• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Tapentadol Questions

DK-maTTy

Greenlighter
I've had quite a few Tapentadol for a while now. The first time I tried them I didn't like the effects, it was far from an opium feeling imo and my vision got funny, this was only off 200mg max.
I've been reading up more and some say you can nod on them really easy and they also palatinate Oxycontin. I'm doing a CWE with Codeine right now, would a small dose of Tapentadol potentate the Codeine?
Also any tips on catching a nod with Tapentadol?

Tapentadol (Nucynta) is kind of a successor drug to Tramadol. The possess some of the same qualities that make them unique as medications. Tapendatol is both an Opioid agonist, but is also a Serotonin-Norepinephrine Reuptake Inhibitor like for instance, Venlafaxine (Effexor) and Duloxetine (Cymbalta). The SNRI qualities of the drug give it a different character than other simple agonists like Morphine. This can help augment the level of Opioid medication ultimately needed and can add an antidepressant quality to Opioid treatment. Medications like Duloxetine are often prescribed just for the purpose of analgesia.

I imagine that the odd, visual effects you experienced were a result of the SNRI activity, but it would be anyone's guess. I know that, for instance, Loperamide has caused me some visual disturbances in the past, so it's not unheard of.

As far as what dosages you choose to use, that's totally on you so long as you keep it in reason.

To nod on tapentadol (If it is as similar to tramadol as i have heard), you have to take your dosage in small increments so that the SNRI qualities are decreased whereas the opioid effects increase. I have never used tapentadol, but that is exactly how i nod out on tramadol.

Also, yes you can definitely potentiate other opioids with more opioids....

Tapentadol is a much more potent NRI than SSRI. Some people find increased norepinephrine pretty unpleasant, so it's possible that tapentadol just isn't for you. It's equianalgesic potency is much higher than its relative affinity for the mu opioid receptor.

Here is a list of what Ive had today:

3.30pm - 4mg Xanax - Felt nothing, VERY high tolerance to Benzo's
3.30pm - 25mg Promethazine Read if you take it an hour or two for Codeine is boosts the effects.. So I decided to take one before going chemist shopping since I have been using so much Oxycontin and Heroin I was hoping it'll help..
7pm - 690mg Codeine using CWE method - Felt some very nice euphoria but never lasts long enough
1am - 10mg Oxycontin IR Endone, I put them both under my tongue
4am - 200mg Tapentadol - slightest feeling but the effects where really pretty weak
4.15am 100mg Tapentadol - put this one under my tongue in hopes of getting back that slight opium feeling I got from the first 200mg, pretty much again nothing
4.40 - 100mg Tapentald - another under my tongue, nothing has changed.
They are hard as rock so I was unsure if they are SL or IR.

The brand is called "Tapal 100" Orange pills with a slit down the center, hard as rock and unsure if they are SL or IR so I put 2 in a shot glass with water to see if they dissolve and they did completely. then went on to taking two more.

I dont quite feel much at all, it was like the peak started coming up but stopped a quarter of the way, I was hoping another would bring it back up but no luck..

My pain doc told me Tapentadol would give negative effects in higher doses because of the nri, and from experience its true Before I got a "nod" from it I just felt twitchy and not good. At best they kept me not dope sick. But if you can catch a buzz from codine 200 mg should have done something ime

Given what you've been consuming in terms of drugs, Opioids specifically, it doesn't surprise me that Tapentadol (Nucynta) simply isn't getting you what you want. It's essentially a more potent form of Tramadol (Ultram) in many ways. Although it is stronger than the aforementioned, it's not going to be as potent as Oxycodone or Heroin. You probably just need stronger drugs to achieve the feeling you're after.