.

I'd def go with temazepam. It was my fav benzo back in the day, took it when I was 17, got a lot out of it. Was sleeping in school/nodding out in class. Made the day pass by at the speed of light with mad euphoria. Of course nowadays with my extreme 8+ yr benzo addiction, temaz probably wouldn't even effect me. but back then it was the shit.

mylan-5050.jpg

Peace,

C

I'd def go with temazepam. It was my fav benzo back in the day, took it when I was 17, got a lot out of it. Was sleeping in school/nodding out in class. Made the day pass by at the speed of light with mad euphoria. Of course nowadays with my extreme 8+ yr benzo addiction, temaz probably wouldn't even effect me. but back then it was the shit.

mylan-5050.jpg

Peace,

C

thats what my pill looks like howdy neighbor.

tema for sure its the shit for sleeping i took it for a while for crazy insomnia
i was getting 4 to 5 hrs of sleep within a 2 to 4 day time period not fun i would start hallucinating
xanax works also guess its a matter of personal pref
if you wanna a straight up sleep aid take the tema

My doctor has given me the choice of 60-90mg of Temazepam or 2mg of alprazolam to take at night and I was just wondering which one to start taking. So basically what I'm asking is that if your doctor gave you a choice of one or the other which one would you go for?

FentanylBliss out
Take the Temazepam. Not only should it help you sleep, but can also reduce your anxiety somewhat. Even though many people never really associate Temazepam when thinking about anxiolytic Benzos's, it worked wonders for my day time anxiety for a short while.

90 mg is a decent dose.

Last edited:
Same here man but I shit you not the temazzy did give me a euphoria (nothing compared to opioid euphoria or even weed). It can pretty much be described as being in a really good mood, almost giggly. It's only happened for me about twice out of the handful of times I've taken it. A pleasant surprise.

Yeah, I've had that once or twice from diazepam, but IMO lorazepam felt the best to me. Akin to being on a few zolpidem, without the hypnotic effect. That was the most euphoric I've felt on a benzo. I've had one script of temazepam, recently, actually..and after reading about how it was one of the most "abus-eable" benzo's, etc..I was slightly excited to try it (and hoping I'd get get some real sleep), but it really wasn't anything special, IMO. I don't see where the hype comes from. I don't see how it's classified as a hypnotic, either. But, I'm comparing it to zolpidem, mainly.

As for which to choose between temazepam and alprazolam, I'd likely choose the alprazolam, as it is indeed more versatile, as previously mentioned. If you feel that's not working for you very well, tell your doc, and might get him to write the temazepam instead.

mylan-5050.jpg

Peace,

C

May I ask, what do you mean when you say temazepam won't even effect you? As in, no benzos affect you anymore, or temazepam isn't strong enough? I thought it was one of the more intense/sedating/hard-hitting benzos.

It would be surprising if you meant that it's not strong enough, because what other prescribed benzos are as effective? I guess maybe triazolam?

Xanax for fast clearing of your anxiety,

Temazepam for relaxing & watching a movie, great couple hours before bed, you will get some good sleep.

Temazepam.is more fun IMO....the sedation, euphoria & warrmness Temaz provides is awesome, but they're hard to get prescribed.

temazepam is better for sleep IMO, alprazolam is better for anxiety and produces more euphoria generally.
I have horrible awful insomnia and no benzo tolerance and I once took 15mg temazepam and actually slept for like almost 6hrs straight, it was a fucking miracle! too bad my psychiatrist "doesn't believe in benzos." =( I can't take most antipsychotics and the only thing that worked great for sleep for me, a full 8+ hours, w/o actually sedating me just making it easier to sleep and keeping me out the whole night, was asenapine, but after almost 3 years on it it suddenly started giving me bad akathisia and I had to come off it ...haven't found something else that works yet and in the past 2 weeks have only had 2 mostly full nights sleep ...most nights well less than a few hours and not "real sleep," just barely dozing off for 5-20min at a time before being awake again. god I am so miserable. OP I hope whatever you choose that you get some relief from your insomnia, I know how it sucks.