• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Taking subutex early

deadhead4lyfe89

Bluelighter
I'm posting this cuz I have a big gram or two a day habit of just smoking brown black tar but its really good.
Anyways last time I got sick and couldn't get anything I was throwing up for 10 days straight didn't sleep most days and I felt like subutex almost didn't work on me anymore or only tiny bit which scared me

Anyway I was wondering will I get precipitated withdrawal if I take subutex earlier. ???!????????
Because they say wait almost 24 hrs but I start feelin like I'm dyin after like four hours or 8 Cuz I'm not like most my tolerance is bigg
And I kinda think I have this memory of back when I'd jus do few points a day everyday I could take sub almost whenever and feel ok.... But back then i didnt get sick til next day maybe 24 hrs. Weird.

And I'm also kinda scared of parcipitated withdrawal cuz once I got it b4 but that was different I was dumb that time and snorted 10or 20 mg oxy then still felt shitty and five mins later snorted maybe 4 mg subutex and threw up emediately and it lasted like a week even tho I've heard some people say it only lasts few hrs.

So with my huge opiate tolerance can I take subutex not suboxone. Subutex earlier cuz I'm hurtin so much worse and so much sooner faster???

Thanks for any advice

this post doesn't make a lot of sense. I wouldn't consider a gram smoked a day a "huge habit," maybe just an average one. I'd consider anything 2+ grams a day IV to be a "big habit" ...maybe just what I've been exposed to though. how much subutex are you taking? when trying to come off a gram IV of powder a day 4mg suboxone did not even touch my w/ds, not at all. when the next year I came off a 48-65mg hydromorphone or ~400mg morphine IV habit it took about 14mg bupe to totally get the withdrawal under control, but 8mg helped noticeably; after several days I was able to taper down significantly. IME it takes more bupe at first, then once it's in your system you can quickly reduce your dose. some people however seem to find that even 2mg takes care of their w/ds right off the bat ...differences in tolerance/body and brain chemistry I'm sure.
I've commenced bupe ~14hrs after my last hit of hydromorphone no problems ...but that's hydromorphone, shorter half life. I would say theoretically as long as you're in full blown or close to full blown w/d you should not experience precip w/ds.
I'm not sure how helpful this post was but I tried to address what you seem to be talking about.

Subutex and suboxone will both cause precip wds, the naloxone has nothing to do with it...you just have to REALLY hold out as long as u can then take incremental doses up every half hour or so until you get some relief...feel for you bro, it's hard to wait isn't it?

Well everyone else an average habit that I know is like two points a day everyday

And it might be two or three I've never really checked I just know a gram is like nothin to me

Ya last time I was sick I did a whole 8 mg subutex and I felt like it didn't work on me and that really scared me

And I think I do 3 grams a day sorry I said one I just don't usually exactly count and was just thinking shoulda realized a gram is nothin to me and could be gone in an hour easily

And ya I just feel like I go into withdrawal bad really fast. Early cuz my habit is so big. Waiting 24hrs is pure deathly he'll when I feel horrible already after only like four hrs Ish or Lil more

I wish we could take sub whenever

I have a distant memory from few years ago when I was like most of my friends. I just did one or two points a day everyday and that was enough.

I remember back then taking sub whenever we wanted and being fine. Somehow. But also I think back then all we needed was 2mg sub.

It's weird

Maybe you're getting sick so early cause your dope has a bunch fentanyl in it.

I have no experience with fentanyl thank gawd (unless it was unknowingly) but I have def heard guys say that massive sub doses don't even touch their wds from fent, I guess it's different than other forms of dope.

It also sound like your withdrawals are pretty hellish which is another thing you hear about with fentanyl

Something to think about

PAWS is not as common as you'd think. Wait as long as you can and take .7 and ride it out for 30 minutes, let the shit kick in then ask yourself do you need .3 - .4 more, if you tell yourself no and old harry says yes. dont do it. otherwise do... trust me.. less is way more with sub. full blown addicts of bup are more receptive to 1mg than 4mg.

Last edited:
^ we're discussing pwd, not paws.

Op,I'm assuming youve taken it already? Any updates?

- HS