• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

taking Remeron and want to take Psilosybe Cubensis: how long to wait?

Picnic_Johnson

Bluelighter
Very simply, my last dose of 22mg of Remeron was just over 36 hours ago. I usually take 45mg nightly but am d.c.'ing it because I need some guidance from Psilosybe Cubensis. I ate some aborts this morning and was certainly effected but don't want to waste the little bit I have.

Is this enough time for the remeron not to interfere with psilocybin ?

Uncertain: mirtazapine (Remeron) has quite a long half life of ~20-40 hours and you are taking quite high doses - which by the way are not optimal if you are using it to sleep well.

On the other hand, it's not impossible to trip for some people in certain situations even when they are on mirtazapine. But usually you shouldn't count on it.

So: the trip could possibly be reduced, if you want to be sure that there isn't significant interaction you might want to wait but if you don't care, then I guess not.

When I took mirtazapine I almost didn't even try to trip, but on rare occasions I took 5-MeO-DMT (IM at least some of the time) and it was very strong. But 5-MeO-DMT is not your typical psychedelic... it's overwhelmingly strong in it's action I guess, and also does not exclusively act on 5-HT2A.

No simple answer to this; antidepressants can have a very long and built up action and effect psychedelics beyond the many half lives the outward duration HL suggests - there are many antidepressants and many psychedelic as well as individual variation. Generally reckoned a good month worth being off ADs for taking MDMA; probably sooner for shrooms but most don’t bother wasting drugs when on ADs so no clear - good for all answers and you should come off meds if you need them and they should be tapered anyhow so your either going to have to wait or experiment to see what it does in your case and be happy with what you get; you got something but at the very least some blunting is likely to occur for a very good while

I've been on Remeron for 3 months, as I had a really bad comedown from MDMA. I recovered 80%, then drank and smoked for 2 more nights and had another really bad comedown. I had sex a week later and then developed the whole spectrum of an LTC... Face tingles and body twitches, tinnitus, brain zaps, floaters. Didn't sleep for 2 weeks. Problem is now, 3 months later, I'm seeing visual snow more (upon standing), tinnitus is louder, thinking things move in my peripherals, and more floaters. I like the Remeron because it helps me sleep....but could it be making the slight HPPD worse?

I've been on Remeron for 3 months, as I had a really bad comedown from MDMA. I recovered 80%, then drank and smoked for 2 more nights and had another really bad comedown. I had sex a week later and then developed the whole spectrum of an LTC... Face tingles and body twitches, tinnitus, brain zaps, floaters. Didn't sleep for 2 weeks. Problem is now, 3 months later, I'm seeing visual snow more (upon standing), tinnitus is louder, thinking things move in my peripherals, and more floaters. I like the Remeron because it helps me sleep....but could it be making the slight HPPD worse?
For me it doesn't make my multicolor fuzz or tinnitus any worse, nor any better. That's on a constant 30mg/day .

Thanks. It's not helping me sleep anymore which is what has me worried.....I don't know where to go from here.

Yeah - I'm thinking of stopping mirtazapine for the same reasons. I ran out for a week a while back and didn't notice any difference with my mood or sleep. I'm lucky, I don't suffer in the slightest stopping ct. And hopefully I'll lose a few pounds into the bargain. I'll still collect a few prescriptions though, always good to have on standby as a quasi-sleep aid / trip aborter.

Yeah - I'm thinking of stopping mirtazapine for the same reasons. I ran out for a week a while back and didn't notice any difference with my mood or sleep. I'm lucky, I don't suffer in the slightest stopping ct. And hopefully I'll lose a few pounds into the bargain. I'll still collect a few prescriptions though, always good to have on standby as a quasi-sleep aid / trip aborter.
Well I'm taking it due to a really bad MDMA comedown.... Worked for a bit but now it's pooped out for sleep. I quit it for a few days and slept ok, but can't sleep without it since. Hoping to get some pregablin

I wouldn't stop taking it if you're on it for depression. Pregabalin is great for reducing anxiety, but it's not an AD as such (afaik). I'd only use pregs short term, it's pretty strong stuff and messed me up a bit after being on it for a long time. Some people also get a really really nasty withdrawal from pregabalin / gabapentin, that has the potential to leave you worse than you were originally for a long time (permanently in some cases). They're structurally very similar to Phenibut, which causes the same issues for quite a few people. Not drugs to be taken lightly, GABA drugs can leave you in a really horrible place after not too long at all. I know how nasty MDMA damage can be, that strange social anxiety / paranoia. I'd prefer it to GABA drug withdrawal any day of the week though. I guess what I'm saying is don't jump out of the frying pan into the fire.

Thanks. That's exactly what I'm trying to prevent. The brain zaps, insomnia, tinnitus, sleep paralysis are killing me. I was never depressed before all this. I just worry I'm making things worse by using ADs, as I wasn't depressed before this.

I have no social anxiety, but ruminating on how I feel. And the insomnia is the worst, if my sleep was ok I'd know I'd feel better. I OD'd on speed and MDMA, felt a bit better.... But then I drank and smoked weed for two nights and its fucked me hard.

Man, I know chronic insomnia. Coming off the benzos I went the best part of a year getting an hour or two sleep a night if I was lucky.

Sounds like a job for your doctor to me. I don't remember pregabalin or gabapentin making me especially drowsy. Although your experience may be different. Have you tried things like diphenhydramine / doxylamine (otc sleep aids)? Doxylamine in particular I found really good, more efficient than mirtazapine. I think it's brand name is Unisom in the US.

Sorry, just read your other post about the brain zaps and whatnot. That does sound like something pregabalin might help with.

Thanks. I'll try the doxylamine, I've never tried it before. I see my doctor again on Monday, we'll see what she says.

Back to the original subject, I can confirm it's entirely possible to trip with mushies whilst on mirtazapine. I did take quite a lot of cubes, 5-7g. Knocked me sideways for a few hours, as expected.

The one thing I would say is that it made the trip feel mirtazapinny. Like the two synergised and gave me a fairly strong stimmy buzz, although I was welded to my chair. Don't remember feeling that with shrooms in the past.

Lordy lordy Lord. I decided to stop taking my mirtazapine for a week to see how it affected my sleep. I'm pleased to say that for now I can sleep quite happily without it.

So yesterday I got quite drunk and when I got home decided to take a few mushrooms from the same batch. Just 3 cubensis. Then due to my drunkness got all sleepy 30 minutes later and went to bed.

Fell asleep for an hour or so, then woke up all confused and took a while to remember why. Fast forward an hour and the visuals were so intense I had to turn the lights on to try and get a grip.

Turning the lights on made things even more visual, I had difficulty working out what anything in my room was. I remember staring at my duvet pattern swarming about, cupboard morphing and twisting so hard that it was tough to watch. Then got to that point where I couldn't tell if my eyes were open or closed, it all looked the same.

So that was that, 2 hours of the most visual shroom trip I can remember. Utterly horrifying it was for an hour or two. I like that about psilocybin though, you go ten rounds with it, take a pummelling and then when it's impressed with your stamina it shows you the good stuff. Cue another 4 hours marvelling at the beauty of life and laughing to myself like madman about funny stuff that's happened in my life the past few weeks.

These are the same shrooms I took at about 5 times the dose a month ago when at Shpongle. I would have lost the plot at that dose in a manic nightclub environment without the mirtazapine, it really does blunt mushrooms a lot.

And as a side note, I know people say a cube is a cube is a cube, but FML the ones I've grown this time are strong. Like really really strong. Never have I had such a profound ++++ from 3 measly mushrooms.