• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Tardyl (Hungarian sedative/hypnotic)

Kenaz

Bluelighter
Has anyone here (in Eastern Europe or elsewhere) ever run into these little beauties? They were previously made by Egis but are now being made by Extractum Pharma. Each tablet contains 125mg amobarbital, 125mg glutethimide and 7mg promethazine.

I know that at least in Bulgaria the old "4s and Doors" (glutethimide and codeine) combo is still used, since glutethimide is still available in pharmacies, or was until recently. But that amobarbital looks simultaneously yummy and frightening: a couple of these would leave you sleeping like a baby, but a couple more might have you sleeping like Jimi Hendrix.

The old Iron Curtain has some very... interesting pharmaceuticals on hand. I saw a few bromides for sale: I didn't think they were even used anymore. Nasty stuff - but at least they have goodies like this and kompot to take the pain away.

Yeah, really, 6.25mg of promethazine is enough to have my sleepy, double that and I'm out. Why would they combine that with a short-acting barb and glutethimide. Sounds like overkill to me.

I would like to try amobarbital by itself though :)

My aunt, who has been a druggie since the 60's, kept ahold of some amobarbital and seconal pills from the twenty years prior, and I had the pleasure of trying both of them a few years ago.

I've never been a big fan of downers (except my beloved opiates), but those pills had me feeling fabulous. Far better than benzos. My body felt as good as it does on ecstasy, and I felt an incredibly relaxed, cool happiness. I can see why they are so addictive. They also immobilized me and made me fall asleep at 3pm in the afternoon for a little nap and wake up at 10pm.

If you have access to any of the good old fashioned barbs, I say enjoy them. But use caution yada yada yada.

Oh, I agree that Tardyl sounds like an accident waiting to happen. They are definitely used in suicide attempts: what's more, they come in a box of 20 tablets, which is certainly enough to do a body in... and which may well be enough to start a body on the road to barbituate dependence at least, not to mention getting habituated to the glutethimide.

But I do have to say that damn, if THIS won't get you to sleep then you have some serious insomnia!

Tardyl is no longer manufactured. Doriden (Glutethimide) and Codeine combination was big in my area of NJ. They were known as "hits" or "Cibas and Codeine" in my area of NJ. Nothing can compare to them, the pleasant euphoric bliss, like a mystical experience. Sadly Doriden (Glutethimide) was discontinued in '93. Doriden induced a liver enzyme that made the Codeine way stronger and longer lasting. You see, when you take codeine it converts in your body to morphine, but only about ten percent, with the Doriden it converted to eighty to ninety percent and add the sedative hypnotic effect of the Doriden and you got a very long lasting euphoric high that you still felt the next day! At the time I was doing a four on four which is four Doriden and four codeine tablets. They were going for twenty dollars a pop, so a four on four cost eighty dollars, but it was money well spent in my opinion. The warmth, the feeling of being "loved", the pleasant "little dreams". Nothing can compare to my beloved Doriden (Glutethimide) and Codeine or "hits" as they were known on the streets. To this day I still dream about them. When the government "forced" the pharmaceutical companies to stop making Doriden (Glutethimide) in '93 every one started to use H, including myself, which doesn't even come close to my Doriden and Codeine. Finding some Doriden would be like finding the holy Grail. Mere words cannot describe the Doriden and Codeine experience. Yes I did have a few close calls with them but Narcan saved me numerous times. Now I am on methadone maintenance about twenty years now.

The reason they were known as "Cibas and Codeine" on the street was because at one time they were manufactured by Ciba and the tablet was stamped CIBA. The other manufacturer was Rorer's USV (US Vitamin Co) subsidiary, they were USV 354, and the generics, which were just as good, Halsey Drug (HD 550), Medeva and their MD 529, Rugby with their R 3870, and Geneva with their GG 185 tablets. Acetaminophen or aspirin with Codeine #4 , which is 60 mg of Codeine is made by many manufacturers, for some reason Empirin 4 comes to mind.

^ I remember those. Sometime in the early/mid 90s during a snowstorm me and an ex were looking for dope

This guy at the bar kept saying he had "hits". I'm like no dude I don't want acid. (Lol). He kept saying no they're like dope

Long story short--I wasn't taking unknown pills (ah, preInternet days, no pill identifier to fall back on), but my ex took them

He dropped me off. Next morning I get a call "do you know where my car is"?

Um, no, sorry...you had it when I last saw you

He found it a few blocks up the street, 4 ways flashing, sitting unlocked at the intersection (??!). Only the fact that it had snowed a foot overnight saved it from a worse fate...

So, yes, I'd say they sure had benzo like blackout qualities!'

It's gonna 'tard ya then you'll sleep. amobarbital is supposed to be a great barbiturate. Please take only one pill at a time. With barbiturates that are worth it, it's one pill is great, 2 pills is graveyard. I should know, from 2000 to 2004 I was prescribed 15 Seconals a year, for pre-college exam anxiety, especially for those at 8h20 am and 10h15 am..I got this kind of sleeping problem where I start to yawn when the sun sets slowly (when in nov 2004 Canada removed all barbs except butalbital in Fiorinal and Phenobarbital for seizures and helping benzo withdrawal, rapid benzo detox with it is no longer done because it is very dangerous. I miss my Seconals I gotta tell ya.

I got something in the mail similar from a friend from another country, it's the same thing as a Fioricet/Fiorinal with codeine, except the butalbital is replaced with meprobamate, the compound Soma (which we don't have here since 97, I think, definitely late 90's, I met young doctors and they never heard of it, then I told em, I was prescribed some once after hurting myself in gym class in grade 8. Anyway, carisoprodol is active itself, but it turns into meprobamate after the liver pass, so those things will really work well for my tension headaches, you should try and keep some in case you get tension headaches sometimes.

Tardyl is no longer manufactured, anywhere. And good luck finding Seconal, first getting a doctor who will prescribe it, some of the younger physicians don't even know what it is. Then the problem of getting the prescription filled, many drug stores don't carry it and don't even want to order it for you. But Marathon still makes it and it is very expensive.