• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Taking unprescribed xanax for a 5 days straight

domperignon19

Greenlighter
Hello, this is my first post! I am a 5' 9" male and weigh 130lbs. I have been smoking weed every day for over a year and recently have started taking other drugs such as xanax on and off. In this month of june i decided to change stuff up having low tolerance with other drugs besides weed. On one weekend I have snorted 2.5 grams of cocaine, the next (this weekend) took 50mg of percocet and roughly 10mg (5 bars) of Xanax. I am curious to know if it is SAFE to take more xanax (10 bars 2mg) over the next 5-6 days [my definition of safe is not having a seizure or something that would wind me up in the hospital..... My question to all is just how badly or if they would be any withdrawals from the bars after I finish the 20 mg's of xanax. Also if anyone knows what symptoms of the dangerous side effects/ withdrawals I would love to hear what people have to say. I dont have any allergies, diabetes, or any other medical conditions. I take lexapro for my anxiety. To be honest the only thing I am a bit nervous about is having a seizure as a part of the withdrawal. Please reach out to me and let me know everything you all know about xanax abuse/withdrawals or if you think that taking 20mg's of bars is too much to consume within 5 days after my body still have the percocet (50mg) and (10mg of xanax)Thanks a lot. I am a very open guy so feel free to just be honest.

You want to know if it's a good idea to keep taking high dose xanax that wasn't prescribed for you until you run out?

No. It isn't.

You want to know if it's a good idea to keep taking high dose xanax that wasn't prescribed for you until you run out?

No. It isn't.

Seconded. Yes you will have rebound anxiety after taking xanax for five days straight, especially on high doses like that. I would suggest leaving this class of drugs alone until you absolutely need it for anxiety.

Xanax,xoloft,serdep,vicodin,valium,ambien...is was on it all...even made my psychiatrist think I'm bipolar with alarming anxiety just to get a up on my dose....but drugs I'd never take on for a full time as a high..dealrs are scares,you get product so rarely that's trustworthy plus jail..So yes I tried meth 3 times when it was coincidentally available..I Loved the way it made me feel..alive,energetic.yet in control..no tired,anxious or stressed..but I knew and saw how fucked ppl become on this stuff so I walked away..I'm clean now for a year of all substances..I year for that feeling,the euphoria kicking in and just to see,hear and feel more alive and clearly...I'm not going back to substance abuse ever..I heard of Sceletium Toruosum and Kratom,herbs that give similar effects but without the harm,and its legal..it helps for stress,anxiety,social awkwardness,depression,pain and so much more..so yes I like to feel that perfect waves and opening of all senses,the warm cosy feeling relaxed just in it..but not at the price of depending on doctors or dealers...God gave herbs for a reason;)

OP, if the "only" thing you're worrying about is having a seizure, then you have nothing to worry about. Everyone is different and dependence can encroach faster upon some more than others, but this is not going to be the case if you only abuse Benzodiazepines for five days. I personally think you're taking too much Alprazolam (Xanax) if you'd like my uncensored advice.

I'm not implying that your use of Benzodiazepines is going to end up in the Guiness Book, but you should slow down because as you're probably aware, people do stupid things when they become overly intoxicated on Benzodiazepines. I see you are also combining the Alprazolam with Oxycodone. This could cause trouble for you in terms of potential lethality, but I wouldn't say your dosages are way too high or not within reason, but for someone with little to no tolerance, you are pushing the bounds of safety. Just keep that in mind and try to be safe.

Withdrawal from Benzodiazpines in a non-previously-experienced user is probably going to take weeks to set in, not days.

The effects of taking benzos more specifically sudden discontinuation SUCKS my experience is w Ativan not prescribed I used for 3-7 days on average as I buy 30-60 at a time bad things happen u black out and u feel absolutely manic afterwards when there gone if u don't need benzos leave them alone there not that fun anyway

I'd say your odds for having a seizure are very low. But I would second what Keif said - you are going to be prone to blackouts, but you will still be able to function, just won't be in your right mind, and during these blackouts you are prone to doing all kinds of things you wouldn't normally do and have no memory of them afterwards.

This is also pretty obvious, but in case its not, please don't operate any vehicles while under the influence of benzos.

As far as withdrawal goes, I've used alprazolam and diazepam (xanax and valium) for sleep for a month straight and was able to discontinue them with no withdrawal. I can't promise your experience will be the same, but I can pretty much guarantee a week of use won't lead to physical dependence.

I would leave the benzos alone, and lock the remaining supply up for emergencies, like insomnia, or psychedelic and stimulant come-downs.

Although everyone is different, and i'm not saying this will be the case with you, but dependence can occur in as little as 3 consecutive days, with alprazolam. So just be careful, play it smart and space out your usage to maybe once, or twice a week. Benzo wd is no joke and isn't worth the risk imo!

- Hopeless Soul

can't speak to xanax in particular but I used ativan once for 12 days straight (pretty much my most extensive benzo experience) and experienced literally no deleterious effects whatsoever upon discontinuing it.

Sounds like you have been experimenting with many different drugs lately, why did you choose to try cocaine, then percocet, and now xanax? And since you are not tolerant to any of these drugs besides weed WHY ARE YOU TAKING SUCH HUGE DOSES?? Most likely 1-2mg for you would get you feeling right, given your low tolerance and height/weight.

I don't fully understand your usage though. When you say that "the next weekend" you took 50mg percocet and about 10mg of xanax, do you mean all at once, or dosed at different points. BE CAREFUL IF YOU ARE COMBINING PERCOCET WITH XANAX. High risk of death from respiratory failure.
DANGEROUS SIDE EFFECTS: memory loss, loss of balance and coordination, failure to control muscles and limbs or inability to walk (if taken in high doses like you are taking), slurred speech, irratibility, injuries due to falling such as scrapes, cuts etc., inhibition which may cause hostility and crazy, not normal actions/behaviors. You will also feel sedated. Xanax effects everyone differently. You know that woman who got her face ripped off by an ape? Well that ape was on xanax when the incident occured, showing that anger and hostility can occur even though xanax typically calms a person. Also, when you are inhibited by xanax you tend to have no problem popping a few more, even though you are already high as a kite. You might also be prone to breaking things while on high doses of xanax because your slowed reactions and muscle weakness can easily cause you to drop a glass plate or fail to break in enough time to avoid rear ending the car in front of you. You might also be very talkative, and appetite can increase or decrease

Before i address your question, why do you plan to take the rest of your 10 bars over the next 5-6 days? Do you want to be blacked out and not remember anything for that period of time? Do you have a job? Consuming 10 2mg bars over 5-6 days will lead to a high plasma concentration, because you are taking more xanax before your body can metabolize and eliminate the previous doses. Half life is 6 hours so if you take 4mg, then 6 hours later there will still be 2mg in your system. So if you took another 4mg at this point, then you would have 6mg of xanax. 6 hours after that there will still be 3mg of xanax in your system!! The consistent dosing causes xanax to accumulate faster than it is metabolized. You will be under the influence of xanax the entire 5-6 days if you take 10 bars throughout that period.
link to a similar thread https://drugs-forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=59950

"half life is simply the amount of time it takes for half of the drug to leave your blood stream and be excreted.

If you ingest a benzo with a 6 hour half life, say you take 5mg's then the following will happen:

in 5 hours, you will still have 2.5mg's in your bloodstream
in 10 hours you will have half of the first lapsed half life in your bloodstream, 1.25mg
15 hours 0.625mg's
20 hours 0.3125mg's
25 hours 0.158mg's

generally tolerance builds because a person might redose after 5 hours, so at 5 hours they might not really be feeling effects anymore but still have 2.5mg's in their blood stream, so when they redose they actually have 7.5mg's in their bloodstream, and if they redose again at the half life in 5 hours, they still have about 3.25mg's in their bloodstream + 5mg's so now even though they are taking the same 5mg dose, they have a total of 8.25mg's in their bloodstream etc etc. That's why withdrawal could take several days to start, because if you are taking 5mg's every 5 hours for 7 days straight, by the time you last dose you will have (and im just guessing) like 30mg's or more built up in your bloodstream."
Source http://www.bluelight.org/vb/archive/index.php/t-633069.html

sorry for the excessive info

answer to your question----> It would most likely not result in major withdrawal symptoms such as seizures, which you are most concerned about. Seizure occurrence from xanax withdrawal usually happens in patients who had taken the drug for years and stopped abruptly. I highly believe that you will not have a seizure.
Now is it safe to take 10 bars over 5 days? Depends on your definition of safe. You could be at risk of injuring yourself, behaving in ways unlike yourself causing others to not like you anymore. You will be sedated so this could be the cause of accidents. I still want to know why you are taking these extremely high doses. I have been prescribed 2mg a day for 6 months and 2-3mg still gives me the good feeling.
I once took very high doses of xanax, because I got to the point where I was so high that i forgot i had taken xanax, so i took another, and another, and another. I dont remember anything that night. The entire next day i felt drunk. I took the highest dose of amphetamine salts (vyvanse 70mg) and the xanax blocked it completely. I remember tripping over a curb and falling into a bush, and almost broke someones bong that day. I dont remember much else of that day or night either. Point is, a lot of bad shit can happen when you are on high doses of xanax. You could end up in jail for doing something you dont even remember. I suggest you try taking lower doses dude, honestly.

I have a story simmilar to yours: During spring break 2015 I took a bottle with at least 30-40 benzos, including Klonopin, ativan, and xanax. By the end of spring break, I had blown through all of them, and both the xanax and klonopin were 2mg. After that I didn't have a seizure. I suffered from sleep deprivation and serotonin syndrome, but no severe withdrawal effects when i stopped the xanax once I got home. One night I was very obliterated from alcohol xanax combo, took a bath and fell asleep in it. By the grace of God the tub drain was leaky and my arm thrown over the side of the tub helped keep me upright. That's how close to death i was.

Xanax withdrawals are TERRIBLE but usually dont happen after only a weeks use. I take xanax daily, and last month ran out 9 days before my refill. Now ive been on 2mg a day for 6 months, and i didnt even notice any negative symptoms during the time I didnt have any xanax.

You wont have severe withdrawals from your described use over 5 days, but you will likely get rebound anxiety, insomnia, and have a low mood. Worst yet, after you run out, you may begin craving more xanax and finding ways to get a supply; you are walking on thin ice buddy

Xanax abuse is evil. One of the most addicting drugs. Benzodiazepines like xanax & alcohol are the only 2 drugs that can kill you during withdrawal. Not even heroin withdrawal can kill you, but xanax withdrawal can. You dont want to get yourself into regular use of popping bars on bars because eventually you will actually need it because of the iatrogenic properties of xanax (the drug creates a disease or other illness that wasn't present before), so youll actually have bad anxiety if you continue to abuse

!!!!!!MOST IMPORTANTLY!!!!! Since your mainly worried about a seizure, make sure to KEEP AN EXTRA XANAX BAR OR HALF OF ONE. If you begin feeling shaky, tense, anxious, tensing up, these are warning signs. If you have a seizure, which i think is unlikely, you can put the xanax under your tongue to stop the seizure. I think you shouldnt worry about being taken to the hospital, especially if you save one xanax IN CASE you seized. But honestly, i dont see that being the case.

Thanks a lot for this infromation... Did take the 10 bars and no withdrawal. However, I think I'm gonna take a break for benzo's and still with weed again. I really appreciate the help and advice

Yeah. Just taking 10 xanax over 5 days wouldn't result in withdrawals. That's less than what could be prescribed in five days. The max daily dose is 10mg. So let's just assume someone was prescribed 2mg 4x a day with one to take as needed - that would be 24. If that person just decided on the sixth day to stop, there's a good chance they wouldn't experience withdrawals. Most people are able to stop and start therapeutic use of benzos without cessation - think like 66% - without ill effects.

I vote no. The after affects of taking high dose benzo will be a nightmare. Spoken from experience. It's fucking hell.