Tapering off alcohol, almost there

Ragnarok-isinsight

Bluelighter
I'm weaning off alcohol after being an alcoholic for a year.

My last drink was 20 mil of triple sec (15%) alcohol at 8pm last night. It's been about 10.5 hours since then, should I start a new schedule of a drink every 12 hours, or do you think no withdrawls and I'm out of the wood works?

How much were you drinking before?

I really do not know much about alcohol withdrawals but I congratulate you on the sensible approach you have taken (taper) and the fact that you are motivated to give it up. Do you have a doctor that you trust? If so, I would consult him/her about the taper.

Hi Herbavore, I actually had started a tapering journal last month I couldn't find (I'm still kinda new, haha.) I lost the place where I had continued it until just now, it's actually under Sober Living on the second tab under My Alcohol Taper and Detoxification. I had gotten up to a 750 mil bottle of rum for a solid week until I just couldn't do it anymore. It took a long time and a relapse back up to a half pint here and there, but currently I am 24 hours totally sober with no symptoms besides shaky hands, twitchy limbs when I lay down to sleep, and some itchy brain tingles. All nerve related I believe, and hopefully goes away in the next couple weeks. Thanks for checking in on me, Herbavore

http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/822083-My-Alcohol-Taper-and-Detoxification