• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Teen Girl Gets 30 Days in Jail for Flipping Off Miami-Dade Judge

well thats a day possibly more after being in jail

the make up from when she was arrested is gone

although it was wierd to me that she had already gotten her oranges before being arriagned, thats not how it happens here in dallas n denton county

why de-louse n dress someone if they're fixin/or might get bailed out in hours

Last edited:
hm, i am not sure what you mean by this but i will assume you are gracing me with your blessings that i do in fact know what cubans look like 8)

..its a song lyric. and yes you are hereby graced as i admit my assumption was wrong. as was yours when you assumed i live in portland, oregon (on second look, you mustve edited that out).

Turning up to your court hearing under the influence seems to show she was somewhat addicted to the substance, unless she was legitimately using it via a prescription for whatever reason (mostly anxiety isn't it?). She admitted that she was under the influence of xanax as you probably heard, she had 2 I think she said. And yeah it's good that the outcome turned out like that for her and her family after she had a cry and regretted her actions to the judge and wasn't acting like an idiot in a court of law.

Even if turning up under the influence is not an addiction, she was caught with the substance I believe and the judge was doing what his job was to do, yeah I agree with the part non-violent users being sent to jail, but that's hardly a reality in alot of places now is it.

The reasons for an 18 year-old deciding to acquire and self-administer alprazolam (or any substance with an "abuse liability") can be extremely convoluted and complicated; or, it may be something as simple as, "my friends are doing it" - the latter of which may seem exceptionally immature, however, peer pressure at that age combined with a purely passive personality can be cause for disastrous accord.

With that in mind, consider that 18 years (or 6,570 days - not including leap years) is plenty of time to for someone or something to seriously fuck up a human's life to the point that every minute of every hour is always another minute in which living may be unbearable to that individual. And when medical intervention of any kind can't seem to help you, then where do you turn? Eventually, some individuals commit suicide. Some could very well end up being the cause of a school massacre. And others may resort to self-medicating - numbing their senses with whatever will do the job in order to escape those intolerable thoughts, feelings, memories (physical and/or emotional) which are haunting them to near insanity.

This goes back to my opinion of the concept, the true, original meaning of addiction, which I stubbornly stand by; and my issues with how the meaning of the word seems to have evolved into an abstract principle, and also how its use by the public to denote anyone who is caught in possession of a controlled substance for the purpose of ingestion as an addict has skyrocketed in the past 40 - 60 years. And I completely disagree with that sentiment, that inappropriate, counterfactual manner of branding addiction. Like I wrote beforehand: Labeling anyone who's caught using contraband an addict - it's a flawed ideology. One which, in many ways, has caused so much irreparable damage to society. One which - in my opinion - will change dramatically in the western world, should this futile war on drugs ever be forfeited, over and done with, put behind us, finito.

Last edited:
honestly though if you know you are going to use drugs while in drug court its easier and quicker to just do like the 30 days or whatever theyd want you to do. Drug Court is like over a year and they piss test you three times a week and if you fuck up I think you go to jail anyway. Plus you have to go to a bunch of drug classes, it really is like a fulltime job.

thats how it is in PA anyway this is probably in florida somewhere

Last edited:
you can flip off a cop (this is your right and is covered under the 1st; there are plenty of ppl who've gotten paid cuz a cop thought they could arrest for that), but you cannot be in contempt of court. this is a good thing.

..its a song lyric. and yes you are hereby graced as i admit my assumption was wrong. as was yours when you assumed i live in portland, oregon (on second look, you mustve edited that out).

i guess the location of portlandia is just cuz you like the show, good show by the way but yes i incorrectly assumed you were from portland

you too have hereby been graced

you can flip off a cop (this is your right and is covered under the 1st; there are plenty of ppl who've gotten paid cuz a cop thought they could arrest for that)

Wouldn't that only be freedom of speech for a mute person?

Wouldn't that only be freedom of speech for a mute person?

Yeah, I don't think freedom of speech would cover sign language unless that is how you primarily communicated.

The founding fathers should have better defined "freedom of speech" IMO.

honestly though if you know you are going to use drugs while in drug court its easier and quicker to just do like the 30 days or whatever theyd want you to do. Drug Court is like over a year and they piss test you three times a week and if you fuck up I think you go to jail anyway. Plus you have to go to a bunch of drug classes, it really is like a fulltime job.
This is true. I've known at least 5 people who have gone through drug court and all of them ended up doing their jail time. It's a tough program.

This is true. I've known at least 5 people who have gone through drug court and all of them ended up doing their jail time. It's a tough program.

Yeah, I don't believe in "drug court" really. Unless you're one of those people who NEEDS a program in order to get off drugs, and then in that case more power to you.

The principal value of drug court is that if you graduate, you can get a nole pros and will never have to mention the charges on a job application (in theory).

The founding fathers should have better defined "freedom of speech" IMO.

I think broad wording allows for broad freedom.

But I'm also sure some of them gave voluble opinions on what "freedom of speech" meant.

Also, at least one of them canceled that freedom during his presidency (an act that possibly cost him a second term).

edit: wow that's a terrible wiki article

Wow I was laughing my fucking ass off the entire time I was watching that video. She definitely should have known better. You gotta show the judge respect in court or you're asking for trouble. I remember the one time I was in court, the person that was called up before me got reamed out by the judge because his hands were in his pockets while he was standing up there. I knew if that kid had gone up there with his ARMS CROSSED, like what the girl was doing from the beginning before she fucked up, the judge would have snapped.

But yea this was funny nonetheless.

Edit: I had thought that she said "like Rick Ross" but it was kinda hard for me to hear, but after reading these posts with people quoting that...man I just had another laughing fit lol.

Last edited:
She's a kid who was high...and expressed herself the wrong way. Cute and hilarious. <3