View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Taking the plunge alone

mountainrange

Bluelighter
I've taken mushrooms before and had an incredibly insightful experience. The setting wasn't suitable and I did for brief minutes feel panicky and paranoid but nothing out of the ordinary seeing as I had to walk home through the town with unfamiliar people around and the noises of the traffic and all the hustle and bustle. I spent all of the experience on my own and I find it to be an amazing experience that I won't forget any time soon. It was though, a very difficult experience at the time because I was bringing to surface repressed content from my mind which in the long run proved very beneficial and I could perhaps compare it to many hours of therapy (I've never had therapy before but that's why we use these substances, right?)

I now want to broaden my horizons and take LSD on my own. I've been researching psychedelics for a few years now and I have a number of trips under my belt with mescaline and LSD (not combined) and had amazing trips. However, I was with someone I considered a friend at those moments in the past and I definitely can see why it would be beneficial having that company here. This time it's just not possible. In my mind, I don't feel like I need someone around me so long as I find a nice place out in the beautiful outdoors where I can meditate, contemplate and enjoy the mind opening experience in a safe and secure environment. I know not to take it in places where I'll find nervous and anxious and even paranoid as I know psychedelics have a great affinity to overwhelm your senses and if I'm worried, I know that will be amplified by the drug.

I intend to perhaps do a weekend of backpacking around the UK in some remote locations or at least take the substances in said remote locations. I intend to take around anywhere between 200-500ug. The last time I took LSD I took 300ug and like I said, it blew my mind and was AMAZING. I've taken mescaline and taken 500mg and that was also, AMAZING. Even though I can't replicate the conditions I had before - I want to take psychedelics again for therapeutic purposes and I'm just looking for some advice from fellow psychonauts who have gone the distance before and taken psychedelics alone in similar settings.

Look forward to hearing from you :)

Oh boy, LSD alone was my favorite! In my experience with Psychedelics, I feel as though they should be taken alone, or at least in a setting where you can really focus on all of the new mind-blowing perceptions coming to you. As long as you are stable, and not prone to fly off the handle I think you could have a very deep meaningful experience. When I take LSD (once a month or less) I always enjoy being outside, its a must for me. If there's any advise I should give you it is to make sure you know for a fact what you're planing on taking is LSD, that way you don't die or wig out lol...but in all seriousness make sure you are as ready as possible for what you're doing. If you intend to have a good make sure you are comfortable while you're out there, you will be trippin for a while so bring water, music, and blankets. I could imagine if when outside weather turn to shit, your whole mindset could change because you get rained on or because its burning hot, whatever the case may be. I can't wait for the next time, last time was truly amazing and has always been for me especially when outside the whole time!

If you're experienced with LSD, you feel prepared, and you're in a location where you're unlikely to encounter other people, I'd say it's all systems go. Be conservative with your dose though.

My first psychedelic trips were solo, and I still generally trip alone. I love it. It's great to be able to speak your thoughts aloud without worrying about sounding like a lunatic.

Also, if your goal is introspection, other people can simply be a distraction. Nobody else can help you look inside yourself.

Its pretty funny that I get to talk about this subject tonight, usually I trip alone but it just so happens right before i'm about to meet up with my buddy and smoke some herb after he gets off work, I had another buddy hit me up telling me that his guy just got some Lucy in :) So I suppose I am going to have a trip sitter tonight lol. The major thing I hate about tripping with others is... the question that I have for myself... what will my friend look like. Don't want to get freaked out that i'm stilling next to a fire being lol, I suppose it could get worse! Iv'e actually never seen another human during a peak of a LSD trip :)

Thanks guys, each and every one of you :) means a lot getting responses from you all!
I'm a very spiritual guy but it's all come on over the last few years thanks to my psychedelic experiences and 'changing of the tides' or so to speak my life changing in different directions and learning a lot about myself and others. I know that mentally and emotionally I'm ready. I've always had that solid foundation when it comes down to what I want and how to get it, without divulging too much about myself I've been on many journeys and the majority of them have been sober experiences as if in, I've been sober when I've had them even though for the most part the experiences themselves was sobering.

I did find that my past experiences I seemed to be caught up in something like, a shared delusion maybe? Deep down like a lot of people I have things I wish I could change, bad memories and content that isn't exactly the sort of stuff you put on your resume and dating profiles. Don't we all, right? All that came straight out whilst I was with this guy and even though I trusted him and at the time I saw him as a good friend, I was constantly distracted by him being distracted by his own out pour of thoughts and how he was behaving. The experience was truly magical but it could of been better. I guess I just found myself distracted by him and feeling like I couldn't properly open up and feel what I wanted to feel without thinking it might make him uncomfortable (which at times it clearly did).

I guess guys, I'm just worrying about the alone aspect. What does it feel like tripping alone? Just knowing you don't have anyone around you? Have you guys ever felt lonely when tripping in that way? To be honest I don't really have many friends that take psychedelics nor do I have many friends in general so I'm just a little lost as to what to expect?

Like the above responders, I also tend to go it alone. I've tripped with others in my early days, and a few recent experiences, and don't particularly have a preference. Sitters are nice (my favorite setting is around a campfire, which seems to naturally elicit free speech/thought/unrestricted conversation), but alone there is no one to interrupt your thoughts. I guess it comes down to stimulation/propagation of concepts; if it's been a while, or you have some stuff you want to work on that publicly could make you uncomfortable, you may continue to push those thoughts off. OTOH, if it's recreational abstract thought you seek, or are just currently directionless, peers could be exactly what you need.

I'm a walking contradiction and I'm of no help at all! :p

I just about always trip alone. I can barely stand other people's social manipulation games as it is while I'm sober, I don't need to deal with that shit while I'm tripping.

I do like to talk a walk around the neighborhood after the peak, but I stick to quiet side-streets and make sure I'm not seen by anybody I know. It's nice to walk around in a park or a wooded area where you can hang out with the trees and the birds too, then you won't feel too lonely. ;)

If you're worried about getting too scared or something, just do it during the daytime. Tripping alone in your bedroom at 3 in the morning with nobody to help you and not being able to sleep is the worst feeling.

I guess guys, I'm just worrying about the alone aspect. What does it feel like tripping alone? Just knowing you don't have anyone around you? Have you guys ever felt lonely when tripping in that way? To be honest I don't really have many friends that take psychedelics nor do I have many friends in general so I'm just a little lost as to what to expect?

It's as hard to describe as any other LSD experience, but I think it's pretty much what you'd expect. Your thoughts will be guided by yourself and your surroundings rather than the activities or voices of other people. I've only tripped alone once, but I certainly didn't feel lonely when I did.