• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Tasting the Shot ?? (IV question)

Phvraoh

Greenlighter
Moderators: Kindly move this thread to the correct forum if I have mistakenly misplaced it, I am still fairly new!

Some experience it, others do not from my personal inquiry. My question is simply what is it that I’m tasting? Are these merely adulterants? Is this a chemical process occurring in my body ? if so could someone explain in lay mans terms for me? I’ve been on the needle for roughly 3 years now and it’s most noticeable in quality cocaine shots which comes off as a Sweet-mint sometimes doublemint gum flavor? Other times it could taste very bitter and chemically with less potent shit. And I’ve often heard from a few friends that Heroin shots also carries its own distinct taste/scent, is the fact that I’m tasting anything mean that I am using a potentially harmful batch, or using a poor technique?

Any insight, experiences and explanations for this effect are greatly appreciated , it something I’ve always wondered on!

I reckon sometimes your tasting the chemicals used to synthesize the drug and sometimes its the additives and sometimes its possibly both.
With coke i imagine some of it is cooked off out in the jungle under the most rudimentary of clinical circumstances using not the highest grade chemicals neither.
Back in the day you would get a hearty throat rush,
that was when drugs used to actually work!!!
[and they were good for you back then too-just kidding:\].

I always assumed it was from the substances passing through capillaries near your taste buds in sufficient quantities to taste it, but I once saw a scientific sounding post from someone who I had generally found to be knowledgeable and trustworthy explaining it was actually from your body excreting it into vapor in your lungs although I'm not sure I believed him on that one.