• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Tapering Advice Question | Kratom Question

SpongeCake

Bluelighter
* First time poster here! I read the BDD Guidelines sticky, as well as the 'Welcome to Bluelight!' PM that I recieved upon registering; unless I accidentally missed something, these questions I have are not only in the correct forum but they also follow Bluelight's general guidelines. However, if I am wrong about this then I apologize. *

I've spend the last few days scouring Google (as well as the archives here on Bluelight) and I can't seem to find the answers to my question(s). Yes, I've found handfuls of threads relating to my questions, but none of them were quite in the same ballpark as my situation. I'll explain what I mean by that in a moment - but first here's a brief explanation of why I'm here to ask these questions, as I'm hoping it will give everyone/anyone an idea on how the questions might can be answered.

My Story
~Three years ago I had 2 shoulder surgeries on my right shoulder. It had been constantly injured over the course of 7 years due to football, baseball, and other recreational sports as well as lot of accidental stupidity that continued to deteriorate it's overall health and function. Like most stupid men I simple put up with the pain and took Advil like they were skittles throughout the years until finally it got to the point I had screwed it up so badly I couldn't even use it. After both surgeries I was told I'd always have pain - sometimes severe, sometime not as bad - but that it'd always be there. My primary doctor started me out on a monthly regimen of (30) 2mg Dilaudid & (30) 7.5mg Vicoprofen. Naturally, over time, my body became used to these dosages and how often I took them. Fast forward a while and I was eventually up to a monthly dosage of (120) 8mg Dilaudid & (120) 7.5mg Vicoprofen. I was on that monthly dosage for almost an entire year until finally I got to the point I was just tired of taking so many pills every day - and at only 27 years old - and didn't want to be on them forever. So 4 months ago I spoke with my doctor and told him I wanted to come off of them. Fast forward to this month's scripts and I'm currently at (60) 2mg Dilaudid & (60) 7.5 Vicoprofen per month. But this month's been harder to deal with because I think I made an unwise choice asking him to drop me to these lower amounts. That being said, here are my questions...

Tapering Advice
On a day-to-day basis I can normally handle the withdrawals fairly well. The worst ones being the clammy cold sweats and the anxiety. "Full body RLS" sometimes happens at night or when I'm trying to just relax, but thankfully it's not too bad and it's not constant. My fiance is a nurse and I was pretty whinny :)o) because I was having a rough day for some reason with the withdrawals. Her suggestion - being a nurse - was "well when it's time for you to take your next dose, just crush them up and take them... we do that with old people all the time; we have to crush their pills and mix it with applesauce". This sounded like a good idea. The pills will get in my system much faster once it's time for my dose, which will eliviate symptoms quicker. BUT then I got to thinking about the cons. So my main question is this: if I crush up my meds and take them orally like normal, I know they'll be absorbed in to my system fast... BUT will they last just as long in my system until it's time for my next dose? If you read my story above then you know that the math comes out to 1 of each pill every 12 hours. My worry is that by crushing the pills, they will get absorbed in my system faster but they'll also LEAVE my system faster. Which is something I do not want happening. My fiance says she doesn't think it would but she doesn't know 100%. All the threads I've tried searching about this subject are all "how long will XXX stay in my system!? I got a drug test in 6 days and I have to pass it!"... which is obviously not what I'm trying to find out :\.

Kratom
Up until 3 days ago I had ever heard of this. I actually found it mentioned in an archived thread here on Bluelight when trying to find answers to my other question above. I looked in to it, read more archived threads (pages and pages) but once again I couldn't find anything related to my situation. Most everything I found and read was just arguing back and forth about how 50% of people swore by it while the other 50% said it was useless. But one thing I noticed in all my searching was the same 2 drastic differences... (A) someone would swear by it but they had zero opiate tolerance and were just using it to get messed up, or (B) somebody would say "Kratom ain't worth shit!" but that same person was suckin' down 200mg of Oxy and shot Heroin every other day :|... VERY drastic differences. I couldn't find anything about someone with out a massive drug addiction using it to try and help with daily withdrawal symptoms like myself. So my question is this: can anyone tell me if Kratom might actually help someone like me on a daily basis who is using it purely to help alleviate their withdrawal symptoms while they taper off meds for good?

I apologize for the long post. I just wanted to make sure I gave as much information as I could about the situation I'm in, and why I'm asking these questions. Any help or advice would be appreciated.

I keep kratom on hand at all times and it does definitely help alieviate (sp) withdraw symptoms, but it really depends on which type you use. The red vein varieties seem to be most useful at least to me and the white vein stuff is more like speed for me.
If you buy kratom try a good supplier such as kratomparadise.com.
I personally like red kallimantan, but they all taste like something you scrape from under the lawn mower.
I take about a tablespoon of it, mix with about 1/3rd cup of water and nuke it for about 15 seconds then slug it down. It tastes bad, but luckily it doesn't really linger once you rinse it down.
Kratom is a bit strange in that taking more doesn't really help and in fact may make things worse.
There are lots of kratom forums and more opinions than people, but kratom is my backup for whenever I am facing wd and I usually take some at night so I don't feel sick in the morning..
By the way, kratomparadise prices are the best and they ship really quick. I get mine usually within 2 days from the other side of the country..if you buy from a headshop you'll pay out the nose for it and the quality sucks.

I keep kratom on hand at all times and it does definitely help alieviate (sp) withdraw symptoms, but it really depends on which type you use. The red vein varieties seem to be most useful at least to me and the white vein stuff is more like speed for me.
If you buy kratom try a good supplier such as kratomparadise.com.
I personally like red kallimantan, but they all taste like something you scrape from under the lawn mower.
I take about a tablespoon of it, mix with about 1/3rd cup of water and nuke it for about 15 seconds then slug it down. It tastes bad, but luckily it doesn't really linger once you rinse it down.
Kratom is a bit strange in that taking more doesn't really help and in fact may make things worse.
There are lots of kratom forums and more opinions than people, but kratom is my backup for whenever I am facing wd and I usually take some at night so I don't feel sick in the morning..
By the way, kratomparadise prices are the best and they ship really quick. I get mine usually within 2 days from the other side of the country..if you buy from a headshop you'll pay out the nose for it and the quality sucks.

I don't think we're supposed to post websites like that - so you may want to edit those out just in case ;) . That being said I do very much appreciate your input and advice! I've ordered a sample of Maeng Da from what I've researched to be a reputable website. It should be here in the next day or so & I'm hoping it will help. The main issues I have on a day to day basis with my tapering is the lethargy and no energy. My doctor gave me 0.1mg Clonodine - which seems to really help any clammy, cold sweats - but they completely zap my energy (what little I actually have). Here's to hoping though!

Does anyone else out there have any advice on my other question? The one about: if I crush up my meds and take them orally like normal, I know they'll be absorbed in to my system fast... BUT will they last just as long in my system until it's time for my next dose?