• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Taking Suboxone on day 4 of heroin withdrawals

Zapgunn

Bluelighter
I know it was stupid, I should have toughed it out a few more days, but I woke up this morning still feeling like shit, my house is a mess and there is so much i need to get done today. So I took about 1mg of suboxone. Today was the 4th day of my withdrawal from heroin. It usually takes me a week to start feeling better when i cold turkey H.

Where does this leave me as far as the timeframe of my withdrawal? Will i feel just as bad or worse when this sub wears off? should i try to taper down very low with the sub for a few days now or just go back to not taking anything again tomorrow? The ultimate goal is to become completely opiate free as soon as possible. Was this a huge fuck up? its got to be better then getting more heroin, right?

It just sucks because my girl needs me to start working and getting stuff done, and i feel so useless for so long when i quite.

so - you took the 1mg of sub and within 10 minutes felt worse?
Couple of things: 1mg is a very small dose for withdrawal... It's *possible* that you are still in withdrawal and the sub didn't really do much to alleviate it... Not that I'm saying to take more - but when I take my first dose to kick it's usually day 3 and I take about 4mg and see how I feel.
By day 4 I'm back on the full dose of 8mg twice a day and then I taper slowly from there.

but everyone's different - I know when I was kicking from the most ferocious habit ever (lived in SE Asia for 5 years and by the end was shooting nearly a gram of almost pure H a day) the detox waited 3 days to start dosing me, and when they first dosed me at 2mg or whatever I didn't even feel it. It took 18mg I think for me to feel human...

So I would *think* that you are probably ready to start taking them - but again I'm no doctor and I can't tell you for sure it'll work.

Just sharing my experience.

Good luck brother and remember - try not to stress out on the external issues, your girl is going to have to be patient with you for a while. It's a HARD road even with the subs...

But hey - I did it and I can then anyone can.

-b

I know it was stupid, I should have toughed it out a few more days, but I woke up this morning still feeling like shit, my house is a mess and there is so much i need to get done today. So I took about 1mg of suboxone. Today was the 4th day of my withdrawal from heroin. It usually takes me a week to start feeling better when i cold turkey H.

Where does this leave me as far as the timeframe of my withdrawal? Will i feel just as bad or worse when this sub wears off? should i try to taper down very low with the sub for a few days now or just go back to not taking anything again tomorrow? The ultimate goal is to become completely opiate free as soon as possible. Was this a huge fuck up? its got to be better then getting more heroin, right?

It just sucks because my girl needs me to start working and getting stuff done, and i feel so useless for so long when i quite.
Taking 1mg one time actually might be beneficial. You're not going to become dependent on bupe after one dose, and it bought your body time to excrete more of the dope out of your system.

Your endorphin level will be messed up for a while regardless, paws will be the thing you'll need to focus on next. I would imagine you'd only experience a few more days of wd after the sub wears off. I might even consider taking 1 or 2 more smaller doses if symptoms return.

so - you took the 1mg of sub and within 10 minutes felt worse?
Couple of things: 1mg is a very small dose for withdrawal... It's *possible* that you are still in withdrawal and the sub didn't really do much to alleviate it... Not that I'm saying to take more - but when I take my first dose to kick it's usually day 3 and I take about 4mg and see how I feel.
By day 4 I'm back on the full dose of 8mg twice a day and then I taper slowly from there.

He didn't say he felt worse after he took the sub.

1mg is a large enough dose to combat withdrawal, they use micrograms when using bupe as an analgesic in hospitals.

The risk of precipitated withdrawal increases as the dose does, so inducting with less than 1mg reduces that risk.

Hey ZG,

So you're at a fork in the road,

#1) if you have several more days of free time and are feeling tough then finish the CT .

#2) if you want to remain semi productive starting now then take some Sub(s) over the next few days and while Yes, your total W/D will be longer, it will be mild and workable.

To make the most of the subs cut them into 1/4-1/2mg pieces.

In quantities this small your not going to cause massive W/D's with crazy PAWS unless you're planning on using 20+mg of Subs.

Best of Luck to you though either way though. :)