• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Tapentadol & Modafinil

Gaz_hmmmm

Bluelighter
Does anyone know if this is a dangerous combination?

I know tapentadol, being like tramadol, effects noradrenaline and probably serotonin and there for can't be mixed with stimulants but modafinil works in a different way.

I've looked on Google for interactions but found nothing.

Anyone know?
Thank's in advance.

Tapentadol is pretty novel so yeah not much info on it, however as you've said it's related to tramadol and has a similar mechanism of action. Because it's an NRI rather than an SNRI it does have reduced risk of seizures compared to tramadol. However the risk is still there and the NRI action is mildly stimulating in itself already so mixing it with a stim still has potential risk. Modafinil is obviously a weak stim, so at a sensible dose you should be okay, however it is still risky.

For my part I've tried tapentadol, found it did literally nothing to me, then took some dexamphetamine and was fine. But this was a bit silly of me and I wouldn't recommend that combo to others.

Basically what I'm trying to say is it's not a super dangerous combo but not necessarily a safe one either. You should be fine with sensible doses as the serotonin activity is negligible with tapentadol but a small risk remains as you effectively are mixing two stims, albeit mild ones.

Less dangerous for serotonin syndrome is imagine it potenriate the noradrenaline effects or whatever the n stands for in NRI is rather take tramadol but I'm a good converter