Education Teacher Appreciation

jasperkent

Bluelighter
I'm embarrassed to admit that I didn't know that this was Teacher Appreciation Week--today is the last day.

I've had several teachers that were extremely positive influences in my life:

Miss Wolfe, my 2nd grade teacher, was the first older woman I had a crush on. All I remember about her is that she was smart, she was a redhead, and she was hot.
Mr. Smith, my 6th grade teacher, would discipline you by making you copy the Declaration of Independence by hand. If it was a serious offense, you had to write the Constitution.
Linda Hawkins was an English teacher in high school. I took two literature classes and a creative writing class from her. She was funny, enthusiastic, and inspiring. Sadly, she died of leukemia 2yrs after I graduated. 45yrs later, I still mourn her death.
There were a few others that stood out, but the biggest influences were my mom and step-dad, who were both high school teachers (not at  my school, thank god!). We butted heads about a lot of things, primarily politics and my drug use-- but they always encouraged me to read, to learn, and to think for myself.

Thank you, teachers!

PS-- Any noteworthy teachers from your past or present?

Tell us about them!