• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Tastebud altercation ?

dr-ripple

Bluelighter
Occasionally when after smoking some magical cannabis my tastebuds are altered or the taste is altered. have you experienced this? I heard of other substances having this effect but . . . :?

I find after I smoke weed everything tastes amazing lol

I don't know why, but that's just how it affects me.

Yeah, this usually happens when I skip breakfast and I've been smoking all day.

I don't feel hungry, and I don't enjoy the food, I just eat something light so I don't feel so depleted.

Has anyone ever had their tastebuds seem to die out en masse? Stings like a bitch, man! And then you have about a week-long wait before new tastebuds fill in... This has happened to me several times over the years. Truthfully, I just chalked it up to the way I hit my bubbler fucking up my tongue, but I really don't know what the hell causes it to happen.

It's weird, dude, makes your tongue look bald or scraped clean or something. Ugh.... And beer and carbonated beverages are a fuckin' no-no when that happens, man. Feels like the mouth is on fiyah.

But yeah, just having the taste of food altered by the lingering taste of whatever you just smoked is pretty common. Cigarettes do it way worse than bud does, though.

It would be interesting if we come to find out that cannabis makes food more enjoyable due to a cannabinoid binding to taste buds similar to miraculin in Synsepalum dulcificum. I highly doubt it though, I think the effects cannabis has on appetite and taste stem from the brain.

My tastebuds once started an altercation with my teeth, perhaps it was the other way around, I'm not sure, I was quite high (on MDMA, not weed), my tastebuds and tongue as a whole did not fare well.