• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines Tell us about your psychedelic elders

Oh jeez? No, I'm not tolerating my wounds being carelessly poked into like that. Nor should anyone.

Edit: I really wish I would have been able to take better care of the people relying on me. It really hurts that I haven't been. Please don't belittle me over that.

I strive for harm reduction, here on bluelight and in real life alike. People have tried to poopoo me over that before, but actions and public statements, even in virtual space, have real consequences, and I won't stand for the empathic failure to acknowledge that.

Last edited:
The last time I hit a DMT vape pen was with my friend just a few months before he passed in his late 70s. We had already had several drinks and smoked weed so one hit of dmt each was enough for the evening. It was fun.

I believe that Alexander Shulgin was still experimenting with psychedelics not long before his death at age 88.
Aldous Huxley tripped on his deathbed at age 69.
Plenty of other famous psychonauts who tripped in old age.
In terms of first time experiences, probably the patients for those studies that used psychedelics for people who had terminal cancer or were recovering from cancer remission to treat the anxiety around death.
As I know Timothy Leery and Terence McKenna also tripped on his deathbeds

Let's steer this back from the notion that age is a disease. lol Time moves one way folks. We are all caught in it. (I am half joking as everyone is being mature)

CT I always learn from you. Live, Love and learn!

A for instance? I could let you in on one of my trainwrecks if you want. A couple of years ago I tried to tie my life together into a vision of a psychedelic Aldous-Huxley-esque commune on an actual island with the financial help of a 50yo lady I met through Lorenzo's (yes, the Lorenzo) forum. If you're interested I could privately tell you the tale. It's not pretty, but it is what it is.
I found Lorenzo or Larry he looks like your typical burnt out narcissistic type that is super common amongst psychedelic wannabe 'celebrities' who think they are famous because they have taken drugs.

Last edited:
I'm still grateful to the crotchety old man that gifted me with a foot of San Pedro when I was sixteen, telling me how to grow it.

I first learned about psychedelics from a nurse taking care of my grandfather. He was suffering from Frontotemporal Dementia, and we hired home care assistance for him (https://www.thekey.com/learning-cen...care/15-ways-to-reduce-fall-risks-in-the-home). He loved it from day one. After a few months, a nurse recommended discussing the possibility of administering him micro doses of shrooms with the doctors. He used to take them once in a while, and you could see he was feeling much better. At least he was much more alive and wasn’t that depressed. Unfortunately, it didn’t help with the disease but at least made him feel better.

Last edited: