• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Taren Mystery Solved

the taren mystery has been mentioned a few times on bluelight and drugs-forum; it is still used in russia, eastern europe, afghanistan, turkmenistan found in old soviet nuclear/tank bunkers, i have 4 grenades aka 24 capsules myself http://i.imgur.com/RpZ1C.jpg; but i don't speak russian so I had no clue wtf it was; thought it was some sort of soviet BZ. Deliriant obv.

<snip> While as far as I saw the video was a non-sequiter, I must remind you that we do not allow video to be posted of people under the influence

~Never

Last edited by a moderator:
Could have told us that there'd be loads of dead people and injured children in this video, for fuck sake! :X

What even was the point in posting this? :(

Could you elaborate a little more on what you're talking about? That video didn't bring me any closer to even knowing what this mystery originated from.

I added a warning to the video. Please if you're going to post such material which users may find distressing add a warning about what the video contains first. ESPECIALLY if you're going to post it in the Psychedelic Drugs section where users may be tripping and such imagery could send them into a horribly devastating bad trip.

I can't find much about this particular mystery and from the information you've described I can't see how the video is related to the subject at all. You've got people saying it was used to treat radiation, and then you've got information on the wiki saying it's an anti-cholinergic which backs up what you're saying that it was a deliriant. While deliriants can do some messed up things, that video appears to be of dead and wounded civilians after an attack of some kind in Afghanistan, and I can't see how it is or could be related to the drug.

Please offer some more explanation on the subject? And explain how the video is related?

^He said the video showed the effects of the drug (that wasn't apparent to me), so that makes it against the rules by default so I got rid of it.

Apparently taren refers to the above mentioned aprofene, an anti-cholinergic distributed to Soviet soldiers to use to counteract acetylcholinesterase inhibitors (i.e. nerve agents like sarin). Old pills of it are sold as street drugs in Russia and the parts of the Soviet Bloc. It's mentioned in 2008 price thread.

Okay I did a little more Google on the subject and thought I'd let you guys know the most common English name for this drug seems to be Aprophen. Aprofene also comes up with some results on chemical websites but Aprophen seems to be the generally accepted name with more results including some studies on it. Searching for the Russian name of "Aprofen" will just lead you to an ibuprofen brand.

Some links:
http://www.wikigenes.org/e/chem/e/71128.html
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/4004924
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2738887

Can't see anything particularly interesting or mysterious about this chemical though. Any links regarding the "mystery" you mentioned OP? Was the drug simply always disclosed as Taren with no-one ever having an idea of what they were taking or is it something else? The video still to me looks like it was unrelated and the "Taren" in the name I don't think is any reference to the drug in particular but is just simply a word from another language - possibly meaning "Terror" or "Terror attack"?

Guys, i'm from Russia, and I know a lot about taren. I've never tried it myself, but one of my friends poped up 3 capsules and went for a walk around Moscow. Walking, he met two gorgeous girls, and he suggested them to walk together. They talked about history, politics, music. And my friend was amazed how intelligent these girls are, that they know what he actually like in girls and people at all. After about 7-9 miles one of girls disappeared in the air, after next couple miles - second, and then my friend realised that there were np girls, thst was just his trip. The fact that cops didn't stop a guy that walked crossing red square, speaking with two imagination girls was an actual miracle. After that time my friend has never done it again and doesn't want to

Ironically this thread reads like a mystery...

But yeah alright, more deliriants. That's what the world needs. Be careful please, it seems impossibly hard expecting to be able to function in a delirium.

My question is, if this was a Soviet era deleriant given to soldiers to combat sarin... Why is so much still around and why is it on the black market? That would be like if BZ was roaming the black market here in the states 40 years after the military gave up on it. It certainly is mysterious IMO...

Perhaps less nerve gas was used involving Russia than the Russians are/were prepared for? Be sure to check the 'best before' date : p

^ also, the USSR and its traditional power structure crumbled two and a half decades ago, with a poorly funded, over-stretched military left in limbo whilst Eastern Europe shuffled its political borders.

If/when the United States goes a similar way, I imagine the fallout (no pun intended) that could be unleashed from the military build-up of the last 100-odd years could be rather troubling for years to come.
Hypothetically speaking.

Taren remains a quite popular deliriant in republics of former Soviet Union as of now. Technically it's an anticholinergic so perhaps the effects produced by it would be close to Datura.

SwirlyBird, if you wondered, on the pills you have there's inscription saying "antidote for phosphorus-containing organic compounds". Exactly what Taren is supposed to be.

Personally I would not touch it with a ten-foot pole.