• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Technicalities surrounding the potentiation of Oxycodone whilst on low doses of buprenorphine?

Daddydopedick

Bluelighter
I'm currently on 2mg of buprenorphine (wafers/sublingual.)

Yeah, ik, bupe is for coming off H but I have a heap of Oxycodone and I'm going through a dark period and want to get high.

I've known that you can still get high on opiates if your dose of buprenorphine is low (1-1.5mg or lower.) I also know that bupe can even potentiate opiates in lower doses. I'm down to 2mg daily. After 24 hours, I imagine many less mu receptors are being occupied (2mg would be too much) and if I used DXM to then take Oxycodone, it could have an effect. Of course this depends on how fast my body metabolises the drug (which I don't know.)

Bupe has a crazy long half life. What I want to know is; if I'm on a low dose of bupe, could I wait 24 hours (like I have done), take DXM, take some oxies and then take 2mg (or even 1mg) of bupe the next day and NOT go into PWD?

I imagine the answer is no as the buprenorphine is still occupying many receptors as well as the fact the dose is very low, but I wanted to know if anybody had any experience with this?

If I did this now and took a very low dose of bupe tomorrow the same as I currently am, could I be put into some shitty withdrawals or not? Also, could I potentially take the bupe whenever I wanted as long as i've been keeping on taking it and keeping at least some bupe binded to my mu receptors?

In a nut shell, I'm wondering whether you can get PWD whilst taking low doses of bupe alongside opiates (whilst you're already on the low dose of bupe). Any help would be great, thanks👍

Edit: I have absolutely no plans to be taking H, so it's just the Oxycodone that I have these questions surrounding atm. However, I do imagine it's all relatively the same apart from H likely gives worse PWD.

Last edited:
Swim regularly takes 2-4mg of bup. Daily and will occasionally wait 12-18 hours after dosing and smoke fet. And the take normal dose of bup the next day as early as 18 hours after last dose of fet. And never had PD. hope this helps

Yes. You will essentially barely feel the oxycodone I am sorry.

I've done this numerous times. I recommend waiting about 3-4 days if you can should you want to feel the oxy enough to "get high comfortably and satisfied."

You might as well throw those pills in the trash or feel it 20%. I cannot explain the science behind this. Speaking from experience though. However, if you want to get back on the bupe after administering oxycodone.. wait 24 hours or at least when you feel obviously "sick" and ready for your body's redose of any opiate colors. I do not get PWD at all so I don't know the horrors that people discuss regarding precipitated withdrawal.. but I know if I've taken the bupe too soon after dosing oxy or something like that--because I'll be sweaty and cannot stop sleeping the entire day. If I dose bupe correctly on my body's timeline after oxy or fent per say, I will have no sleepiness and feel relaxed/no longer worried about the uncomfortable aura of withdrawals or feel them.

I get what you're trying to do.. I totally do. It is just not going to work out the way you want? The pills will be so diminished in effects especially if you've been taking bupe for a steady and long period of time. If I were you--and not telling you what to do at all here--I would not bupe dose for a day or two and then take it when I feel some bupe withdrawal kicking in. The problem (or good thing about bupe and suboxone/subutex) is that the addict cannot get high properly under maintenance program routine. It is designed to block you from getting high and its so difficult to tell you when you will feel the oxy 80-100%. For some, it could take 3 days or more. For me, I feel it diminished greatly even without a day of bupes after taking a bupe strip 2-3 days ago. Its just diminished in effects.. Fent is a bit different because it travels a bit differently to the brain's opiate receptors. I think it even bypasses bupe barriers themselves.

Last edited:
The one thing I can assure you is that this question will yield a plethora of answers ranging from similar to wildly contradictory.

It comes down to dose, schedule, individual physiology and neurochemistry, and perception. Unless you completely clear the buprenorphine from your system, it is almost guaranteed to diminish the effects of the oxycodone. If you expect to experience the drug the way you remember it, you will be disappointed.

If you calibrate your expectations accordingly, and accept that the effects are highly subjective and will be different due to the bupe you’re taking, you may find it enjoyable. It could also be a huge let down. You’re at least on a low enough dose to not saturate your receptors, which makes it extremely difficult for other μ agonists with lesser or equal binding affinity’s to compete for space.

I've done this numerous times. I recommend waiting about 3-4 days if you can should you want to feel the oxy enough to "get high comfortably and satisfied."

You might as well throw those pills in the trash or feel it 20%. I cannot explain the science behind this. Speaking from experience though. However, if you want to get back on the bupe after administering oxycodone.. wait 24 hours or at least when you feel obviously "sick" and ready for your body's redose of any opiate colors. I do not get PWD at all so I don't know the horrors that people discuss regarding precipitated withdrawal.. but I know if I've taken the bupe too soon after dosing oxy or something like that--because I'll be sweaty and cannot stop sleeping the entire day. If I dose bupe correctly on my body's timeline after oxy or fent per say, I will have no sleepiness and feel relaxed/no longer worried about the uncomfortable aura of withdrawals or feel them.

I get what you're trying to do.. I totally do. It is just not going to work out the way you want? The pills will be so diminished in effects especially if you've been taking bupe for a steady and long period of time. If I were you--and not telling you what to do at all here--I would not bupe dose for a day or two and then take it when I feel some bupe withdrawal kicking in. The problem (or good thing about bupe and suboxone/subutex) is that the addict cannot get high properly under maintenance program routine. It is designed to block you from getting high and its so difficult to tell you when you will feel the oxy 80-100%. For some, it could take 3 days or more. For me, I feel it diminished greatly even without a day of bupes after taking a bupe strip 2-3 days ago. Its just diminished in effects.. Fent is a bit different because it travels a bit differently to the brain's opiate receptors. I think it even bypasses bupe barriers themselves.

Swim regularly takes 2-4mg of bup. Daily and will occasionally wait 12-18 hours after dosing and smoke fet. And the take normal dose of bup the next day as early as 18 hours after last dose of fet. And never had PD. hope this helps
Thanks dude. I appreciate the input. I've put myself through hell getting back onto subs in the past but I think it varies depending on the person. I've always waited 24 hours but the withdrawals come on fast for me so I think I could give 18 hours a go, using small incremental doses.

Not out here tryna smoke dent though☠️ Not judging, you do you, I just don't wanna die😂

Thanks for your input my dude, I appreciate it.

Thing is, I know even if I come off subs and I've waited 2-4 days, my tolerance will still be high and snorting crushed up slow release oxies won't do anything noticable. However, I do have easily accessible DXM I can buy for very cheap which personally, for me, has potentiated THE SHIT out of H for me in the past. I know H is much stronger, but I went from not getting high and keeping away the withdrawals to passing out from one single inhilation from the foil☠️

I'm thinking that whilst oxy may not do much, the DXM could help? Also, it's slow release oxy. Even if it's crushed and snorted, that doesn't make it like actual instant-release stuff. However, I am of the belief you can get a pill of oxy, cut it into quarters and leave it in Coca-Cola over night and it will *insert scientific stuff here* and become instant release & you can drink the cola that's essentially caused the oxy to be instant release by breaking it down in such a way. I saw this somewhere; it sounds theoretically possible but I don't like to assume; do you have any knowledge on this matter? Is it something I should try or is it a waste of time?

Also, I'm on 2mg of bupe atm, I plan on dropping down to 1mg for about a week and then going onto 0.5mg. I'm not sure if you know, but low doses of bupe can actually potentiate opiates. I was thinking by using a low dose of bupe along with DXM and the cola to make the oxy instant release, I could get a decent buzz?

I just want what I like to call "a drug holiday." I'm experienced enough with drugs to know how to take them for X amount of time and not get completely hooked, however, I really don't want to go back to smoking H either. That's why I want to use oxies. I aren't after getting to the point I'm drooling, I just want a nice little buzz; a tad bit of euphoria if you like.

Do you think this is possible using the methods I've mentioned or should I try getting some diluadids?

The one thing I can assure you is that this question will yield a plethora of answers ranging from similar to wildly contradictory.

It comes down to dose, schedule, individual physiology and neurochemistry, and perception. Unless you completely clear the buprenorphine from your system, it is almost guaranteed to diminish the effects of the oxycodone. If you expect to experience the drug the way you remember it, you will be disappointed.

If you calibrate your expectations accordingly, and accept that the effects are highly subjective and will be different due to the bupe you’re taking, you may find it enjoyable. It could also be a huge let down. You’re at least on a low enough dose to not saturate your receptors, which makes it extremely difficult for other μ agonists with lesser or equal binding affinity’s to compete for space.
Thanks for the input, that's a very educated and reasonable response.

I do not have high hopes for my useage of oxy. If I really wanted to get high, I'd come off the stuff and start smoking H, but I don't want to do that.

I aren't after getting to the point I'm drooling, I just want a little bit of a buzz...a tad bit of euphoria, enough to feel and make me feel good.

As you may know, low doses of bupe can actually potentiate other opiates. I was planning on having a low dose along with DXM and using Coca-Cola to break down my slow release oxy into instant release.

Was planning on going onto 1mg subs for a week and then 0.5 for a few days; then wait 24 hours after 0.5 to take DXM and cola oxy.

However, idk if the Cola thing is true. I saw it somewhere and it sounds plausible, but it could also be bullshit. Do you know anything about it?

Thanks for the input, that's a very educated and reasonable response.

I do not have high hopes for my useage of oxy. If I really wanted to get high, I'd come off the stuff and start smoking H, but I don't want to do that.

I aren't after getting to the point I'm drooling, I just want a little bit of a buzz...a tad bit of euphoria, enough to feel and make me feel good.

As you may know, low doses of bupe can actually potentiate other opiates. I was planning on having a low dose along with DXM and using Coca-Cola to break down my slow release oxy into instant release.

Was planning on going onto 1mg subs for a week and then 0.5 for a few days; then wait 24 hours after 0.5 to take DXM and cola oxy.

However, idk if the Cola thing is true. I saw it somewhere and it sounds plausible, but it could also be bullshit. Do you know anything about it?
I’ve not heard of the cola thing; beyond a minor increase in metabolic breakdown of ER oxycodone, I don’t think it would have any significant impact.

Dextromethorphan can definitely potentiate the effects of opioids when taken together. Experience, anecdotal and empirical evidence all support this. NMDA antagonists generally do work to attenuate or reverse tolerance to many drugs.

My instinct tells me that crushing the time release pills and taking it either on an empty stomach or shortly after consuming a high fat meal would be best for maximizing absorption. Perhaps someone else could weigh in on that.

I’ve not heard of the cola thing; beyond a minor increase in metabolic breakdown of ER oxycodone, I don’t think it would have any significant impact.

Dextromethorphan can definitely potentiate the effects of opioids when taken together. Experience, anecdotal and empirical evidence all support this. NMDA antagonists generally do work to attenuate or reverse tolerance to many drugs.

My instinct tells me that crushing the time release pills and taking it either on an empty stomach or shortly after consuming a high fat meal would be best for maximizing absorption. Perhaps someone else could weigh in on that.
I tried the cola thing. I don't particularly crush my time release oxies, I grate them using a ped egg and it gets them into a powder; best way to do it.

I left it in cola for about 2-3 hours and it definitely worked better than anything else did. I didn't try it for 24 hours like many people suggest to do but idk, I imagine it could work.

A lot of people say it's bullshit but you get many people saying they've tried it themselves and it had worked.

As for the DXM, I know it definitely potenitates opiates. I was just wondering how effective it'd be after having had bupena certain amount of time prior.

But yeah, I snorted it, plugged it, swallowed it in powder form on an empty stomach with water and then used the cola method. The cola method definitely seemed to work the best. I got it into a powder, swirled it in and just left it. Some say if you microwave it then that works break it down or at least speed up breaking it down but again, idk if that's true or not.

Anyway, I've had enough of my relapse now. I have a plan to get back on track. I was tee-total for two years and I know I can get back there.

Thanks dude. I appreciate the input. I've put myself through hell getting back onto subs in the past but I think it varies depending on the person. I've always waited 24 hours but the withdrawals come on fast for me so I think I could give 18 hours a go, using small incremental doses.

Not out here tryna smoke dent though☠️ Not judging, you do you, I just don't wanna die😂
Trust me bud dying was never the GOAL 😂🤣

Just a REMINDER FOR EVERYONE....WE DON'T FUCKING USE SWIM HEREEEEEE AHHH ok. 😊🌈

I think it really comes down to personal physiology.

I have felt (and even enjoyed) as low as 10mg of hydrocodone, even after years of daily buprenorphine use.

Of course it was diminished slightly, but it still satisfied that "itch" for me.

I've never had to wait 24 or more hours to feel heroin or other opioids (except maybe some of the weaker ones, like tramadol or morphine), but then again if one were taking monsterous receptor occupying doses of bupe daily, it could be a diff story.

Fent is a lot different than oxy. I can easily bust through 8mg of bupe with fent dope.

To the op I would try to wait at least 48-72 hours. You're gonna have to be feeling a little dope sick to get anything out of it. Been there quite a few times.

Back when I was on 1-2 mg a day I waited 36 hours and took 100mg oxy and hardly felt it

No doubt. Apparently this one made a bigger impression cuz I can't even remember the others name. Lol