• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Tapering off GHB: which medications will help me the most?

ayemsea

Greenlighter
I have experienced GHB/alcohol withdrawals twice before and I honestly don't think I can handle the seizures, constant panic attacks

I've been 24/7 dosing GHB for 3 months now. Initial dose was 0.8g every 3 hours, which rose steadily to my current dose of 1.5g every 90 minutes.

I have about 70g remaining, I could buy some more but I'd rather just try to replace the GHB with Baclofen ASAP as it's much cheaper.

I will use the Diphenhydramine to help me get some sleep, and the Fasoracetam to upregulate GABA.

So far my shopping list looks like this:
- Baclofen, 10mg, 100pcs
- Diphenhydramine, 25mg, 100pcs
- Fasoracetam, 10mg, 60pcs

Is it worth getting some benzos, or are they not effective due to fried GABA receptors?

Cannabis? Stims? Hell, I'll get some lovely scented candles and run a hot bath if it will help! :sus:

Don't have much time, so I'll be brief. Fasoracetam seems to be an agonist at glutamate receptors, which is exactly what you don't want. I couldn't quickly find how it upregulates GABA, but if it's by negative modulation or inverse agonism, then that's also something you don't want. I wouldn't risk it.

A long-acting GABAergic would be ideal. If you have access to benzos, then I'd go for them for the taper. Just make sure you don't switch addictions. Personally I'd stay away from cannabis and especially benzos in GABAergic withdrawal. That sounds like a nasty scenario.