• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Taking sub after methadone question

Massjunkie

Greenlighter
So I’m on bupe and took 20 mg of methadone yesterday morning. Can I take a sub today?

So I’m on bupe and took 20 mg of methadone yesterday morning. Can I take a sub today?
Absolutely. As a matter of fact, you might want to switch over to methadone. I'm going to assume you took it to get high? If so, that means the suboxone isn't doing its job very well. I don't know how long you've used drugs or your age but if this is your first time in treatment I'd try to stick it out.
But, and I know this is going to sound nuts, talk to someone about it. It doesn't have to be YOUR counselor. It can be someone else's. Ask if you can speak with him or her off the record, so to speak. If you can, and you're pretty sure they aren't just saying that (you can trust them), then ask them what they think your next step should be.
Regardless, though, definitely do not skip your sub. It's always most difficult in the beginning, but it'll pass really quickly. I've been on for 20 years now. And that's not counting the ten years I was on before that! It's still hard for me to believe most times.
Good luck to you whatever you decide. And, to paraphrase the late Ronald Reagan, "Trust everyone, but always cut the deck."
Have a great day!