• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe tapering off suboxone

ok heres what happened they put me on a taper for like 10 days started at 2 mg then like 4 then 6 then 8 then they took me down t 2 for like 3 days then i wanted to continue it cause i felt it was helping but turns out it was the klonipin that truly was helping me and when i asked to be n maintence for like 3 days maybe 4 i was on 8 but yesterday i cut it down to 4 and so far today i havent taken any at all o the most ive taken ever of it was 8 in a day i have 5 2 mg strips left n which i can take however i want not sure yet gonna ask the doc for his best advice i know im for sure coming off it but not sure if i should taper it go to 2 mg like today or tomorrow then skip a day and keep doing 2 mg or 1 mg till the 5 runs out
Got it. I understand the Kpin was helping. It can be a lifesaver by lowering anxiety relaxing the body. But i'm willing to bet the Bupe may have helped a bit more you realize.
And it may seem like 4 mg isn't alot, but as a jump off point, it's ALOT. Even 1 mg is alolt. An ideal jump dose is like .50 or less.
So it might not be this long process. But there unfortunately will be some acute physical withdrawl to deal with.

mhm it was months before i felt normal too which is why i wanted to come here for 2 months cause if i could stay 2 months would put me at 2.5 months off it which gets me closer to a better place in life but the week i relapsed in back of my head i was scared saying oh fuck what if i fucked myself... and well i did.. and ever since iv had crazy panic attacks at times emotions are out of wack.

i have over month left here so im gonna try t come off the subs i havent used them over 2 weeks so i shouldnt be to addicted to point where it itself will have me withdrawaling for months and try to maybe get klonipin at higher doses and then try to slowlyyyyyyyyyyyyyy taper down off them over time the mental is destroying me more than the physical and i dont think tbh its the meds but myself i do feel once im a good 2.5 months off methadone again ill feel emotionally a lot better
I think i would have benefitted greatly from some kind of benzo back when i first got off methadone or even an antidepressant. I have been on zoloft and prozac before and both lifted my depression. You might see a huge difference in your mental state from one of those. Being off methadone/an opiate as long as you have been means you’ve gotten through the acute physical stage and just have to shake off the lingering mental fog. You don’t want to be tied to a clinic but obviously need a little more than just “positive thinking”. Talk to your doctor there, see what he thinks.

Got it. I understand the Kpin was helping. It can be a lifesaver by lowering anxiety relaxing the body. But i'm willing to bet the Bupe may have helped a bit more you realize.
And it may seem like 4 mg isn't alot, but as a jump off point, it's ALOT. Even 1 mg is alolt. An ideal jump dose is like .50 or less.
So it might not be this long process. But there unfortunately will be some acute physical withdrawl to deal with.
so saying that do you suggest i taper down? i have 5 2 mg strips left i could order more prob while in here but i feel the longer i take the worse it will get? not sure i used methadone for over 3 weeks before and didnt get addicted so i hope sub will be similar i first took it on the 14th and so far iv been 3 days during that whole time without it so just not sure of the best way to approach it id feel a lil better if i took a 2 mg strip today but not sure im suppose to see the doctor at the rehab today and gonna wait to see what he says before i take anymore but regardless i am curious what you would do in the same situation

ok so i saw my doc just now told him the situation he said i have 5 2 mg strips left and take them only as needed that if i can go 3 days without needing them i should be ok and gave me back my klonipin 2 times a day so i just took clonidine and klonipin and gonna wait and try my best not to touch the subs or is that a bad idea? he thinks its best if i want off t not even touch it try my best and only if i completely need to so well see

ok so i saw my doc just now told him the situation he said i have 5 2 mg strips left and take them only as needed that if i can go 3 days without needing them i should be ok and gave me back my klonipin 2 times a day so i just took clonidine and klonipin and gonna wait and try my best not to touch the subs or is that a bad idea? he thinks its best if i want off t not even touch it try my best and only if i completely need to so well see
If you are able to use only as needed then great. Just be careful because your mind can trick you with the "as needed" part. However the Kpin should help minimize that.
That's great to hear. Just watch out for yourself trying to justify using mire than needed. It's a very well known reasoning we use (more specificaly the addict in us). It might have an actual specific name in the psych/addiction medicine community. I know I've justified my drug use internally so many times.
Just be strong and listen to the dr and you should be good to go! Good luck!

If you are able to use only as needed then great. Just be careful because your mind can trick you with the "as needed" part. However the Kpin should help minimize that.
That's great to hear. Just watch out for yourself trying to justify using mire than needed. It's a very well known reasoning we use (more specificaly the addict in us). It might have an actual specific name in the psych/addiction medicine community. I know I've justified my drug use internally so many times.
Just be strong and listen to the dr and you should be good to go! Good luck!
i only have a total of 10 mg of subs left anyways im not going to take it tonight the klonipin clonidine has helped me and i dont mind being on a benzo if it helps me get off methadone or suboxone then can deal with that issue later since times such a big thing for me most people go into 30 day rehabs and feel fine by day 7-10 not if you are on methadone/subs so was quite scared im gonna try my best t not touch the subs at all wasnt sure if tonight i should do it one last time a 2 mg strip since last night was last time i used and i used 4 mg

i guess im at the part where im not sure if im to close to being physically dependent on it so tapering may be a bad idea since one more day could put me over the threshold

49 hours since last had subs in me waiting for tomorrow to see if i get hit by hard withdrawal if i do is it wise to take a 2mg film? and just try to taper the rest or is it best i stick it out and now make it last so much longer?

on day 3 now doin fine i guess i beat it i have 1 last opportunity to take a 2 mg strip or they throw out my reminder subs curious if i should take it

guys is it normal to start feeling worse on day 10 of suboxone withdrawal? i mean fuck only took it for a total of 16 days lol everywhere i read said the worst part was within the first week