• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Taking Vyvanse twice a day?

Armistice0

Greenlighter
My psych recently set me up with a 40 mg dose of Vyvanse twice a day. I was a little conflicted about whether this would be a good idea because wouldn't that be drug abuse? I haven't had any problems taking it twice daily but I'm worried. Is this even okay to do? I take one in the morning and one at noon.

I'm almost positive that is drug abuse. The largest prescribed amount is 70mg. That's why they don't make pills larger than 70, and he/she makes you take two 40mg because of that. Also, they last for 12 hours, so it seems odd to have you taking them twice a day. I would see another doctor before continuing using 80 mg and ask about this. Im pretty sure your body can only go through 70mg in one day, and you may start to see side effects of this after a while.

I wouldnt consider it abuse vyvanse is 0.3 amphetamine so 80 mg is like 24 mg of adderall which is commonly used theraputically. However it is technically recommended no more than 70 mg is taken a day according to the pdr so if your feeling uncomfortable a second opinion wouldnt hurt.