tantalus

Allen121081

Greenlighter
do i try to be what society and family say i should be and continually be made a failure.or do i accept that im a junky ,loser,drug addict and act accordingly.to try and be what others and what i know i should be would only be setting me and my loved ones up for failure and heart break over and over.or do i accept that im a junky ,and will always be a junky,quit trying.this way i want have to fail anymore.i have no peace.everyday i live is a struggle.success,hope,the things i long for,peace,are just out of reach.
seems ill never know real happiness.im cursed to exist only tasting that which i can never have.it will always elude me.

do i try to be what society and family say i should be and continually be made a failure.or do i accept that im a junky ,loser,drug addict and act accordingly.to try and be what others and what i know i should be would only be setting me and my loved ones up for failure and heart break over and over.or do i accept that im a junky ,and will always be a junky,quit trying.this way i want have to fail anymore.i have no peace.everyday i live is a struggle.success,hope,the things i long for,peace,are just out of reach.
seems ill never know real happiness.im cursed to exist only tasting that which i can never have.it will always elude me.

I can relate to this feeling of despair and hopelessness. Do your best and be the person who you feel you truly are and things will work themselves out in the end. I am a true believer of this.

Sometimes, especially when you are young and questioning, it can seem like the expectations of society and your family are more of a problem than your own personal sense of failure. In other words it can become a distraction from the real problem: your relationship to your own authentic self and life. As johnnypotsmoker said above, concentrate on developing your own best self. Addiction uses many weapons but the worst are shame and fatalism. Try to free yourself of those voices in your head.<3